Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP will have horses, unicorns, fairies and imaginary friends?

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    A Horse Ranch EP could cover lots of various gameplay opportunities:

- Ridable, playable horses as pets (most likely would take up a household slot)
    - Feeding, grooming, training, repairing horseshoes and riding gear
    - Creating custom horses in CAS
    - Plenty of horse CAS items such as different styles of saddles, personalized horse blankets, bridles, etc.
    - Horse obstacle courses (dogs currently have them) and maybe obstacle course jumping competitions
    - A country/ranch type of world with surrounding farms and plenty of 50x50 and/or 64x64 sized lots
    - Western/Ranch style build/buy and CAS objects
    - The possibility to own a horse training ranch? Maybe a new career (horse trainer)?
    - New traits/aspirations: Loves Horses, Hates Horses, Horse Whisperer

I could see this being a great EP with plenty of fun gameplay added to it.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 512 Member
    I'd definitely like this horse ranch pack to be true! I'm not a big fan of horses irl, but I love them in TS3. And I remember how almost exactly a year ago there was a leak for a pack called High School Years with images taken from TS3 (I think?). I didn't think it was true, as it seemed a strange theme, and how could you make a whole EP out of that ...? And then a few weeks later that pack was officially announced. So I'm really hopeful about this one!
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    If there will not be enough gameplay options, it could always be a world pack. For a world pack I would prefer something that is not based on US though, we have so many US worlds already.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    So, about that leak... With the previous leaks that turned out to be true, does anyone remember how much time passed between the leaks and the official confirmation/announcement? Since we're still within the time frame of the last roadmap, I suppose we won't see anything until next month, but who knows, maybe the next roadmap might come soon.

I'm trying my best not to get overly excited, but I'd really like horses and can't wait for them to be announced. Like some other people here, I'm not a horse person in real life, can't even remember the last time I met a real horse. But I have a few sim families that could really use them, and since I never played TS3, it would be an entirely new experience for me.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    My wild guess for the release is late July or August.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    My Wedding Stories was leaked on February 1, 2022 and released on February 23.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    edited June 2023
    Yeah, but the current roadmap covers the timespan until the end of june and MWS is a GP, not an EP, there tends to be a little more time for EPs.

Anyhow, I'll be overjoyed whenever we get the horses pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    I just looked back on Sims Community and they reported a leak for HSY on 3rd June. It was officially announced around 30 June, and released 28 July.
  • Options
    I just looked back on Sims Community and they reported a leak for HSY on 3rd June. It was officially announced around 30 June, and released 28 July.

Ooh, interesting. I never knew I wanted horses but now I'm starting to get excited. 😄🐴
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Horses would be great! <3 I'd buy that pack immediately. I just hope they aren't confined to one world.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love horses and an ability to build and run a ranch! I hope that if they are really doing an expansion horse ranch pack that they update the vet career to include caring for horses. That would be awesome!
  • Options
    A release date is now making the rounds on Twitter. Won't post since Cade doesn't take kindly to leaked info being posted.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for mentioning this. I'm not on Twitter so hadn't seen it - but I have now! Kind of fits with the timing schedule I posted earlier for HSY. I'm so hoping this is all true :)
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,347 EA Community Manager
    A release date is now making the rounds on Twitter. Won't post since Cade doesn't take kindly to leaked info being posted.

You can discuss "leaks" here as long as they aren't Rene related. Just be aware that we won't confirm/deny anything being speculated on.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    You can discuss "leaks" here as long as they aren't Rene related. Just be aware that we won't confirm/deny anything being speculated on.

Also, I had so many horse puns ready to go, but @EA_Solaire made me take them all out because she's allergic to funny things :(
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    :D

Also, I had so many horse puns ready to go, but @EA_Solaire made me take them all out because she's allergic to funny things :(

You were just “champing at the bit” with “unbridled” eagerness, weren’t you?
  • Options
    Ok so the leaked release date is July 20.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    I would be over the moon if they finally add horses and country music. Although more western than "new" country for me. <3@EA_Cade pun away we can all use the humour. ;-)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I would be over the moon if they finally add horses and country music. Although more western than "new" country for me. <3@EA_Cade pun away we can all use the humour. ;-)

I wish I could, unfortunately @EA_Solaire did have a point that everyone would take that as confirmation which could lead to some hurt feelings down the road.

Side note, it's really hard to talk about something you aren't supposed to be talking about.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I wish I could, unfortunately @EA_Solaire did have a point that everyone would take that as confirmation which could lead to some hurt feelings down the road.

Side note, it's really hard to talk about something you aren't supposed to be talking about.

Sadly true. I guess by the time you are my age you develop a really good sense of humour and not take everything serious. Now I'll stop talking about something that's not supposed to be talked about. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

Thanks for this clarification, I was already worried 😁. Nothing better than a good TS4 leak!!
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    I hear ya @EA_Cade. I have a two track mind more or less (if it’s not horses or Star Wars, you really don’t wanna be around me at a party 🤣)

So iiiiiiiif the release date is July 20th, then that means we should hooooooopefully be hearing something very soon.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'd definitely like this horse ranch pack to be true! I'm not a big fan of horses irl, but I love them in TS3.

This is how I feel. I shouldn't be thinking about buying fun stuff right now but I really loved the Sims 3 horses (they were my favourite horses in any game) so I could see myself getting a horse pack for Sims 4.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    20th July would be a perfect release date for me - I work at a school and they break up for Summer on the 21st so I would have weeks of undisturbed time for horsing around 😁

I absolutely loved horses in TS3, and Appaloosa Plains was awesome. I hope we get a similar world, country music and lots of western type objects.

I'm trying not to get excited in case it's not true though.