Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Degrees, Promotions etc. when you're already in the career?

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
My Sim Jun has just graduated with a degree in History. He was already working in the Politics career (Level 3, Social Justice Worker).
I'm guessing that the game does not automatically pick up that he has the relevant qualification and promote him.
Do I need to go to "Find a Job" and sign up for the new position?

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes, in the job options you should see the exact job title he qualifies for. There will be some extra text describing a sign-on bonus for being a graduate. Don’t be fooled by the entry-level position offered in the same field.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You might need to quit your current job for the new position to be listed, since it's in the same career.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    You might need to quit your current job for the new position to be listed, since it's in the same career.

Imagine that in the real world, some low-level grunt going into the boss's office like "I quit!" and the boss saying "Great, now we can offer you a position where you're my boss's boss and could fire me without a second thought! And we'll give you a huge raise and a bonus. Whaddaya say?"
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    Thanks all! :)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,963 Member
    Yes, that sim must quit their job and reapply to it.
    Though remember, there are two politics jobs: entry level and degree-boosted level. As I see your sim has History degree, find from the career list the name Politician. The icon should have green flags added.