The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    -Burglars
    -Firefighters
    -Spiral stairs
    -A new empty world like Newcrest
    -Memories
    -The ability to to make boyfriends/girlfriends and engaged relationships in CAS. Come on now EA!
    - More relationship identifications: brother-in-law/sister-in-law, cousins, step-siblings, step-parents and half-sibling.
    - A revamp of the romance and attraction system with turn on's and turn off's. I know that certain mods have that but I need something
    more like The Sims 2.
    -Body hair.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Add "Invite X's household to hang out".

Yes!!!

Oh, while we're on invites - being able to accept an invitation to go hang out with someone without having to join the sim while they go hang out. Sometimes I'll be potty training a toddler or something and a kid's friend or whatever will invite them over and I want to be like "yeah, she's finished her homework, she can go out with her friend" except if I click "accept" it'll interrupt everything all my other sims are doing.

I have the option to send sims to work alone. They can get invited out to rabbit hole events alone, or volunteer alone. I can even follow them to the event and then switch which sim I'm controlling to go back "home" as the player and play my other sims, but I can't just send them to social events alone and stay with the sims I'm currently focused on!

I know "more options for rabbit holes" is an odd request, but while I would also, of course, love "active" versions of just about every career and event in the game (because of course I would) sometimes I also want rabbit hole versions, and that seems like a much easier ask of the devs.

Yes, the household wife/mother can go hang out with her sister-in-law at a dance party, because dad has the kids covered tonight, but no, I don't want to go with because I'm focused on said kids! Let her go, let the AI raise her relationship with some folks and give her a little dance skill, and send her home without me having to abandon my current tasks on the home lot.

Exactly! I'd so want to send my sims away to visit a friend/colleague/relative without having to do the double load screen and interrupting my focus on something important such as skilling up. Especially because the AI is atrociously dumb when it comes to AI-hosted social events (well at least the very few times I took the invitation, it was horrible).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2019
    A banking system
    marcel21 wrote: »
    aprilrose wrote: »
    to add on I'd like to see manicure/pedicure stations. It's a small addition but I'd really enjoy it and I think others would too.

spa day has manicure and pedicure ;)

It only provided massages for hands and feet and not nail salon type services for hands and feet which is what I'd like to see.
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,212 Member
    1. An empty swamp/foggy world
    2. Better build mode stairs
    3. Color Wheels
    4. CAS height scale
    5. Teachers & Professors Careers
    6. Superheroes
    7. More pets.
  • Options
    DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    More realistic behaviors, and disabilities, but not to the point it would be offensive. If they were to make disabilities, it might not go very well if not interpreted right, so that's probably off the list.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Ordinary careers like @Mariefoxprice83. I want babies to be free as well - and prams, I want prams for both babies and toddlers.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    more trait slots
    more winter coats
    add accessory jackets
    add burglars again
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Baby overhaul and preteens.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Open neighborhoods because my sims are hermits. Loading screens drive me insane. I don’t mind them when I have to travel to other parts of the world. But to have a loading screen to go to a lot that’s right across the street is pretty annoying. I would also like better infants. They are so boring. I only interact with them when they cry. They cry and I do the same 3 interactions in this order: feed, cuddle and change diaper. With my sims that already have leveled up completely with the parenting skill it’s just one interaction and that’s the super efficient baby care. So many great ideas posted in this thread!
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I really just wanna see more romance options! a "ask about crush" social especially. an interaction that only significant others could do to comfort sad loved ones would also be amazing. longer hugs + more.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    - opacity slider on makeup
    - porta-potties (not like the cement Public Park restrooms, like porta-potties made of plastic. Double fun: re-use the kicking over garbage can animation to have sims be able to tip the over when someone is inside)
    - improvements to emotions - tying them to who/what caused them. A sim that's angry because they were cheated on is the same as a sim that's angry because they were arguing about bands. I want a cheated-on sim to be mad at the cheaters specifically. I want a sim who's had an argument to be mad at the person they argued with. Moodlets are SO general as to be meaningless.
    - wouldn't it be cool if the monster under the bed actually did anything (like your kid got a cool trait for befriending it, or it could be made "human" like IFs from TS3 or SOMETHING)
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    overall just deeper gameplay honestly it feels like most sims have the same personality. guess this can be changed with interests, turn off and turn ons ect.
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Build and buy:
    - Trims for the roofs so one can't see the white underneath
    - Bunk beds
    - Latter
    - Spiral stairs

Other:
    - Being able to move in multiple families/households on one lot
    - More stuff for the elders (activities with grandchildren etc.)
    - More romantic interactions (online dating, chemistry system, vibrating heart bed, jealousy etc)
    - Hats for witches
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    - The ability to add/change occult status to any sim in CAS at any point in the creation process without losing progress.
    - PIE IN THE SKY WILL NEVER HAPPEN: Actually adding occult hybrids as playable intended features. The Sims 2 had the right idea on this one.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,212 Member
    CAS Color Wheel, Height Scale, Hand Scale, New Eye Colors, New Ears, New Noses, New Skin Tones, Birthmarks, Shorter Teens & more Color Swatches.
  • Options
    Avis_pixieAvis_pixie Posts: 16 Member
    -Ability to customise hair colour more, adding highlights etc like in sims 3.
    - teens to be different from adults, shorter, different clothes, prom, more afterschool activities and ability to sneak out and get caught
    -bunk beds
    - online dating
  • Options
    A dozen new beds , with multiple new ones for toddlers with all new swatches.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 486 Member
    Body hair for men is a must, more facial hair too. I think they only added three after the base game.

Different stairs too. Spiraled stairs, elevators, just give us something else than straight stairs.

But most importantly, a huge update to traits. They should add like 20 traits and let adult sims have 5 or at least 4 traits again.
    Sims seriously lack individuality.

They could at least add back many traits from sims 3.

• Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Improved sim-personalities hands down
  • Options
    KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    1.) An overhaul to "apartment" system. We should have apartment as lots type. Maybe it could be defined as the main door they were using. We should be able to have room mates.
    2.) More purpose for kids and toddlers. They feel pretty useless. It would be nice if they could carry the skills with them.
    3.) Memories! This feature was great in Sims 2. I wish they could bring it back.
    4.) Cars.
    5.) More odd jobs and Part time jobs please. Like typing jobs. Cleaning jobs.
    6.) Food stalls should be able to function on community lots.
  • Options
    BlueGentryBlueGentry Posts: 13 New Member
    I would like to have hobbies become a career and an option to quit your job and struggle until it becomes successful, or not, and be forced to ask for your job back.

Superhero as a pack. Since a lot of it would really just be borrowing from magic abilities, there should be in-world options for strength, speed, and martial arts that allow others to fight back on an equal level. The ability to form teams and create sidekicks.

Imaginary pets for Children, Cat Ladies, and Parrots.

Time travellers that can pull playable characters from other time periods. Have them adjust to the modern era.

New Jobs: Street Performer, Fashion Designer, Hair Stylist Jobs, Exorcist, and Event Promoter for Famous People. Garage Bands that can develop into Famous Bands.

Zombie Apocalypse Pack with Road Warrior vehicles and looting.

Limited Multi-Player mode so that players can attend a festival or work on a challenge, but have limited ability to affect the world's build. I figure it would be the only way to do multi since you cannot have characters changing the color or a wall or placement of a chair and not simply run out of band width.

Customizable Zooz, Circuses, and Theme Parks. Animals that can escape from the Zoo. Supernatural Hybrids in Freak Show. After hours sneaking around a theme park (insert Scooby Doo theme song here).
  • Options
    Wheelchair, Access Ramps, and the ability to lower countertops. As a handicapped person, I would like a Sim more like me. Also, Care Attendant as a career.

Blind and Deaf Sims. Sign Language as Simlish (don't have to actually be true ASL).

Foreign Languages with different colored speech balloons to indicate who shares that Language.

The ability to get lost in an environment. Asking Directions. Exploring and Making Things Worse. Hidden Areas or Abandoned Cabins.
  • Options
    Jalopies. Vehicles that need constant repair.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    More things for the Sims to actually do, specifically our younger and elder Sims.

And apartments and the ability to have more than one residence on a lot, that would be so useful.

And perhaps bicycles.