Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets still not sleeping!

My dog still wont sleep. He only sleeps when my sim is home and passes out on small walks (he is a small breed) due to exhaustion. When my sim sleeps the dog gets on his pet bed, curls up to go to sleep but then bounds off his bed to play Sarah in Paranormal Activity (stand there swaying back and forth for hours)! EA/Maxis, please fix this.
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Do you have household needs decay disabled when this happens?
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Is this even possible on console?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    _natalie wrote: »
    Is this even possible on console?
    Yes, it is possible to shut those needs decay off and turn them back on again. What you do is open the cheat window by pressing all 4 bumper buttons at the same time. Then in the cheat window which will appear in the upper left corner of your screen, you type in this [ testingcheats true ]. Then you'll get a message stating that all achievements will disabled if you activate the cheats. You activate the cheat command. Then you click on your sim's mail box by pressing the A and B buttons at the same time if you are playing on the Xbox. If you are playing on the PS4, you'll need to press the X and O buttons at the same time on the controller. Then you'll see a pie wheel in the middle of your screen. In this pie wheel will be entry for needs. Click on that and this will open a sub wheel. In this sub wheel, you can either disable the needs decay for your entire household or the entire world if you like.
  • Options
    No, I don't have needs decay disabled.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    So no, needs decay was not disabled when this issue happened, correct?
  • Options
    Correct.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    At this point, you'll need to go to EA.com/help with this game issue.
  • Options
    Already did. Link.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    You do know that the link you posted says PC, and this is console discussion?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @bela4 It says [ CD ] which is an abbreviation for the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack. The bug report is for all platforms.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    @bela4 It says [ CD ] which is an abbreviation for the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack. The bug report is for all platforms.

Thanks for the info. I did not know they did not differentiate between console and PC issues for the bug reports.
  • Options
    bela4 wrote: »

Thanks for the info. I did not know they did not differentiate between console and PC issues for the bug reports.
    They don't because it's easier for them to read all the bug reports if they are all in one location. Otherwise, they would be spending longer than they really need to in order to find and read all of the bug reports.