The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DU: Aging on?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,711 Member
    I always play with aging off, DU or not. I play with 14 days per season, so after a full year of 56 days, I turn aging on for one night only to age up everyone once per year. This normally happens on New Year's Eve :)

When starting Uni, I pondered a lot about getting it to match my game play time wise. I ended up seeing each term as a year (fall-winter-spring). So if a student is on Campus for 4 years, s/he will age 4 years. This means I'll play students for only 1 term (1 week) every rotation, and I need to play them as one bulk to keep controlling their work. I plan playing only one university household, but I can of course play several if I want.

And right now I play older existing sims who I want to have a graduation from their past. It's fun going back in their time, setting them as YA and graduate them. They already have skills, so I think their studies are a bit easier than it will be with future fresh YAs. When I'm done with these groups, I think I will be ready for a break from student life, and 1 week per year will be fine.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    In Sims3, I give my main characters the age freeze potion and enable aging. They can have as many kids as they want, and outlive everybody around them. Best of both worlds. I wish Sims 4 would add this, pretty useful. Then again, I think you can disable aging in your family, but I wish I can disable aging for particular sims I do not control, and the age freeze potion from sims 3 does just that! :smile:
  • Options
    IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    I didn't turn off aging. I play on long lifespan though. And I have turned off aging of families I don't play. So only my active family ages. I guess do as it best fits your gameplay.
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter