The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Livestream Nov 8th!!!!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope they don't start in CAS. Gamechangers always start in CAS. Boring. Jump into gameplay and show me everything. I don't buy EPs or GPs for CAS, they are supposed to be game changing features.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I hope they don't start in CAS. Gamechangers always start in CAS. Boring. Jump into gameplay and show me everything. I don't buy EPs or GPs for CAS, they are supposed to be game chaning features.
    Well frost mentioned CAS in his tweet, it’s a safe bet they will start there.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I totally understand what people are saying about the lack of info being disturbing. I'm hoping it is just a new marketing ploy that isn't working.
    Can hardly wait until Friday's livestream, and release a week later. Nevertheless, the silence is deafening and the suspense is not the good kind right now.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’m excited for the livestream the lack of knowledge has been disturbing and disappointing so far. I hope they will be answering a lot of the burning questions that have been floating around.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    All I care about is gameplay. I don't get why they don't just skip CAS and buy/build and let us discover that on our own.

Especially CAS. Pretty sure we've seen most of it in the trailer with the exception of a few piercings and more tattoos. Cool but big deal. Gameplay is more important.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    I hope they don't start in CAS. Gamechangers always start in CAS. Boring. Jump into gameplay and show me everything. I don't buy EPs or GPs for CAS, they are supposed to be game chaning features.

Leave that to gamechangers. These are the gurus, show off the animations and coding and leave set dressing to the gamechangers or you risk losing half the audience in the first five minutes. No one sticks around if you start off with the boring, set dressing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Yeah, I would rather go over the CAS in detail with the game changers. I follow them because I like to discover things with them, it gets a little bit boring if it is the same thing again.

I would rather see more of the gameplay and the things that the developers are experts on.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm interested in build/buy, CAS, and game play! Bring it all on! I can't wait!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,325 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm usually not interested in CAS but I really like the few outfits we've seen so far so I wouldn't mind a detailed review of CAS. Plus I doubt the GameChangers will have any reviews up by then as they have to wait for the patch. Which probably won't be released until the week after the livestream. Those not interested in CAS and Build/Buy can simply tune in later. Or the last 15 minutes for those who think that's how much gameplay we're getting.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    It's 5 days not 6 my bad. If they say their going to speed thru CAS but I'm hoping to see all the peircings including the ones not shown.

Gameplay wise I want to see the keg in action,pong,bikes and shower woohoo.
  • Options

Leave that to gamechangers. These are the gurus, show off the animations and coding and leave set dressing to the gamechangers or you risk losing half the audience in the first five minutes. No one sticks around if you start off with the boring, set dressing.
    Regardless, they decide how they start it. Some gamechangers don’t like to spend time in CAS either and go for gameplay
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    What I want to see is how going to university changes the entire core of the game. If it doesn't then it's just another GP and not broadening out the core game. What I want to see is how many of the 'new' careers will there be? Or are they going to make a degree for preexisting careers and waste players' time by going to university when they can just go ahead and get that job without attending college? How many new aspirations for every new career and degree? How much of an EP is this really or is it more set dressing? Dorms, why can't we build our own dorm buildings? These are deep questions than concern me about gameplay. Will there be a new door (no?) I can use to build my own duplexes and condos etc. and expand my imagination with it (multi family housing) or is it just going to be a room I decorate...boring.
    How far does it go with molding the Sim so they find out going to college is more helpful than time filler?
    Will the Sim have to pay back a student loan? Why not? Why didn't they think of that? or did they? These things should be in an EP not just some new clothes. aka two new careers isn't going to cut it with me not when older games had several (more than a handful) of new aspirations, careers and wants/wishes. We already know no new death. Expansions should expand, thumbs down on leaving out any new deaths.
  • Options
    I'm hoping they show how you enroll in Uni,graduation and how the world will work along with the resident students and of course I want to see buy and build stuff. I hope the gurus are reading this thread.
  • Options
    SimguruMorgan teased there pretty much is a new death during the announcement week. Someone asked if there is and she said “there might be ;)” that wink pretty much is a yes for a new death.

I know the livestream is going to be like all the rest, jokes here and there, listening to the chat, rather than answering real questions. I just wait for updates on @luthienrising info thread. It’s the only thing I’m really looking forward to that day.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't mind a quick overview of CAS, but I really don't need to see every single color swatch or "Let's see how this top looks with that bottom... Oh, and add those other boots...*squeals*"
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    It’s University. Is it weird that I don’t expect more than a Sim starting Uni, the way you can pick classes, a bit about the robots and some talks about the new careers? I mean, for me, previous iterations of Uni also were pretty much self-contained. Sims do their thing there; I don’t expect much overall extra gameplay.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    SimguruMorgan teased there pretty much is a new death during the announcement week. Someone asked if there is and she said “there might be ;)” that wink pretty much is a yes for a new death.

I know the livestream is going to be like all the rest, jokes here and there, listening to the chat, rather than answering real questions. I just wait for updates on @luthienrising info thread. It’s the only thing I’m really looking forward to that day.

Since Murphy Beds has been ruled out I'm wondering about the new death. Getting electrocuted when building a robot?
  • Options
    4 Days!!!!!!
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited November 2019

Since Murphy Beds has been ruled out I'm wondering about the new death. Getting electrocuted when building a robot?

I'm hoping it's more like an evil robot "malfunction" :D

• Options
    Isn’t that a gif from the intro trailer? Or am I mistaken?
  • Options
    3 Days!!!!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Literally cannot wait 😝
    HSau :)
  • Options
    2 Days!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    1 day till the official 2 hour Livestream!!!!
  • Options
    I’m really looking forward to it!