The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Grocery Store Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Bleh. Booooring.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No. Add something to the retail system that is a storage item that you can buy ingredients from, that looks like a veg stall. You can sell vegetables in the cooler thing already, it really just doesn't feel like grocery shopping because it looks like a fridge, but the option is there. MFPS was considered DLC for DLC, this would be the same only with a $20 price instead of $10.

My sims tend to be growing their own food or catching fish but I still don't think everyone should get going grocery shopping forced on them in their game. Choices are good.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    We kind of already have this with GTW, so I think if they did add them in, it would have to be included in with some other theme. Possibly farming? I'd play with it though whenever or however it's added. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Justine Keaton
    It annoyed me having to go shopping before, especially for clothes in Sims 2- I like the click on fridge option more.

But Justine ftw :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Absolutely not. Please. No.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,723 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I would have liked to tick multiple options here, why do you make the answers so hard to choose between? ;)

Seriously, I don't miss the grocery store from TS2. It was fun to run as the store owner, and much better than TS4 retail, but I play too many households to waste their time going shopping. Besides, in TS4 we would probably not even get the legendary grocery basket. I really miss the retail bags carried by sims lining up in a cash register queue :)

I'd rather see a detailed market square, because it would be easier to use for other purposes, such as a location for stories and videos. A market would also include other products than a grocery store would, and we could make different kinds based on what they offer.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    Yes
    I chose YES but I wouldn't want it in it's own pack, but to be part of a pack, I'm all for it. I used to like to take my sims to the stores to clothes shop off the racks, but there's a grocery store mod out there, so it's not too high on my wishlist.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,920 Member
    Yes
    Not just grocery stores. I would like the Pet shop back with options to buy birds, hamsters, fish etc as we could do in previous games. We could just get rid of one of those 3 stores in Magnolia Promenade to put them in.

Plus the option to actually be the owner and greet and serve customers first hand.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Not really. We can already build stores to buy/sell food with Get to Work. You can also set up sales tables in a community space in Eco Living and essentially create a whole farmer's market. I just don't see what a Grocery Store pack would add that's actually new (I guess aside from a "put this in my basket" animation) and not just more of the same with different labels.

I've got nothing against people cheering for it; just don't know if I would personally would buy it.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Ugh. No. Which probably means it will happen.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    Thanks to [Edit - EA_Barry] the brick and mortar stores are almost dead. More people are ordering there groceries online and getting them delivered. Since everything has gone to pot my wife and I have had our groceries delivered. The Sims online shopping needs a major upgrade.
    Post edited by EA_Barry on
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Building grocery stores sounds like fun, but a whole game pack just for that? not impressed. I was ok with resturants having their own pack but grocery stores sounds too similar to retail so probably doesnt warrant its own one.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member
    Yes
    Not really. We can already build stores to buy/sell food with Get to Work. You can also set up sales tables in a community space in Eco Living and essentially create a whole farmer's market. I just don't see what a Grocery Store pack would add that's actually new (I guess aside from a "put this in my basket" animation) and not just more of the same with different labels.

I've got nothing against people cheering for it; just don't know if I would personally would buy it.

Shopping from those Eco lifestyle sales tables can be so difficult because sometimes there's produce on display but the owner does something else and the option to buy it's not available. Same thing with the food stands, they are never open when you need them and sometimes they have what you need, sometimes they don't. A grocery store would solve so many issues, and we could also order stuff online. We can already buy some things online like apples and potatoes and the seed packets but it would be good to have a dedicated shop just for food stuff, vegetables, fruits, fish, herbs, meat cubes, etc. I don't want all my sims to do gardening or fish just so they could get the ingredients for certain foods.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    If it adds more realism to the game then sure. I think the pack would need to include more than just a grocery store though.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    I'd love to have grocery stores, but a game pack is too big for just grocery stores. I think they should be a part of some expansion pack.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    Wouldn't mind it as base game as S2 had it relatively simple. I do like the idea still of sims being able to run out of food and having to either go buy it themselves or just order by phone. No need for it to be a pack.

And it could also work in a retail setting for GTW as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I'm not that thrilled with the idea of a grocery store, but I really would like to have some sort of farmer's market where Sims could buy fresh produce or sell their own homegrown fruits and vegetables. Something like the market that came with Monte Vista in the Sims 3 Store, for example.

GIq3K18.jpg

Add market carts that would work similar to the flea market tables, but just for gardening produce (could maybe be used for flowers as well, especially with all the new flowers in Seasons).

If we did have grocery stores, I'd like the option of being able to order the groceries and have them delivered -- I think Sims 2 had that? So if your Sim doesn't have time to go to the actual grocery store, they and their families wouldn't starve.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Where's the no option?
    Thanks to the Chinese virus the brick and mortar stores are almost dead. More people are ordering there groceries online and getting them delivered. Since everything has gone to pot my wife and I have had our groceries delivered. The Sims online shopping needs a major upgrade.

I've got a small grocery order coming this afternoon in fact. :) Delivery was increasingly A Thing even before COVID. I could get behind a patch allowing Sims to order groceries by clicking on the fridge and ordering the ingredients (some smart refrigerators have that option -- they're connected to the Internet so you just surf to your favorite market) then they show up in a basket a few Sim hours later.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Forcing me to travel to another lot and another loading screen every time I want to buy groceries? Why?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Um, just no.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member
    Yes
    logion wrote: »
    Forcing me to travel to another lot and another loading screen every time I want to buy groceries? Why?

I would very much prefer to travel to one place and get all the shopping done instead of going to five places in the chance I find the one stall open to buy what I need. Or even better, make it available online too, so no travelling is required. I needed some fish for fish pie some time ago and travelled to Brindleton Bay pier only to find that the fish stand was closed and had to wait for the NPC to close the pet treats stand and move her behind to the fish stand.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited December 2020
    It should be added through patch not a pack lol
  • Options
    Where's the no option?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

I would very much prefer to travel to one place and get all the shopping done instead of going to five places in the chance I find the one stall open to buy what I need. Or even better, make it available online too, so no travelling is required. I needed some fish for fish pie some time ago and travelled to Brindleton Bay pier only to find that the fish stand was closed and had to wait for the NPC to close the pet treats stand and move her behind to the fish stand.

I need to spend more time in BB -- have yet to visit either of those stands.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Im not paying for a game pack to buy groceries.. That should already be a function in the game.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,773 Member
    Justine Keaton
    To be clear, I don't want to be required to go to a grocery store. I just think it would be nice to have a backyard farming type pack with more harvestables and craftables, and then improved retail displays for them. Then you could build grocery stores where your city sims could go and buy fresh ingredients to make their food cheaper, which could accommodate a little of the crowd who want to have to shop for groceries (if they don't grow their own). If you own GTW you could also use the new items to own your own.

I'm thinking displays that look more like the ones in Sims 2, with baskets or bins of fresh vegetables that look appetizing. If you own the store they could get sparser as your customers buy from them until they are restocked. They should come in a minimum of two types - grocery style and farmer's market style. And there should be types that accommodate every type of harvestable or craftable food or hygiene item. Shelves that hold bottles of honey/herbalism mixtures/potions/etc, bins that hold vegetables/fruits/herbs, refrigerator cases for eggs and milk (since I want those in the same pack), etc. If you're building a store, the different options for what goes on the shelves/bins/etc could be different swatches, so you could decide what your sims have as options to buy.

Make it a market lot type that can be a store or an outdoor market, but always involves at least some food. That's what I'd like, anyway. Some would say it was DLC for DLC, but if the alternative is never seeing any development of an idea that wasn't fully fleshed out in the original pack, I'll take it. Actually while they're adding a new retail type, maybe this would be a good time to introduce multi-use lots as well. Those are really missing right now.