Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Options during active class?

Nobody mentioned what we can do inside the active class, it's nice it's not a rabbithole but what we can do inside?

In sims 3 we could take notes, fell asleep, ask the professor a question..and so on

I'm hoping we can still do these..

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    Not much, but I have seen YouTubers get chance cards while sitting there.
    I think use the social networking app, but none of the things like TS3.
    Not even the even the choices from Base Game school.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned what we can do inside the active class, it's nice it's not a rabbithole but what we can do inside?

In sims 3 we could take notes, fell asleep, ask the professor a question..and so on

Right now you can't do any of these...which really sucks. Just the occasional pop up and your Sim writing in a notebook.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

Right now you can't do any of these...which really sucks. Just the occasional pop up and your Sim writing in a notebook.

Yeah this sadly. I would have liked to have some options.. or instead of TELLING us things with chance cards why not SHOW us? Kind of disappointing.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Yeah this sadly. I would have liked to have some options.. or instead of TELLING us things with chance cards why not SHOW us? Kind of disappointing.

Unfortunately, "tell don't show" seems to be TS4's motto... The most egregious one for me was the health class one, where it specifically states that the sim got out of the rest of the class if they fainted, but they just keep sitting there like nothing happened. Also I think the chance cards are completely random since (I forget who it was, possibly James Turner?) someone got a chance card for a class they weren't even in at the time.

I really don't understand why we don't at least have the same options that we had before when our sims were attending school. Why can't they sleep at their desk, and maybe get caught for it (raise energy level)? Why can't they play games on their phone (raise fun)? Why can't they talk to their seat mate (raise social)? Why can't they study hard or refuse to take notes (impact on energy and fun)?

I saw someone mention it might have to do with the musical chairs problem that TS4 has, where if they tried to do something else at their desk, they would get up and do it in another chair. I guess I can see that problem happening, but then, like, maybe try to fix this problem finally? People have been frustrated with the musical chairs for years now.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited July 2022
    There doesn't seem to be any options to do any of that. All that I have seen is the occasional chance card which seem to be completely random...

Also during exam they apparently open their books and close them again and then sit and stare at the wall.

Yeah uh... kinda... not much happening there at all.