Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about University?

Set on buying university pack next but I'm after having some questions answered, if anyone has the pack and can answer?

1) Can pregnant sims attend University?
2) Can children, toddlers and babies be in the Britechester bit?
3) Can you live in Britechester without attending university? e.g. Could I have a husband and wife where only one does uni and classes and the other works etc?
4) Does Britechester have any empty lots for building or is it all housing? Not a problem I can edit a building but just wondering

Thank you, I'm doing a particular story with a family I have an want to know the above so that I can move my entire family to Britechester rather than leaving the children behind.
script>

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    1.) Yes! But they cannot live on-campus. I have played semesters at University with a pregnant sim, enrolled from home.
    2.) Yes. Residential lots in the town are just ordinary residential lots. Counts as "from home" for pregnant sims, as above, too.
    3.) Yes, easily.
    4.) I don't think there are any empty lots. You'd have to choose a lot to delete to build there. The starter lot is a 20x30.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    Yep, Sindocat covered it.
    Just a heads up if you want pregnant or non-enrolled Sims living in Britchester and don’t want to change lot types; concentrate on the section between the two campuses.
  • Options
    HTQuackersHTQuackers Posts: 110 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    1.) Yes! But they cannot live on-campus. I have played semesters at University with a pregnant sim, enrolled from home.
    2.) Yes. Residential lots in the town are just ordinary residential lots. Counts as "from home" for pregnant sims, as above, too.
    3.) Yes, easily.
    4.) I don't think there are any empty lots. You'd have to choose a lot to delete to build there. The starter lot is a 20x30.

Thank you so much very helpful for my game, deleting or editing a pre-existing home isn't too much of an issue thank you again
    script>
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Yep, Sindocat covered it.
    Just a heads up if you want pregnant or non-enrolled Sims living in Britchester and don’t want to change lot types; concentrate on the section between the two campuses.

Thank you very helpful
    script>
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I erred. The starter home lot in Gibbs Hill (which is the central neighborhood between the two campuses) is a 20x15. But there is room to expand the house there, on both sides. Not to mention, up. :)

It's a pretty town, but fewer amenities than some. Gibbs Hill has a pub and a library, a starter home, and two families - watch out for Lilith Pleasant - she's a Kleptomaniac and will take your stuff. ;)
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Yes. They can even live on campus if you change one of the lots from University Housing to Residential. That might work quite well for Maritime Manor at Foxbury or Darkwing House at University of Britechester. Still, University is a lot easier if you live off-campus.
    Yes. Children, toddlers, and babies cannot live in University Housing but they can live on any Residential lot. Children and toddlers can visit anywhere but I think babies are still restricted to their home lot.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Yes. They can even live on campus if you change one of the lots from University Housing to Residential. That might work quite well for Maritime Manor at Foxbury or Darkwing House at University of Britechester. Still, University is a lot easier if you live off-campus.
    Yes. Children, toddlers, and babies cannot live in University Housing but they can live on any Residential lot. Children and toddlers can visit anywhere but I think babies are still restricted to their home lot.

Thank you thats the exact houses I wanted to use.
    script>