Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Routing of the sinks!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,771 Member
    Found the bug report in the help center, if you want to click Me Too:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-washing-hands-in-sink-in-different-bathroom/td-p/11667740
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 578 Member
    I've had this as an occasional problem since I started playing in 2018, although it was usually people washing dishes in the bathroom, not so much handwashing. I feel like in the past month or so, on the other hand, it's been ramped up to Nth degree. Nowadays sims almost never use the nearest sink. It's like they've been re-programmed to avoid it.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 392 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    In my game it's a fairly new thing within the past year. They used to be pretty good about using the one nearest the toilet. Now they go out of the way to use one in a different room 90% of the time. I can have two sims use two different toilets at the same time, and they'll walk past each other to use each other's sinks. It's not the sinks. I believe it's a bug that came up either with HSY or a later patch. I've just decided to find it amusing to save my sanity. It causes a lot of embarrassing moments when someone else is showering in the room with the sink they decide to use though.

Edit to add: It's happening in every household, and on lots that I used without this problem for years.

Yes I’ve found this too. All households and houses that I’ve used for a long time with no issues now all have the same problem. I’ve added a me too to the bug report.
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I've also hit me too ... I never had the problem with not using the sink next to the toilet until the latest patch (or the new EP, hard to know which one started it).
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think easiest way to solve the issue with washing dishes in kitchen sink is to place the table in the kitchen or right next to the kitchen. If you have the dining room on the other side of the house and bathroom between the kitchen and diningroom, they are bound to use the bathroom to wash dishes.

I have been doing this also. Have the kitchen sink(s) as close as reasonably possible to the eating areas. Have the bathroom sink(s) as far away as possible, at least comparatively to the kitchen sink. For a bathroom with multiple toilet stalls, have more sinks than toilets available. A couple of sinks it the kitchen wouldn't hurt either.

However if this is a new bug, then it's all messed up again anyways. I'll try to remember to test it as I play. Watch for patterns.

@Brd709 Actually, if you want to upload your house to the gallery, that would be a good house to test with.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 392 Member
    I found a mod by Lilmisssam in her random mods called Improved Autonomy for Object Use that seems to be working so far.
  • Options
    EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,423 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can find the link for this specific issue above.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top