Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What makes you happy?

ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
The year hasn't got off to a great start. Coronavirus, tragic deaths, floods and social media trends that shouldn't exist.

This thread is here to counter that. What makes you feel happy?

The things that make me happy would be drumming, gaming, listening to music and playing with my sister's cat, Willow.
e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
Let those smiles spread!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,642 Member
    My fav bands and band members. And kittens.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Writing, reading and the sims put me in special happy place. I'm a thousand words in on my fantasy novel I want to publish on wattpad when I'm finished. Though I've been severely neglecting it for sims 3 and 4 😖😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    My friends, and spiders. When I had cobweb spiders they always made me smile when I got up in the morning. They are so innocent and cute. I think I still have a female one somewhe, but she has moved from her old web. I fed her in January, so she should be good for a couple of months.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited March 2020
    Lovely question!

A super soft, warm, and fluffy duvet;

A laptop that can run Sims 4 on ultra mode;

A G.A.T. Italian moka pot for great espresso at home;

Good books to read and good games to play,

And my hubs.

Forgot to add, a good chef's knife and whetstone and steel because believe it or not, I take a lot of pleasure both in sharpening and using a very sharp knife.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Another few things that make me feel happy.

Quiet days, when no one's in the house. (Probably not going to happen with that RNA virus about.)

Anime.

Pizza.
    Chocolate.
    Cake.
    Ice Cream.

Walks. Alone.

My hens, Tosca, Sadie and Prudence. (Sadie's quite the character, and Tosca is the oldest. Prudence is, well, prudent!)
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Another few things that make me feel happy.

Quiet days, when no one's in the house. (Probably not going to happen with that RNA virus about.)

Anime.

Pizza.
    Chocolate.
    Cake.
    Ice Cream.

Walks. Alone.

My hens, Tosca, Sadie and Prudence. (Sadie's quite the character, and Tosca is the oldest. Prudence is, well, prudent!)

Pizza,ice cream,cake....... you just hit all of my weak spots 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Have two more!

Seeing a new video from my favourite youtubers.

Trains, specifically steam locomotives (although there are some pretty cool diesel and electric locomotives).
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Right now, in self-imposed isolation/staying home, what makes me happiest is lotsa computer time,

A book I gotta finish because it's due tomorrow

Humpty Dumpty All Dressed chips

Dark chocolate (not at the same time as the chips)

this forum

and good music.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    The fact that if I howl, my puppy howls with me. He also high fives.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    I enjoy achieving goals and I like being productive. Having somewhat of a strict schedule and abiding to it helps with both of the above. When I'm not doing either of those things, I enjoy good, long books (history, historical fiction usually) and some coffee out of my Scandinavian coffee maker.

It's very specific, but hey, to each her own! :)
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    So many things.

I love iced coffee. I'm a Starbucks nut. Getting to read new volumes of a manga I'm into also makes me excited. Lastly, school makes me happy, because being stimulated is far better than sitting at home. :)
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Animals
    Nature
    Music
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,761 Member
    My family,
    Bright colours,
    Watching comedies,
    Chocolate,
    Seeing something I don't normally come across (e.g. finding a beetle on a walk or looking at things people have created, simple stuff 🙂)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So many things.

I love iced coffee. I'm a Starbucks nut. Getting to read new volumes of a manga I'm into also makes me excited. Lastly, school makes me happy, because being stimulated is far better than sitting at home. :)

Hoping you find ways to be stimulated at home also. Anything you read or study at school, you can, if you like, read or study at home, and you can dive as deeply as you want into it, if that's any consolation. The only limit is your imagination. What would you import to home if you could, that you liked about school?

ETA a few things making me happy right now: warm duvet comforter (already mentioned that before though)

And the chance to snuggle a lot more, think my own thoughts a lot more, read and muse and study a lot more.
    That makes me happy right now.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    Music, Music, Music, and my dog lol
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    My cat mostly. He's hilarious when he gets into his playful mood.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So many things.

Hoping you find ways to be stimulated at home also. Anything you read or study at school, you can, if you like, read or study at home, and you can dive as deeply as you want into it, if that's any consolation. The only limit is your imagination. What would you import to home if you could, that you liked about school?
    ETA a few things making me happy right now: warm duvet comforter (already mentioned that before though)

And the chance to snuggle a lot more, think my own thoughts a lot more, read and muse and study a lot more.

Getting to socialize with others is what makes me most excited for school. :)

At home, I like to draw and write. I'm even working on a graphic novel!
  • Options
    What's making me happy is looking forward to the day my gaming laptop arrives!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So many things.

Getting to socialize with others is what makes me most excited for school. :)

At home, I like to draw and write. I'm even working on a graphic novel!

Discord server, maybe? Just an idea for social options.

Oddly enough, quarantine makes me happy.
    It hasn't been a strain on my marriage: we don't suffer from the "little annoyances" people report drive them crazy...we both slurp our hot beverages, both paddle our feet in bed.
    And I haven't tired of more computer time, more reading time, more thinking and musing time, more deep-listening-to-music time.
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I decided to quit social media/Discord in October of last year, so I no longer keep in touch with them that way. Fortunately, I still text. :)

Not sure yet. Ideally, I'd love to publish it someday [though I'm only 20, so I suppose that'll have to wait a few :D ) I'm considering something like Webtoons/Taptastic once it's finished.
    It's been in the planning stages for a while, but I'm slowly gaining the confidence to push out of my comfort zone and take it further.

I'd have to say thinking about/working on it makes me the happiest right now. :smiley:
  • Options
    @thesimmer14 why does being 20 mean you have to wait to publish? Webtoons is where I get my fix, including a supernatural Sims-based comic called "Crossings".

Right now Spotify makes me happy because I can listen to "Your Daily Drive" at home on the bluetooth speaker while doing mindless chores, and hear a mix of news along with music I like, and it makes me feel more connected to things.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    AuroraStormAuroraStorm Posts: 89 Member
    Music. Just putting on some music and turning off for a bit is the only reason I'm still sane.
    hawkins-banner.png
  • Options
    CIariteaCIaritea Posts: 48 Member
    Synchronicity, dreams of where I spend time with loved ones who have passed on, dancing, music that really touches my soul, my cat
  • Options
    Three more things that make me happy:

Heart UK.
    Animal Crossing New Horizons.
    And a smiling Princess Peach as my laptop's background. It's a particularly nice background.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    This,

3s71t6Lh.jpg

made with this:

tFbYIrHh.jpg

xicwqMCm.jpg