Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I heard the gardening bug has been fixed but still going in my game

Is there anyone still have this bug? My plants randomly turn back into the soil in the newly created game. Is there a new bug report about this in AHQ? The old one has been closed.

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think a lot of people still have it.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    It happens when I have a large garden of mixed seasonal plants. I've noticed if I have just a few (1-6 plants) of all the same type the bug doesn't happen, but as soon as I add different plant's that grow in different seasons I get the bug and the entire garden reverts to dirt piles.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    It happens when I have a large garden of mixed seasonal plants. I've noticed if I have just a few (1-6 plants) of all the same type the bug doesn't happen, but as soon as I add different plant's that grow in different seasons I get the bug and the entire garden reverts to dirt piles.

I still have the gardening bug too, but I haven't bothered to make a report or add a save on AHQ beyond clicking "me too" because I use mods and they'll say that's why I have the bug. Despite many, many people who don't use mods also having the exact same bug. And specifically to you @Arzekial I didn't realize this was a component of the bug. How interesting. I suppose if one only wants to grow a single cash crop like the expensive flowers, that would be fine, but I grow a garden so my sims can have fresh produce for cooking, so that sort of fix is no fix at all. btw, I'm not attacking you in any way, just thanking you for bringing another aspect of the bug to my attention. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    It seemed to be fixed for me after their update, but all that really changed was when it's happening.
    Before, my garden was fine if my Sims never left the lot, but would revert if they went anywhere. After the update, the plants didn't revert until I switched households.
    And I'm not just getting dirt piles; a lot of the plants are just seeds sitting in the pots. Even my cowplant reverted back to a baby cowplant.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @logion
    oh thanks! I didn’t find this thread. I clicked me too just now.

@Arzekial
    I need to mention that no season pack installed in my game, but I still have the bug.

@FatTribble23
    Yes the reason I posted this subject here is they say I have the bug because I use mods. But I only use some very small mods. I’m the same. I make a small garden to get some cooking ingredients from the plants.

@lisamwitt
    I heard from other simmer of mine, she was growing a cowplant but all of a sudden, it shrunk to the baby.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited October 2021
    The plant revert glitch has improved somewhat for me with the patches. I used to consistently lose my Sim's entire garden to dirt piles. Now, post-patches, only a couple of plants will occasionally revert to dirt piles for no apparent reason (no interaction or travel or change in season; ETA: I do not have Eco Lifestyle & I do not use any mods). But, as I recently noted in this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17987709#Comment_17987709

The addition of the "great soil" lot trait caused about 90% of my Sim's garden (all outdoor plants & most indoor) to revert to dirt piles again simultaneously at 7 a.m. the following day. So, I suspect that the trait is broken, and while likely not the sole cause, it appears to exacerbate the issue.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2021
    Here is a good thread where both bienchen and littlemssam tries to figure out what is causing the issue: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991364/plants-are-still-reverting/p7

bienchen gives some good tips on how you can avoid it from happening often, never use low quality fertilizer and if you have eco lifestyle then your plants get hit with penalty growth points if your eco footprints keep changing.

If you have Seasons, there is currently a bug as well where plants will revert to dirt if your season changes and you are not on the home lot. So always try to be at home when your seasons are changing.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The plant revert glitch has improved somewhat for me with the patches. But, the issue is not entirely fixed. I used to consistently loose my Sim's entire garden to dirt piles. Now, post-patches, only a couple of plants will occasionally revert to dirt piles for no apparent reason (no interaction or travel or change in season). But, as I recently noted in this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17987709#Comment_17987709

The addition of the "great soil" lot trait caused about 90% of my Sim's garden (all outdoor plants & most indoor) to revert to dirt piles again simultaneously at 7 a.m. the following day. So, I suspect that the trait is broken, and while likely not the sole cause, it appears to exacerbate the issue.

Yes you are right. But there is another issue with this. When I move the plants to another pots in buy mode, they turn into soil or lose the harvestables. When my sims got back to home lot, I see some of the harvestables are in my family inventory, and the numbers are mostly 20 up to 40. As you know there is no option for sell all in one go, it’s frustrating to delete them one by one, or have to drag them onto the floor one by one. So.. a couple of the plants turned into the soil, some other plants turn into soil while being moved in buy mode, and in addition, 20 to 40 fruit and vege are waiting for me in family inventory. So I feel like the post pach is not working properly.
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Yes you are right. But there is another issue with this. When I move the plants to another pots in buy mode, they turn into soil or lose the harvestables. When my sims got back to home lot, I see some of the harvestables are in my family inventory, and the numbers are mostly 20 up to 40. As you know there is no option for sell all in one go, it’s frustrating to delete them one by one, or have to drag them onto the floor one by one. So.. a couple of the plants turned into the soil, some other plants turn into soil while being moved in buy mode, and in addition, 20 to 40 fruit and vege are waiting for me in family inventory. So I feel like the post pach is not working properly.

I have that issue too. I noticed harvestables in household inventory after the pre-Cottage Living patch. There's a bug report for it here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Harvestables-from-plants-in-HH-Inventory-on-loading/m-p/10541255#M192068

If you want to hit "me too" on it as well.
  • Options
    You would think at this point they would just completely remake the entire gardening system and have it work the same across all packs/expansions. I mean, since they can't figure out what is causing the problem, why not? It's been going on for what... almost 2 years now?
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yup, still around, mods or no mods. Still annoying the crud out of me with every save.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I haven’t been in play mode for a couple of weeks, so I don’t know if they have fixed anything yet, but I have read what a couple of people have been saying and am going to try some of those things out to see if anything works for my game. I do save often so I can get out of that game and go back in. It’s the most game breaking bug I have experienced since several of my sims in my main save have large greenhouses, and the one I’m currently playing has a good size greenhouse because they are currently my HOB family. I hope Dev’s are spending time working on the plant problem. I have had reverting to dirt pile issues for a very long time, and I play a large rotational game.

I have never used mods or CC in the sims 4 and own all the packs and kits.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I had that too, when I planted crops in planters, so what I do it just replant them on the ground, then go into build mode and move the plant to a planter. And it doesn’t turn back.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member

Thank you for this, I didn't know that and I have that trait on all my sims lots. I'll remove it immediately and see what happens.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @logion

@Arzekial
    I need to mention that no season pack installed in my game, but I still have the bug.

That's interesting and It actually just happened to me again in a sheltered garden with 1 apple tree, 1 lemon tree, 1 valerian plant and 1 mandrake plant. So... yeah, still an ongoing problem. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Thank you for this, I didn't know that and I have that trait on all my sims lots. I'll remove it immediately and see what happens.

I hope that removing the trait helps your game. So far, I have had no additional major reoccurrances of the revert glitch post-removal of "great soil."

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes, it still happens and it's annoying. It doesn't happen in all of my saves, for some reason, but most of them. There are some lots that seem to be more bugged than others, I've noticed.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Here is a good thread where both bienchen and littlemssam tries to figure out what is causing the issue: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991364/plants-are-still-reverting/p7

bienchen gives some good tips on how you can avoid it from happening often, never use low quality fertilizer and if you have eco lifestyle then your plants get hit with penalty growth points if your eco footprints keep changing.

If you have Seasons, there is currently a bug as well where plants will revert to dirt if your season changes and you are not on the home lot. So always try to be at home when your seasons are changing.

This is very helpful, as is the 'great soil' trait observation from @EternalSunshine. All of these factors seem to be part of the issue in my game.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    When my sims got back to home lot, I see some of the harvestables are in my family inventory, and the numbers are mostly 20 up to 40. As you know there is no option for sell all in one go, it’s frustrating to delete them one by one, or have to drag them onto the floor one by one.

@Jeansoo - In the family inventory you can choose how many of the harvestables you want to sell in one go. Just click on e.g. the blueberries, move your mouse to the area to the left where it says “sell”, click on it and a white box will pop up in the middle of the screen where you can then adjust the amount you want to sell.
  • Options
    Greyling wrote: »

@Jeansoo - In the family inventory you can choose how many of the harvestables you want to sell in one go. Just click on e.g. the blueberries, move your mouse to the area to the left where it says “sell”, click on it and a white box will pop up in the middle of the screen where you can then adjust the amount you want to sell.
    Thanks. Is there a way to put the items all on the floor with one time holding on your mouse? For examples, when you place the lights or other objects in buy mode, you can place multiple amount while holding them with your mouse. It will be very useful if I can place the gardening items on floor from the family inventory. The reason I sell them is because it’s annoying to take them out one by one on floor. I usually use delete key. Grab 1 then delete, grab another 1, then delete..
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Is there a way to put the items all on the floor with one time holding on your mouse? For examples, when you place the lights or other objects in buy mode, you can place multiple amount while holding them with your mouse. It will be very useful if I can place the gardening items on floor from the family inventory. The reason I sell them is because it’s annoying to take them out one by one on floor. I usually use delete key. Grab 1 then delete, grab another 1, then delete..

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think so.
  • Options
    kestrelkestrel Posts: 5 New Member
    I can verify that even after all this time, this bug is a major headache for me. EA, please fix it, patch it, or as one suggested, make it from scratch to work correctly.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I posted about this a few days ago and they redirected me to the bug thread where the issue can be buried and closed my thread - I’d recommend if you have not already hit the ‘me too’ and join the 493 others when I clicked and posted it.

I’m all for the idea of them stripping out the gardening system altogether and starting over since it’s apparently a bug that is too difficult to correct.

Oh well - just heads up they will close this thread so be sure to add your voice over there