Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2019
    @churchsimmer @LauraBlackstones Unless Maxis puts a fix out, creators will need to manually remake those CC items to reduce the number of slots. It's not all CC with custom slots, though, is my understanding at this point. It seems to depend on the number or density of slots.

Broken CC
    • also affected by the too-many-slots issue: counters, other custom-slot CC

Updated Mods
    NOTE FOR LEGACY PLAYERS
    This is the start of mods not all be compatible for you. I will try to note this when I can, but this is the first I've heard of:
    • CC Wrench Icon Override (Schram92) - not Legacy-compatible
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Updated
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    Man, not counters too... This stupid update is forcing me to do the mother of all CC purges and honestly I am NOT here for it... Can somebody else confirm about the counters?? I really don't want to get rid of the CC counters, they're literally the only good ones. I never use the ones from EA, they're just so blocky and... ugly.[/quote]

CC counters were mentioned on Deaderpool's Discord yesterday.

• Options
    Updated
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Updated CC
    • OMSP Shelf (picture amoeba) - Fixed by reducing from 200 slots to 130
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    rjhenn14 wrote: »
    Have we heard anything on MCCC yet? It’s the only one I really can’t live without lol

It's been updated twice :) See p. 1.

@MissyHissy Thanks! She was sure enough the day of release that I listed it then.
  • Options
    EffyNicoleEffyNicole Posts: 2 New Member
    So I'm having a pretty tough time here trying to get this game to work. I load up the game on origin, everything's fine, the title screen shows up and then the screen with the tips... then it turns black and I can only see the gallery icon in the upper right hand corner. Any ideas what mod(s) could be doing this in particular? I scanned my mods folder through the Mod Conflict Detector and there's only duplicates now which I don't think would cause the game to act up like this.
  • Options
    Another one!

Updated CC
  • Options
    EffyNicole wrote: »
    So I'm having a pretty tough time here trying to get this game to work. I load up the game on origin, everything's fine, the title screen shows up and then the screen with the tips... then it turns black and I can only see the gallery icon in the upper right hand corner. Any ideas what mod(s) could be doing this in particular? I scanned my mods folder through the Mod Conflict Detector and there's only duplicates now which I don't think would cause the game to act up like this.

Go through everything listed on p. 1 - broken mods, updated mods, reported-fine mods, broken CC, updated CC. If you have any 18+ (NSFW) mods, those won't be listed here and you'll need to go elsewhere for info on them. After that, if you're still having problems, it's down to something not yet reported. The first post has a link to the 50-50 method to find the culprit(s).
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    something in my mods folder is preventing roomates my sim lives alone in a 4 bed uni house
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Does anyone know if custom holiday traditions are still working? I've got a small handful and I've noticed the 'Prank Day' holiday was due on the calendar but then the day rolled around, it didn't happen so I wondered if they might have something to do with it?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    EffyNicoleEffyNicole Posts: 2 New Member
    Found the mod that was making my game all messed up! Teanmoon's Darker Loading Screens!
  • Options
    i took out mods folder and some roomates came so is one mod doing it
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    According to an user in XML Injector's page, Mod Conflict Detector says it's not compatible with the latest patch.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    123Caitluck123Caitluck Posts: 5 New Member
    Luumia's Height Slider is broken too

Also many furniture are broken too :(
    I really hate this patch....
  • Options
    YonzieYonzie Posts: 29 Member
    > @Emmy_Sims said:
    > According to an user in XML Injector's page, Mod Conflict Detector says it's not compatible with the latest patch.

i just tried the toddler sickness mod which uses scumbos xml injector and it gave the toddler a stomach ache just like I asked
  • Options
    theclevernuggettheclevernugget Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Yonzie said:
    > > @Emmy_Sims said:
    > > According to an user in XML Injector's page, Mod Conflict Detector says it's not compatible with the latest patch.
    >
    > i just tried the toddler sickness mod which uses scumbos xml injector and it gave the toddler a stomach ache just like I asked
    >
    >

Which version of Mod Conflict Detector do you use? (I have no idea which one is the latest one)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    bandit5 wrote: »
    something in my mods folder is preventing roomates my sim lives alone in a 4 bed uni house

Paulson's NPC mod currently prevents roommates from showing up @bandit5 .

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    oh ok thanks is it the latest one the npc mod that is broken is new version out that just got posted
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2019
    Does anyone know if the Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod is compatible?
    Post edited by aelias24 on
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited November 2019
    well i have university now ( Im from australia) and everything seems fine with the mods and CC i have installed i did a big cull of CC and mods
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Selectable Pets seems to be working fine for me and I have a metric ton of other mods and CC. I've only played with it for like 10 minutes but I'm not having issues controlling my pets.
  • Options
    WeiriaWeiria Posts: 6 New Member
    @luthienrising said:
    Yeah I did thank you :)

My CC counters seem to be working fine, so do my CC tables, shelves and beds. (Most come from Peacemaker)
    A couple of things I noticed when I was testing Build&Buy:
    "Peacemaker's Hamptons Getaway" - Single shower causes an LE when I try to place it down (but deducts money).
    About slots that make the game crash: However many slots "Peacemaker's Myra Living - Low Lying Bookcase" has doesn't break the game, but however many slots "Peacemaker's Vara Office Bookcase" and "Peacemaker's Futura Living Slant Bookcase" have DO make the game crash.
    I know this is not useful to players but might be useful to modders.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    According to an user in XML Injector's page, Mod Conflict Detector says it's not compatible with the latest patch.

I have problems with that one, too. A mod that depends on it have stopped working (Sell to market), as has the mailbox test. I'm using the updated version from page 4 of the comments section - is that the latest version or do I need another one?