The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give me your Simlish names

SarahsShady started a discussion about why Sims don't have names in... Simlish. A very good question. Put on your creativity goggles and let's come up with some Simlish names.

how about

Shamazam DeNarnia

Block Freener

and of course

Mayzie Grobe

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    Most favorite, Ben Dover, Glory Rhodes, Dusty Storm, just to name a few. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Hilarious idea! So:

Shloopey Attuney
    Muubo Pawanoh
    Agra Haadee
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,724 Member
    Hm, I have some weird names that are not typical English, but I wouldn't say they are Simlish either.

Simandus. Audoria. Murderia. Oleck. Geophold. Pivian.

But, my favorite name is probably Wilma Fionella Brixerwood Crumpleton.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I have Secnarf as an alien name. (my name spelled backwards) B)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Goopy Gilscarbo.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Ohh this thread is the reason why I originally asked the question! To spark some fun discussions :)
    I always though the name Keebo Knnob would be that of a Sim Supermodel haha :D
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    Aga Nawlohoh
    Wex Lander
    Graw Freshna
    Laba Zoobie
    Badeesh Blursh
    Euronka Yibs
    Oonganay Onsa

EDIT: Couple more - Amee Chataway & Veesa Narrow
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looma Ogret-Weerbreer
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't think I could take my sim seriously if her name was Bibi Mabingmabob, but there it is.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Aga Nawlohoh
    Wex Lander
    Graw Freshna
    Laba Zoobie
    Badeesh Blursh
    Euronka Yibs
    Oonganay Onsa

EDIT: Couple more - Amee Chataway & Veesa Narrow

I totally want to name a Sim Euronka Yibs!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Haha that's actually fun :D My propositions: (btw, sitting at work and thinking of Simlish names... how creative :P )

Daveena Whintdaba
    Ziiny Bliblub
    Nagard Gerbit
    Freeba Loovish
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @CorkysPetals Um, just for the sake of clarification - are Simlish names meant to be gibberish-y, or actual and simply funny-sounding/-spelled English ones?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Juan Kerr, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Head, R. Sole.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @CorkysPetals Um, just for the sake of clarification - are Simlish names meant to be gibberish-y, or actual and simply funny-sounding/-spelled English ones?

I would say gibberish-y. I think the Simlish language was created to be gibberish for players all over the world, regardless of the languages they speak. Although I suppose gibberish from English speakers will sound different from gibberish created by native Spanish, Mandarin, Swahili speakers.

Any non-native English speakers out there? Does Simlish have an English accent? Care to provide some Simlish gibberish that sounds like it came from your native tongue?

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,728 Member

I would say gibberish-y. I think the Simlish language was created to be gibberish for players all over the world, regardless of the languages they speak. Although I suppose gibberish from English speakers will sound different from gibberish created by native Spanish, Mandarin, Swahili speakers.

Any non-native English speakers out there? Does Simlish have an English accent? Care to provide some Simlish gibberish that sounds like it came from your native tongue?

I'm a somewhat non-native English speaker. XD Well, technically my mother tongue is Malay but I speak English so much now, it's become like a native language to me.

But I'd say they don't have an English accent. But what even is an accent if you think about it? :) I think an accent becomes more obvious if you hear someone who is a non-native Eng speaker, who then speaks in English. Then, accent becomes more apparent.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member

A Dutch friend of mine once said that my language (Norwegian) was gibberish, but I can't even start to imagine sims speaking like we do. I tried to play in my language but just couldn't. Had to change it back to English after 5 minutes. It was so weird when familiar faces didn't have the names I was used to :D

Hey, just imagine the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. I'd say we have pretty much the same accent as the Swedes, maybe they have more of a "singing" tone than we do, though. And the Chef is awesome :D
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited October 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    But what even is an accent if you think about it? :) I think an accent becomes more obvious if you hear someone who is a non-native Eng speaker, who then speaks in English. Then, accent becomes more apparent.

Most of what I write is a guess. I have studied different languages, but I'm not very good at any of them. But I have noticed animal sounds are different from language to language, and I assume imaginary words are different from language to language. I imagine that made-up words are based on the normal sounds and syllables from each language.

Dogs say guau-guau, wong-wong, blaf-blaf, meong-meong and how-how in Spanish, Cantonese, Dutch, Korean and Arabic

Kathykins wrote: »
    Hey, just imagine the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. I'd say we have pretty much the same accent as the Swedes, maybe they have more of a "singing" tone than we do, though. And the Chef is awesome :D

But would a Swahili speaker sound the same as a Hebrew speaker when they imitate the Swedish language? Of course, they probably both saw the Swedish Chef and would be imitating him. :D

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I... don't know how I could possibly keep playing with "English" names now that this idea has come into my life!

Sursu Manej
    Cabuname Luvo
    Jureema Shavortek
    Reesa Apsomay
    Yalah Nabor
    Demane Bavril
    Ocilandrah Marveau

I literally could just keep making random sounds and it's a Simlish name, I am obsessed!!!!! Bless this post.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,615 Member
    Yabbas looblu
    Donus Noov
    Wala Dah
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,977 Member
    Ida Yanowah
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,167 Member
    edited October 2019
    Jobe Swana
    Yibs Dag
    Sul Dag
    Dag Sul
    Awana Nooboo
    Iba Gora
    Chelcamehzor Yibsee
    Meck Chate
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2019
    Foulois Nib-Gibbon
    Whipna Wimfa
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    NevonaNevona Posts: 32 Member
    Smarsh Walloo
  • Options
    jutrzenka3jutrzenka3 Posts: 18 Member
    I love this! Such a fun idea. Now I want to make a save file full of sims with only Simlish names...

Goriah LeTorb
    Shmeeba Falsh
    Walta Faloo
    Chom Bobee
    :D
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Floopie Weebda
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-