The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,547 Member
    logion wrote: »
    GameChanger reviews are...mixed.

I’ve just watched some reviews and I was surprised by the mixed reactions. I was expecting more ultra happy vibes.

Watching some reviews, I still can’t understand the appeal of the pack. 🤔🙄.

Bugs aside, I saw lists and questions about colours, budget constraints. It looks like a lot of unnecessary play to me to get to decorate whereas I can just press build mode and dive straight in and do whatever I want.

I do love the modular counters, sectional couches, separate hob and oven etc but this is not ‘Furniture Supreme Pack’ or ‘Sectional Couch Club’.

I think this should’ve been a stuff pack at £10 like ‘Redesign Stuff Pack’ or something.
    Paranormal Stuff Pack came with a career etc.

At least we got likes/dislikes out of it. 😊

I guess it's just the perspective you take.
    I'm not thinking about me doing it. I'm thinking about the life that I want my sim to have as an interior decorator.
    I'm interested in building her career, interacting with clients, and probably getting ideas of how to play other sims depending on what changes that are made in their homes.

I do agree that this is a weak Game Pack, because it feels like something else.
    You could call it a Career Pack. It feels kind of light like the earlier game packs.
    Some simmers just don't like decorating, so this pack will offer them little. But that is going to happen eventually when you have so many people who like different things. You are going to get a pack that isn't useful to you personally.

It doesn't feel like a great value, but it will add to my game, personally.
    I plan to have my sim run a home decor business and she will alternate between that and doing decoration gigs, or just going to a rabbit hole.
    It all should be very flexible and make it all less repetitive.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mlmeadowsmlmeadows Posts: 13 New Member
    Two weeks ago -me waiting to buy Courtyard Oasis kit until game pack came out because of wanting new game play.

This week- not wanting to buy either new kit or new game pack because of lack of new game play.

Some of us Simmers are just not builders, mkay?

Wondering how long I have to wait to buy a pack that is actually good...
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    This seems super buggy from watching game changers. I was thinking this would be a pack I would wait for and buy on sale/in a bundle anyway, but if I was planning to get it on release this would have turned me off!

I have watched four game changers so far and they have all had at least some glitch in the career, the reveal trailer didn't work properly a lot of the time, someone had the clients glitch out, the level addition gig completely didn't work and they had to quit the gig and take a reputation loss. There is so little gameplay and they STILL couldn't test it properly? Wow.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If Maxis had in their contract that they had to create one free BB/CAS item for every bug...

I bet we'd have a lot less bugs on release day.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    GameChanger reviews are...mixed.

I love how they hyped up this pack so much, saying the BB was so amazing.

And then they realized there wasn't much BB, barely any CAS, and barely any Gameplay.

So this pack isn't good for Builders or people who like to play in Live Mode. It's just a bare bones pack :D
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I saw in another thread that there are ~135 B/B objects in this pack. I’m basing this off of a pic posted in the “weird design choices” thread. Which means this pack, which emphasizes build mode, has less B/B than JA, an adventure GP, and is comparable to nearly every other GP where the focus isn’t B/B.

I can’t really understand this. Especially considering, as I’ve pointed out in another thread or maybe this one, JA came with the most b/b of any GP on top of a new world, the mechanic for tomb exploration, new skills, new collectibles, new aspirations, etc. And, I don’t think this new pack has any of that.

Is it the two kitchen sets and modular sofas that used up all of their resources for other things?? If so, was it really worth it?😐

If this pack is really missing B/B, then who is it for? It's obviously not for Builders if the B/B is slim. And the Gameplay is almost nothing.

I think the Kits really took from Game Packs' budget. We're back to getting packs like Spa Day with barely any content at all.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I have no issue with the career, but I’m not buying a pack to renovate houses when I can do so already in build mode. And for free.

Pass. This should’ve been a feature in a bigger pack. Not the sole focus.

—T
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    mlmeadows wrote: »
    Two weeks ago -me waiting to buy Courtyard Oasis kit until game pack came out because of wanting new game play.

This week- not wanting to buy either new kit or new game pack because of lack of new game play.

Some of us Simmers are just not builders, mkay?

Wondering how long I have to wait to buy a pack that is actually good...

You sound a lot like me. I feel your pain.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,153 Member
    edited May 2021
    So you're probably aware of some of the opinions being expressed by some GameChangers regarding DHD and they're not very enthusiastic.

Edited to add a few more comments from our former community manager.

Some may decide they want to make up their own mind and purchase on release.
    Some may decide they don't want the pack.
    Some may decide to wait for a sale.

Having said that, this thread is still intended for anyone wanting to discuss positive gameplay experiences. :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Seeing far too many bugs showing up in the GC reviews. So this is a no from me until it's fixed or half price for the B/B. I'm not going to continue to encourage releasing content that hasn't been properly playtested and fixed.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Well, the career was the only thing hanging me on, but to add to a so empty gp... bugs!! No, thank you.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

It's really embarrassing if your ex Community Manager is saying things like this, it shows that more people are becoming tired of this game.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The game changer reviews seem all over the place. Almost everyone I watched was buggy. That is very disappointing for a brand new pack.

Another personal disappointment for me was how the likes and dislikes seem to be assigned completely randomly. Maaike liked programming, when she should have liked writing. One of the Tinkers didn't like handiness. Canon likes and dislikes should have been assigned to the premades, especially since we can easily change them if we want.

I really like some of the build/buy assets, but I will wait until it is on sale.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,026 Member

😂 I wondered what you meant then I saw the addition. Yes the new career could slot into GTW easily.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Looks like no multitasking when Sims are lounging on the chaise. So no turning on the TV, no conversations for a conversation pit, reading... I also don't want an active career that can't be completed due to bugs, hard to justify. I don't think I'll be getting this pack at launch I wanted.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,176 Member
    I hope they will soon have the other couches/loveseats from previous packs be able to connect.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,746 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    The game changer reviews seem all over the place. Almost everyone I watched was buggy. That is very disappointing for a brand new pack.

Another personal disappointment for me was how the likes and dislikes seem to be assigned completely randomly. Maaike liked programming, when she should have liked writing. One of the Tinkers didn't like handiness. Canon likes and dislikes should have been assigned to the premades, especially since we can easily change them if we want.

I really like some of the build/buy assets, but I will wait until it is on sale.

If you like building and world building, and will spend time giving all premades their own likes and dislikes, then you might like it a bit more. I am not a huge fan of doing that...so that's why my impression of this pack have kinda switched to mixed. The bugs don't help either.

I like the build/buy assets too, as someone who is from Sweden I recognize a lot of the IKEA style furniture.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,127 Member

I like the build/buy assets too, as someone who is from Sweden I recognize a lot of the IKEA style furniture.
    Not needed to be even from Sweden, neighbors do recognize it too :) (Finn here)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member
    This packs makes the Star Wars pack look like a master piece. Maybe this was the intention? I can‘t believe that they really released a game pack without a gameplay and on top of that they had the audacity to not play test it.

Agree after seeing the trailer and livestream at least the Star Wars pack appeared to have some gameplay to it. Although I never bought Star Wars I could see the appeal to some people with its gameplay. This one looks bad and not play tested. It’s interesting seeing the game changer reviews some have really slated the pack and some of them are ones I would not have expected that reaction from too.
  • Options
    There's also missing an objects checklist, like the one to build venues. Meaning that if your client requests a bathroom renovation you can present it without a toilet and, instead, with an oven, for example... :lol: sims won't acknowledge anything besides liked color and furniture style. Check Carl's review.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Oh no I just realized... If there's no required objects checklist... And you can renovate public venues... If you don't make sure you put down all required items for a venue, won't it be classified as an unfinished lot? Has anyone tested this? Please, I hope the team at least considered this. But with their track record, my hopes aren't so high...
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    lexibee wrote: »
    Oh no I just realized... If there's no required objects checklist... And you can renovate public venues... If you don't make sure you put down all required items for a venue, won't it be classified as an unfinished lot? Has anyone tested this? Please, I hope the team at least considered this. But with their track record, my hopes aren't so high...

Well i believe that when renovating a community lot, the community lot checklist will overpower the DHD system and will make you use all the required items. Well, at least that's what i hope...

But there should also be a required list for room renovations. If you're hired to do a kitchen renovation and you don't add any kitchen items and instead you add a rock climbing wall you should be penalized. But as you can see in Carl's review, you aren't! You'll be successful anytime as long as you use your client's favourite color.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Bugs all over the place in DrGluons stream today.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?