Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic preferences changes

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,122 Member
Which sims are you going to change with this update? premades or otherwise?

as for myself
Simmingals finally getting to ace this game wooo yes thats happening

meanwhile Heckings will no longer fall in love with Nancy Landgraab

considering making Lily Feng aromantic cause she has unflirty trait
but I think she will be still up for woohoo
(given how she and victor seemed to enjoy that when Patina was visiting)
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I probably won't bother to change/set a lot of premades' preferences. Maybe only those who are in canonically gay relationships, yeah. But my own sims are way more important to me so yes, I'm going to set sexualities for a lot of them. I think most still gonna be pan tho.
    But the first thing I'm going to do is to create an aroace sim and see how they will react to flirting and such. I'm very interested in that gameplay.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,259 Member
    Premades aren't very prominent in my gameplay so I won't be doing anything with the few I do have. Haven't decided how to set romantic preference for my one played family and supporting families.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,753 Member
    I will probably change some premades where I feel that they would not prefer both (as they do now as default). Sims like Katrina Caliente, Bella Goth and Brant Hecking to name a few that I feel would not be interested in exploring romantically because they are married, have children or because of their backstory.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    Pre-mades in my game will be just like they are defaulted to (because I don't actually play them so I don't really have a care one way or the other how/who they get involved with, same as with pronouns). I'm only worried about sims I actually play having a gender preference/pronoun accuracy.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,124 Member
    I never pay attention to the premades anyway. I'll probably just leave them alone. I will definitely set the orientation of played sims though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I downloaded a lot of Sims from the Gallery for my high school years save so I’m gonna have to go through every single one of them to change pronouns and sexual preferences; especially for the teens that will be interacting with my played Sims.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,061 Member
    I have a list of the preferences of those who interact with my played sims. It will be nice not to keep a list anymore and just put it in the game !
    Is there a randomizer?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Okay Sotos are now into women only
    heckings into men only (although I might add one of them being ok with woohoo women because babies hmmm)

simmingal very much not into woohoo not particularily into dudes or dudettes but exploring romantically i guess will update link in simmingal thread soon tm

journey continues
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Moody and Millan are now into men only too
    Greenburg Mary is only into women
    Tina Tinker only into women
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Is there any couples people consider like straight as it gets

I kinda struggle setting that limitation :lol:

I was thinking about Roswells but then I realized i might want to change that :lol:

I wonder if i should just set straight couples like straight but exploring romantically hmmm
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    edited July 2022
    Sergio Romeo is only interested in men in my saves from now on. It may effect with his relationship with Siobhan Fyres, though. :p
    Morgyn Ember is ace and Don Lothario is only into women. Gunther Munch, Diego Lobo and Izzy Fabulous are gay.
    Premade Sims who are married with same sex Sims (like Heckings) will have their preferences updated in my saves. There are also few other premades that I may fix but I also may not want to use too much time with them, especially if they're not important to my Sims.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I will probably update the pre made townies at some point. Starting out with the townies I made myself and then I will start looking at the other ones.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    lmao people have been hyping this into the ground and now that it's here, it's like nobody has even tried the content out.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,052 Member
    I'm kind of tempted to pick the worst preferences for some premades, just to cause some chaos. Make Mortimer gay and ruin his marriage with Bella. Make Brant cheat on Brent with women. Don Lothario is asexual.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,061 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Is there any couples people consider like straight as it gets

I kinda struggle setting that limitation :lol:

I was thinking about Roswells but then I realized i might want to change that :lol:

I wonder if i should just set straight couples like straight but exploring romantically hmmm

@SamDenny It's gonna be awhile for me because (1) work is busy and (2) avoiding update until either the aging bug is fixed or until they determine whether it REALLY is for long lifespan only. some people have reported it happening with aging off

Anyhow to @Simmingal 's question... among my San Myshuno families my CAS couple and their son the Lopezes are all completely heterosexual.
    also completely hetero are Anaya Jang (Baako would be if still alive), Victor Feng (Lily if still alive would have been slightly hetero and slightly ace/aro), Jesminder Bheeda, Salim Benali and wife Tanvi Savalani, Akira Kibo and wife Madison Kibo. I feel like those characters are as straight as it gets. No one in my game is really queerphobic though. Some of them are phobic about more interesting things like alien pregnancies and werewolves.
    Arun Bheeda and Bess Sterling are bi
    Adeline Bheeda is pretty much hetero but exploring (when it occurs to her)
    Miko Ojo is marginally bi but mostly gay
    Penny Pizzazz, Billie Jang, Laila Benali, and Diego Lobo are gay
    Raj Rasoya and Darling Walsh are both asexual and either completely aromantic or else with a very slight interest in women
    Miki Akiyama is bi/pan and is married to Sai Savalani who is nonbinary and mostly into women
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,007 Member
    I plan on setting preferences for all the sims in my rotations eventually, including a few of the premades I play like the Goths. I don’t really play sims that prefer the same sex romantically, though I do plan to make sure Izzy Fabulous likes the same sex, as he is a good friend of Vanessa Jong, and I would like him to keep that preference. When I go in to make over townies as I do occasionally I may set gender preferences for them at the time too.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2022
    heckings into men only (although I might add one of them being ok with woohoo women because babies hmmm)

How does being O.K. with woohoo but not romance with a woman work? Don't you need a romantic relationship to woohoo. Is this no longer mattering
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Premades are instantly deleted in my game but I fixed all my Sims to be straight what a chore 392 Sims besides children and toddlers obviously. I wonder if this will truly have any effect on game play or will they just make random crushes ignoring player choice completely.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm kind of tempted to pick the worst preferences for some premades, just to cause some chaos. Make Mortimer gay and ruin his marriage with Bella. Make Brant cheat on Brent with women. Don Lothario is asexual.

Asexual Lothario be hilarious
    maybe he was traumatized after being sent back in time for offending ladies
  • Options
    OmniNerd42OmniNerd42 Posts: 38 Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Which sims are you going to change with this update? premades or otherwise?
    >
    > as for myself
    > Simmingals finally getting to ace this game wooo yes thats happening
    >
    > meanwhile Heckings will no longer fall in love with Nancy Landgraab
    >
    > considering making Lily Feng aromantic cause she has unflirty trait
    > but I think she will be still up for woohoo
    > (given how she and victor seemed to enjoy that when Patina was visiting)

The first sims I updated were my SimSelf family. My sons have been wishing that I could set them as ACE for a while now. So finally I don't have to rely on just unflirty and I can give them some other traits they should have.
    Check Out My Current Sims 4 Creations
    Or
    Check Out My Older Sims 3 Account & Creations
    And
    Check Out My Live Stream Where teens throughout the Sims have runaway from home together. The drama is real!
  • Options

How does being O.K. with woohoo but not romance with a woman work? Don't you need a romantic relationship to woohoo. Is this no longer mattering

I mean theres the thing with update that your sims can ask to be woohoo partners or whatever if theyre good friends

this is so aromantic sims can exist without being asexual as example

in this scenario i am thinking it would be more like say brant and brent want baby

but since they're both male its not possible (well realistically ofc i could go to cas n all that jazz but you know)

therefore they need lady to be mother to child

therefore at least one of them would have to be willing to make the said child with the lady

in which if i set the woohoo preference to no women that would just fall apart really
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    @Simmingal Thanks for telling me. I missed that! This will be great for surrogacy.
  • Options
    starrylimastarrylima Posts: 16 Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Is there any couples people consider like straight as it gets
    >
    > I kinda struggle setting that limitation :lol:
    >
    > I was thinking about Roswells but then I realized i might want to change that :lol:
    >
    > I wonder if i should just set straight couples like straight but exploring romantically hmmm

I would say Arun and Jesminder Bheeda, probably Nancy and Geoffrey Landgraab as well. I kind of imagined some werewolves townies having preferences such as Rory being a Lesbian/Sapphic and Lou as Bi maybe.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    I was only going to bother with the sims who had a strong orientation in my game, but since my usual "Waiting for the mods to update" activity is to work on my save template (which has no CC) I've actually given them to several. For the most part, I've just decided if they're base interested in men or women (or both or neither) and left open to explore alone, but a few are getting more concrete preferences.

So far, Morgyn has ended up aro/ace, Don is straight as a pin, and everyone in Partihouse is open to whatever.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    starrylima wrote: »
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Is there any couples people consider like straight as it gets
    >
    > I kinda struggle setting that limitation :lol:
    >
    > I was thinking about Roswells but then I realized i might want to change that :lol:
    >
    > I wonder if i should just set straight couples like straight but exploring romantically hmmm

I would say Arun and Jesminder Bheeda, probably Nancy and Geoffrey Landgraab as well. I kind of imagined some werewolves townies having preferences such as Rory being a Lesbian/Sapphic and Lou as Bi maybe.

Ah, see, in my game, Nancy Landgraab is a power lesbian whose marriage to Geoffrey is a sham. (At this point, she is an adult, Geoffrey is an elder, and Malcolm is a YA.) She runs a corporation while he stays home and donates her money to charity, and mopes around about how Malcolm turned out. (Malcolm is a villainous secret agent who spends his free time trolling on the internet.) After work Nancy usually goes out for drinks with her bestie Clara Bjergsen and they hit on attractive young women at the bar. (Meanwhile, Bjorn is at home falling in love with the au pair and writing gloomy poetry.)