Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

growing together download error

AandasmumAandasmum Posts: 46 Member
cant download the new pack as whenever i try to download it it just says download error... tried the clear cache, restarting computer, app etc and still getting it... anyone else had this problem and did you manage to fix it

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 392 Member
    Lots of people are having this problem. It’s on the main EP out now post.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    the app forced me to buy it 2 times. I called my bank and if EA charges me twice then they can take care of it. I was able to download the dlc but I had cleared the cache when I was trying to download it after the first time I bought it.

So maybe if you clear the cache it will download.
  • Options
    the app forced me to buy it 2 times. I called my bank and if EA charges me twice then they can take care of it. I was able to download the dlc but I had cleared the cache when I was trying to download it after the first time I bought it.

I’ve tried that more than once and still getting download error.
  • Options
    Lilia1971 wrote: »

I’ve tried that more than once and still getting download error.

That happened to me with the patch and I couldn't update the game until EA fixed it on their end. So you may have to wait until they fix it.
  • Options
    AandasmumAandasmum Posts: 46 Member

i already put i tried the clear cache etc and still getting the error

• Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @Aandasmum and @Lilia1971 I had that problem went on AQ and it was sorted in a few mins. Mine was saying I didn’t own the pack and wanting me to buy it again even when the money was out of my account last week. Don’t worry you will get it just the servers are struggling as the pack is so high in demand at the mo. I went on quickly had a look at the pack and came off as I don't want to play until I know everyone has their copy of the pack 😊
  • Options
    @Aandasmum and @Lilia1971 I had that problem went on AQ and it was sorted in a few mins. Mine was saying I didn’t own the pack and wanting me to buy it again even when the money was out of my account last week. Don’t worry you will get it just the servers are struggling as the pack is so high in demand at the mo. I went on quickly had a look at the pack and came off as I don't want to play until I know everyone has their copy of the pack 😊

Hi. Thanks I know it will get sorted eventually. It’s just very annoying that EA knew what the situation would be after the mess on a Tuesday and still did nothing to prevent it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,930 Member
    My App crashed twice. I didn't get the email inviting me to pre-download until moments ago. I followed the steps and it downloaded. Confused, much. I had problems logging into the App, too. I had just been in the game playing. Got out because I couldn't find any evidence on how or where to download the new EP. That's when the App crashed on me. I was about to restart my computer, but I did an App Recovery. After that I had to sign-in, only that kept failing. Face/palm. I think I'll go try to play my game again. Best of luck to all of you, I hope EA gets things sorted sooner, rather than later.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

I checked AQ and couldn't find anything. How did you get it to clear the download? I tried everything I could think of before buying it again.
  • Options
    Finally got it to download. I cleared cache then closed EA app with task manager then went back in and it finally downloaded.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,118 Member
    My App crashed twice. I didn't get the email inviting me to pre-download until moments ago. I followed the steps and it downloaded. Confused, much. I had problems logging into the App, too. I had just been in the game playing. Got out because I couldn't find any evidence on how or where to download the new EP. That's when the App crashed on me. I was about to restart my computer, but I did an App Recovery. After that I had to sign-in, only that kept failing. Face/palm. I think I'll go try to play my game again. Best of luck to all of you, I hope EA gets things sorted sooner, rather than later.

I got my preload email AFTER I struggled to log in and finally downloaded it lmao.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @DragonAge_300905 I had to close EA app and shut down my PC restart it get into EA app and I was able to download it with no problems don’t know if it was cause I had been on the EA app all day and I had to refresh it again or if it was just the EA servers struggling with the demand for the EP. Sorry I can’t be anymore help 😞 if your still struggling please go to the help centre on the form and see what everyone else is saying about it
  • Options
    @DarkLady2788 I did all that when I was trying not to have to buy it 2 times, but no matter what I did it said I didn't own it. I had the email and everything but it wouldn't download it until I bought it again. So now I have 2 emails with different order numbers and 2 charges on my credit card for $80 total but I have the pack in my game.

I just have to wait and see if EA charges me twice for it. If EA does charge me twice, my bank told me to contact EA and if they don't fix it, my bank will for sure fix it. So either EA will fix it or my bank will and I won't be out $40.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

We have a thread on this over at Answers HQ here. Please keep the conversation there for tracking purposes.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top