Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster Bloodlines - does it not work with CAS made sims?

I created 2 spellcaster sims in CAS, then used genetics to give them a daughter. Logged them all in and the daughter had no bloodline trait.

So I went to the 'Magic HQ' with the whole pack of them and had them all learn a spell. Went back into CAS and used genetics to give the first two a son - he also had no bloodline.

So I used a cheat to give the parents the weak bloodline. Went back into CAS again and made a second daughter. She didn't get any bloodline trait even though both parents had the weak bloodline.

I had expected all 3 children to get something. What am I missing in this process?

Child 1: made in CAS before any logins
Child 2: made in CAS after parents had logged in and leared a spell
Child 3: made in CAS after parents given a bloodline trait in game, saved, and then jumped to CAS

- Do you only get bloodline traits if the child is 'born in game' and not made through genetics?

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    That is my understanding. I have just had my first "Strong Bloodline" Sim born in-game, to a "Weak Bloodline" caster and his no-bloodline-trait partner. I have never received a bloodline trait from CAS.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've downloaded a few households from the galery and some of them have spellcasters. So, those spellcaster's descendents won't have a bloodline?
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    That is my understanding. I have just had my first "Strong Bloodline" Sim born in-game, to a "Weak Bloodline" caster and his no-bloodline-trait partner. I have never received a bloodline trait from CAS.

Well that's a little annoying but I guess I can use cheats to do what I was aiming for. I wanted to make a sort of Harry Potter sim - an ancient bloodline sim with no living caster relatives, but some actual 'in the lineage' ghost sims that I'd move over to 'homeless' once done setting up the scenario. Figured I could do it all in CAS itself.

But I'll have to stack the bloodline trait part with a cheat.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I've downloaded a few households from the galery and some of them have spellcasters. So, those spellcaster's descendents won't have a bloodline?

If their kids are born-in-game, they should get a bloodline trait. The kids that you make for them in CAS won't.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

If their kids are born-in-game, they should get a bloodline trait. The kids that you make for them in CAS won't.

Oh cool then :)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    @Jyotai you could do that using the Charm family with a minimal amount of gameplay. like have Gemma or Darrell have a baby with someone (Darrell already has a romantic relationship with Emilia) and then age everyone up.

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @Jyotai you could do that using the Charm family with a minimal amount of gameplay. like have Gemma or Darrell have a baby with someone (Darrell already has a romantic relationship with Emilia) and then age everyone up.

My sister poached Darrell for one of her caster kids - I think descended from L. Faba and a Sim of mine from the Gallery - who had the Weak Bloodline, and the Charm genetics are so strong, their offspring got an Ancient Bloodline.

My first Strong Bloodline caster is still a Child, though I am prepping a love-interest for his Teen years.

One can prep Bloodline for a save, in advance, by speed-playing through a few generations for the level you want, but it is a feature of actual in-game births, not of CAS or creating offspring/parents in CAS.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    When I started a new game, I removed the bloodline trait from my active sim. She still has her ghost family around but not that trait.

That trait let me rank up the caster levels and learned every spell and potion in just a few short hours. It was too powerful. I could see it being useful for a sim many generations down the line when doing all that stuff is no longer interesting. But for a sim you want to actively play it kinda kills the fun.