Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4.5 - What would you like to see? (Interview with Graham)

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Speculation from various online sources indicate that TS5 will be out in 2021, but nothing has been confirmed yet
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    Could it be that EA has actually decided not to make a 5th edition of this game? Perhaps they see that the major difference would be tech specs, and not the content?

I like TS4 and I think the way it's structured allows for endless additions, because we never load more than a limited amount of the game content. The critical issue in my case - and I'm on an old low-end computer, is that I must avoid to fill up my harddrive because that is the biggest reason for game lagging. I'm still happily surprised when finding that adding a new pack doesn't impact much negatively on game performance (drop of fps I learned to accept years ago, but it's hardly got worse over the past 4 years and 10 added packs + loads of CC.

Of course, it all depends on what direction the team chooses. If they also improve on what we already got, I'll be glad. This was actually a major section in one of the past surveys. I'm eager to see both improved personalities and AI/awareness. And of course a new world, but I don't need a new world and 10 new dining chairs in every pack.

I think it's more a case of them seeing that they keep selling more and more each year with a player base that is just growing and growing and they don't want to stop right now. If they keep going with the sims4 that means that a lot of players will not be phased out compared to a sims5 that will require better hardware.

The downside with that will be reduced performance and limited amount of content that they can make though. Their minimum system requirements lists a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU and a GPU with 128 MB of Video RAM. That's limiting them a lot in what they can do with for example the sims autonomy, the size of the worlds etc.

I think we could maybe see added content that improves personalities and AI awareness (within the game's limits) like we saw with lifestyles with snowy escape and sentiments. But not without them keep making the same packs with dining chairs, vacation worlds etc for several more years with those limitations in place. And those limitations are going to make people not having to upgrade, increase their player base and their sales, but also not improve the game very much.
  • Options
    ZenSimbuildsZenSimbuilds Posts: 29 Member
    Sims 4 has its share of unhappy players. But there are a lot of people that like the game and want more content too. I saw 95% positive feedback for Snowy Escape. Me personally, i dont care what else they bring, as long as its good. I would like to see sims 4 continue to thrive . And if they can make greater improvements to the base game, thats great!
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited November 2020
    lexibee wrote: »
    Did reading that article make anyone else just a little bit frustrated or was it just me? Them talking about how "large, expansive and groundbreaking" snowy escape is feels like a joke to me. "Lifestyles and sentiments are dramatic changes to the life simulation portion of The Sims 4" they really aren't though. They're definitely a step in the right direction but they're still mainly just emotion buffs.

If they really don't want to move onto TS5 then the emotion system Needs an overhaul. Traits need help too because I'd like them to do more than just give my sims emotion buffs and vaguely influence a few actions (like taking a book out of the shelf just to put it down and grab another one 🙄). There also just aren't enough traits even 6 years in it's kind of pathetic. We don't even get new ones added to the base game we have to buy them. Better aspirations would also be nice I'm tired of all the tutorial ones we get now.

I also miss whims. I didn't like them as much as TS2's wants/fear system but it was better than nothing. I had to turn my whims off because the amount of times they would be to buy some object that they usually already owned was driving me up the wall. But since they turned off whims automatically now I doubt we're ever getting that system back...

I would also like to see open neighborhoods. I feel like it's a nice middle ground between closed and open worlds. I'd like to be able to visit neighbors or the local cafe without having to go through a loading screen. You don't even have to load all of the buildings interiors at once. Just make it so a sim can go over and knock on the door to load the interior like they already do just remove having to travel to do it. And maybe it could even be toggled so lower end PC players can have an option.

I used to be sternly in the camp of "no sims 5 until the sims 4 actually feels like a real entry into the series" but I've come to accept that the engine they used and the quick assembly of the game after being forced to scrap the online version has severely hindered this game to a point where I'm not sure how much it can be salvaged and improved. Plus it's 6 years old. And they think that there's endless possibilities for expansion?? Where? I just don't see it. Especially since the team keeps complaining about all the things we want that they can't do because it's "hard".... Even after the switch from 32 to 64 bit the neighborhoods continue to shrink in size "for performance". I doubt we'll ever see another neighborhood as large as Windenburg and that really sucks. Or if we do we'll only have 10 lots surrounded by fake buildings you can't interact with 🙄

I want this game to be good so badly, and if it was treated with the love and respect that TS2 had it could be that good! It's not necessarily a Bad game but it is severely disappointing when we know what could be done in older iterations, and how the new and better tech we have today could allow those older, kind of bugged systems to work so much better! But unfortunately this just feels like "Cut Corners: The Game" sold at full price and being forced to live longer just because it's being milked as a cash cow and not because it actually has the room to grow... As someone who's been playing since TS1 I'm just so disappointed in where the sims is now and I'm just hoping Paralives can offer SOME kind of competition...

I agree with everything you say. A first step would definitely be to re-introduce whims but for example with red and green clouds (negative and positive whims, like wants and fears) - and to update them with all the DLC. But then again, the engine is old. I'm looking forward to more improvements to TS4, but I really hope that what they have in store for us justifies the decision to stretch TS4 out for this long. Sometimes I get frustrated because the game doesn't perform as well as it used to (low fps, regardless of the small playable regions). I hope they find a solution for that in the near future.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I need real babies, like past iterations

I want to have to buy clothes and accessories. I don’t like having set outfits, I want to be able to create outfits from a dresser ( that have been bought ), be able to buy pieces of jewelry, hats etc. and be able to mix and match them any way. I want to be able to buy any oiecs of clothes off of a rack, buy jewelry from a jewelry counter or rack,

I need children to be able to play with each other without toys, Play tag, cops and robbers, etc. with each other,

I need more games for children, board games, things like hopscotch, and family volley ball, with several participants.

I need to see cars! I want my sims to be able to work on them, see drivers ed for teens, woohoo and fooling around in cars, listening to music in cars, being able to sell cars, wash cars, own a gas station/ repair shop.

I need a color wheel for clothes snd furniture.

I need likes and dislikes, horoscope, better memory system, for each individualized person

I need to see more lots per world, at least like Windenburg.

I need to see Hotels, resorts, that we can build

I need to see apartments we can build.

I need to be able to see lot types combined ( 3 log types in 1 lot ). Example: in one lot, retail, restaurant, food vendors ( that are already opened.)

That’s a good start....
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @SheriSim57 I strongly believe we are definitely getting the cars, babies and better gameplay for children! Hotels were on a survey too so that's a big possibility.🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I read the interview. I need the core game fixed before anymore new is implemented. I basically have given up on them ever doing that. It is very telling when mods are REQUIRED to fix core issues with a game. Sims 4 is the only game I have ever required mods to even enjoy playing the game and I play very mundane games like Story of Seasons.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I think that they should find a way for us 32bit gamers to carry on playing sims4, I noticed that legacy now requires me to have 64bit machine, which has led to game not launching. I tried all suggextions, comments and have not succeeded and have gone back to playing Sims3 and 2. If they were to have more content on Sims4 I think I'd wait till Sims5 came out.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    The Sims 4 is my favourite one from the franchise, so naturally I would prefer that they focus on updating and fixing the game, as well as bringing out content that the community wants to see more of, instead of just moving on to the Sims 5.

Here's what I hope to see:
    • Better and larger worlds
    • More hair and eye colours with additional sliders
    • Updated base game hair and clothing meshes/textures
    • More occults
    • Regular updates for sentiments
    • More traits and aspirations
    • More active careers
    • Improved social interactions (especially romance)
    • Improved weddings and dates, and an attraction system
    • The option to turn vacation worlds into residential worlds
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Yeah, the only thing i would like to see are actual FIXES and no more content please. Its getting annoying already.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2020
    They need to fix whims and make them a lot more significant, like the wants and turnoffs of Sims 2. And they say they are adding depth, yet gate lifestyles and some non Snowy Escape related sentiments behind the new expansion. Lifestyles and sentiments are the first steps they've taken to deeping gameplay and having half if it gated off is a bad sign.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    Yes, I agree they need to upgrade the game as much as I wish they would move onto the sims 5. They need to fix what they started with this game because it is Impossible to enjoy this game.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    As long as it doesn't require a new PC. I'm not rich, I only have Windows 10 with the current tech stuff.
    It probably will. As more and more packs are added, the more memory it takes and the higher the graphic requirement will be over time. Doesn't matter if the Sims 4 stays the Sims 4, games progress with time and that includes with tech too. They really should start putting recommended specs for all packs by now. I just purchased a SSD for my computer with Black Friday to keep up with gaming to stretch my memory a bit further until I upgrade a graphics card again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    As long as it doesn't require a new PC. I'm not rich, I only have Windows 10 with the current tech stuff.
    It probably will. As more and more packs are added, the more memory it takes and the higher the graphic requirement will be over time. Doesn't matter if the Sims 4 stays the Sims 4, games progress with time and that includes with tech too. They really should start putting recommended specs for all packs by now. I just purchased a SSD for my computer with Black Friday to keep up with gaming to stretch my memory a bit further until I upgrade a graphics card again.

And therein lies a dilemma for many Simmers--are they willing to accept the graphics as they are now and keep their current computers, or are they willing to upgrade in exchange for more current graphics? I'm willing to upgrade, but some cannot afford to do so, and I understand their reservations. There's also the business side to consider--if the Sims team raises the graphics requirements in future versions, they will lose a significant amount of their fanbase....yet they can't really evolve if they don't. Translation; it's a slippery slope
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2020
    Scobre wrote: »

And therein lies a dilemma for many Simmers--are they willing to accept the graphics as they are now and keep their current computers, or are they willing to upgrade in exchange for more current graphics? I'm willing to upgrade, but some cannot afford to do so, and I understand their reservations. There's also the business side to consider--if the Sims team raises the graphics requirements in future versions, they will lose a significant amount of their fanbase....yet they can't really evolve if they don't. Translation; it's a slippery slope
    Less so than in previous years. They really need to bring back side games for laptop friendly games again like they had for the Life Stories series and the Sims Medieval that both the Sims 2 and 3 had. I don't think they should hold back in graphics either and honestly with Sims game being on console now being the same game, might be a better option to buy the console version over the PC version because at least it is cheaper to upgrade memory for those and memory is more standard for those systems too over the PC which varies a lot. Why I begged for consoles because I knew as more and more packs came out, it would start hitting those PCs that probably haven't been upgraded since the Sims 2 iteration. Plus there are two mobile versions of the Sims now too, so more options now for the Sims than when I started with the Sims 1, we had nothing besides PC version.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    -Open Neighborhoods, not full on open world but allowing us to travel between lots in the same hood without a loading screen would make exploring the hood more enjoyably.

This A THOUSAND PERCENT! Its infuriating that my sim walks over to the park right beside their house and there's a loading screen!

• Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2020
    So... who of us has ever been in a relationship that did last for seven years?

Do you still remember your first anniversary, when everything was fresh and you still wanted to know more about your partner?

Do you remember your third, when you decided to spice things up a litte (you went and bought some DLC) to keep things interesting?

Do you remember last year's anniversary, when you didn't celebrate at all but went to bed early? You just lay there in the dark, watching the person beside you sleep, and without any hate you suddenly wondered if their head would bloat if you lock them in a 1x1 room with a 1x1 pool.

What I want to say is...

I really love you, TS4. We've had wonderful times, you gave me so much. But it's been seven years! I mean, we both tried, didn't we? But there are things that will probably never change (I'm talking about you, color wheel).

Seriously, it's not you, it's me. But why not bring this to an end while it's still a good thing? Why not go seperate ways before we start to annoy the hell out of each other? And, yeah, I've seen others in the meantime. And, without wanting to be rude, I can't wait for your younger sibling to hit the market.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    And, without wanting to be rude, I can't wait for your younger sibling to hit the market.
    :# Gross. Why make a relationship analogy and then say that? :# That makes the customers seem to be the problem as most people will always want to play a newer and improved version of a game.

Sims 4 is the most successful Sims iteration. A lot of people, like me, still like it, despite it flaws. It's wise for them to continue developing it.

We know nothing about Sims 5. It probably won't start out great, though, because EA likes to release each bit separately and charge for every little add on.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2020
    Keep milking that cash cow, EA.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I want to add some simple things to do to the wishlist.

1. More swatches. No color wheel, just more recolors to the furnitures. Currently a lot of items are unusable because of lack of matching swatches, textures or just because of several weird swatches as base game brown-pink counters for example.

2. Bigger worlds. Every neighborhood is separated, so we can have more of them per map.

3. More lots per neighborhood. Every lot has loading screen before visiting so I see no problem to add more than 4 or 5 per playable area.

4. Open neighborhoods. Ok. Maybe it is harder to do but I really doubt that it is impossible.

5. Possibility to build own functional apartments.

6. Possibility to build multifunctional lots as in previous games.

7. More carieers and harder way to get promotion. Sorry but it is boring to have only reach sims.

8. More basic objects like kettles or European style windows.