Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know if you can quit the scientist career snd still make the potions?

I have a level 10 scientist that wants to start a family and I was wanting her to quit her career for awhile to raise a toddler or two. Does anyone know if they can still make potions at home after quitting?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    Yes. You just have to purchase the chemistry lab.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,021 Member
    Yes. You just have to purchase the chemistry lab.
    Thank you! She already has it, just wasn’t sure if she would still be able to use it!
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Even if you can't make the potions you can still clone them with the Scientist cloning machine.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,021 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Even if you can't make the potions you can still clone them with the Scientist cloning machine.

True, I hadn’t thought of that. Which reminds me, before she quits I need to set up a little store for them to sell some of the science gadgets.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    I have the cloning machine in my basement but prefer to use CopyPasto. It's a little bit quicker.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    to expand a bit on the 'yes' answer... once a sim leaves the scientist career they're given a hidden trait called 'hasbeenscientist' that allows them to continue using science equipment. they can just no longer visit the science lab (...unless you use a mod that allows anyone to visit those gtw lots)

also, that retail store that sells all the science stuff is exactly what i did with my first scientist, an alien, and her astronaut husband... they've been maxing out both sides of every career introduced to the game specifically for all the unlocks, so they can sell stuff (esp the outfits) to sims i want to have the stuff without having to go through the career to get it