The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So gross... can I fix this

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    Okay, it seems like the new updated added a new phone call. I'm now seeing phone calls for asking another Sim on a date.

My Sim got an incredibly disturbing call though... His friend, James Alder, asked him if he should go out on a date with Maggie Alder because she's cute. Maggie Alder is his mother! What the heck!? Why is this even possible!? Obviously, I told him "No!" but I think this is a huge oversight. Sims should not call and ask if they should date their parents! I was so worried that maybe Maggie was no longer listed as James' mother, so I quickly popped into his household to check. Nope, she's still his mother. I have proof below.

u5RRsZe.png

PlU8ZKU.png

Maybe it's because James' parents are divorced, his mother is single, and doesn't live in the same household. It's just so wrong... I'm going to pretend that never happened.

I've split your post from the Neighborhood Stories thread and merged it with this one for tracking purposes.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    So this is happening to more than myself. This has to be a bug
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    edited March 2022
    My male Sim has a pink bar with his toddler son. His son even has it on his profile that his father is his romantic interest. :s
    I noticed it after the dad put his son to sleep while being flirty. Too creepy.
    I'm debating if I should make his wife kill him after finding out about it. Their poor little son will probably need therapy as he ages up. :/
    I have no mods, I've never had any, so it's clearly a disgusting bug in Sims 4.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My male Sim has a pink bar with his toddler son. His son even has it on his profile that his father is his romantic interest. :s
    I noticed it after the dad put his son to sleep while being flirty. Too creepy.
    I'm debating if I should make his wife kill him after finding out about it. Their poor little son will probably need therapy as he ages up. :/
    I have no mods, I've never had any, so it's clearly a disgusting bug in Sims 4.

This is obviously not working as designed, the Sims team are aware of this issue and have been investigating since it was escalated yesterday.

Hope to have an update ASAP on this.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    I wonder if neighborhood stories with the ability to adopt has allowed for a crack in the relationship to parent choice? Either way I hope this is fixed soon if it's escalating
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    NO, Incest has been in the game ever since 2014. And still isn’t fixed. I don’t think they can fix it. I posted on a lot of posts about this! EA is not going to fix it! If they would separate the family interactions from general interactions and add more family gameplay and dynamic gameplay for families. In a separate code from general interactions.Then maybe we wouldn’t have this problem. Because the interactions between my Sim child and her step-mother had became romantic in my game for some reason. But I have complained every since 2014 about this.
  • Options
    @motdk I've never encountered it until this year but how in the world have they not fixed this if it's been an issue this long!? I ended up saving the whole family to library and placing them back in the same house. It removed the meter but now I feel as though I can't trust allowing my YA children to continue living with parents during hard times or whatever the story is because I'm seeing that it's been happening a lot very recently to others.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Just FYI, MCCC can remove the relationship bar, but not the meter, it sticks no matter what. i would like to see the ability to forget a relationship over time like the game does with a friendship if you hadn't interacted with a sim over time.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    "So it doesn't come back" ... no, that would require mods. It's a game glitch and can happen when sims get into flirty conversations with more than one Sim at a time. The mother or daughter probably injected herself into a conversation that the other one was having with someone else.

To remove it, you can use the modify relationship cheat code, or a mod (MCCC can do this). To prevent it from ever happening again, you can use a mod for it. It's pretty rare though, so imo not worth adding a mod to prevent.
    I'm pretty sure there's a setting in MCCC that prevents it (though I could be mistaken)

I've had this happen in the past between two sisters and they went and talked to each other, there is no one else involved, they flirted with each other in any event. I can see it happen outside this injecting sims into a conversation. Although i have seen this happen on occasion recently though between other sims.

Just out of interest i wished this game would stop injecting my sims into conversation or forcing a random conversation on my sims. in general it is highly annoying.
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    This is clearly not working as designed, I've seen 2 reports of this over the last few days and I've sent this issue up to the Sims teams for investigation this morning.

While you're at it, can you track down that random mischief interaction from a conversation?
    You often have a good conversation between one sim to another and then suddenly the mischief interaction plays autonomously with no means to stop it and sabotages the friendly conversation for no good reason at all. It's worse with children when they start shoving each other around and there is nothing that would set it off.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member
    The only way I've seen that will remove that romantic relationship meter, is to delete the relationship completely with MCCC. Then add it back to how it was, and is supposed to be. Its drastic, but I haven't found any other way.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This was a known problem to players way back in 2014. I'm not surprised the Sims get phone calls about it now since it has always been there but many people may not have ever seen it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    So now i know this relationship bug has returned, i have done a complete accounting of my sims and all their relationships and i'm seeing a number of disturbing things going on. Things i'd never want these sims doing in a million years and some that are so far out of character i wonder if they had the stuffing knocked out of them first.

In total there are 318 sims i have, most of which are teenagers or older with only a handful of elders.
    there are:
    - 18 counts of incestuous relationships.
    - 31 counts of random flirts starting a relationship bar to the minimum score.
    - 6 counts of sims kissing each other randomly and starting a relationship bar. This includes one teenage female sim i had no intention of getting into a relationship just yet and two male sims, alpha sims who hate each other other that just kissed out in the open, both of which are entirely hetrosexual as well, one is married with two children and all three of his family were nearby and the other guy is married but his wife wasn't around.
    - 1 count of a surprise woowho and a child out of nowhere and further MCCC and that adult mod were set to prevent exactly this from happening, yet it happened. i aged the child up and deleted it with no further thought on the subject.

Put some safeguards in place or better still stop forcing sims into interactions they have no business being in.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Hoverael Just... wow. 18 incestuous is a LOT. I was so put off by one in my game that if I found 18 I'd be shattered. They need to fix this.
  • Options
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    @Hoverael Just... wow. 18 incestuous is a LOT. I was so put off by one in my game that if I found 18 I'd be shattered. They need to fix this.

since that last reply i've had another case of incest and 2 more cases of sims kissing each other. Worse still is this one male sim who wants nothing to do with any other male sims, his contacts are only female and has a fiancee, and he ended up kissing another man. I can't trust this game until it's fixed. So for now i'm suspending my gameplay and once its fixed i can sort out this mess.
  • Options
    @Hoverael I honestly don't blame you. No one likes forced romance. Any romance in my game I want control over it. There have been times when enchanted introduction and free love (fully disabled now) didn't allow for that but I'm just a big fan of no forced romance. And fully disgusted by familial. That alone needs to be a priority.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    edited March 2022
    Is this caused by neighborhood stories or just the game generating relationships over time?

During my 7 years of playing The Sims4 this has happened once to my sims. A daughter ended up with a romantic relationship bar with her mother, I just loaded an older save and it didn't happen again.

But if this is happening now with neighborhood stories on a much larger scale, then they need to look into their tuning files and make sure that they have the proper relationship checks and age checks.
  • Options
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    @Hoverael I honestly don't blame you. No one likes forced romance. Any romance in my game I want control over it. There have been times when enchanted introduction and free love (fully disabled now) didn't allow for that but I'm just a big fan of no forced romance. And fully disgusted by familial. That alone needs to be a priority.

nothing i can do about it. it's just annoying to see such things going on. So no i don't have free love NAP, it's just happening.
    i went back and checked since the last patch, including some of those saves along the way and i see the pattern forming, i get the sense some users think i'm playing about hence the "insightful" nonsense and that's their presumption without knowing. Right now i'm just plain annoyed by this, especially that female sim and the surprise child, i wish i knew how that happened.
  • Options
    @logion I haven't seen it in my game until after neighborhood stories but several others have said it's been an issue since 2014. It might be escalating with the new story coding.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have been playing since 2014 with over 6000 recorded hours (I mostly play offline, so that is a conservative figure). I have played modded/unmodded, 100s of sims and I play rotationally. I create parents for all my sims of whatever age for back story purposes and have never seen this.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @ModerateOsprey very fortunate
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had this happen in my game recently when I was playing with the Bheeda household and Jesminder had some how formed a romantic relationship with their toddler. I used MCCC to repair it but things like this just should not happen. I hope it can be looked into and fixed.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 3,000 Member
    OMG incest ! lol come on folks i feel this is exaggerated ! I just thought, since they cant act on it its irrelevant, cause there is no way to actully 'act' on those romance bars, there are incest safeties folks ! Siblings, even with full romance bars, cannot interact romantically so... i dont see where the problem is...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member
    I have been playing since 2014 with over 6000 recorded hours (I mostly play offline, so that is a conservative figure). I have played modded/unmodded, 100s of sims and I play rotationally. I create parents for all my sims of whatever age for back story purposes and have never seen this.

5 years, 5700+ hours, also some offline. I have played 25+ saves, all except one rotationally. Countless sims, with and without kids. 99% of the time modded, including a certain adult mod. Also never seen this.

Doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Doesn't matter if the sims can't act romantically with eachother. Incest is a very real problem, one which I'm very uncomfortable with, if I should see it in my game. This is an issue that must be resolved, and from what EA_Cade said, is being looked into. And hopefully, it will be fixed for good.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 3,000 Member
    Okay... hmm mm well i chose to ignore it because you cant act on it. There is alot of things i see here that im uncomfortable with but thats not one of them. Its just an opinion (i studied Freud and if you dont act on it its not necessarily unhealthy but iam no shrink) ... all apologies !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker