May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ShowTime Music career problem

Not sure where to put this, but i have my sims working on the Musical career as i'm loving showtime... his singing, guitar and piano are maxed out, he is level 9 on violin... however for the past two weeks he's not getting promoted OR noted on the tally that he's written songs. He has written two now and i even can get him to perform them and he IS getting paid for them. However non are being accounted ... Is there a glitch or a problem... ?
Any advise would be appreciated
49259727-381570945941233-4719031858338201600-n.jpg
50264372-512292365925421-3038376731250524160-n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    He's not being promoted because he hasn't completely filled the performance bar yet. When the check mark turns yellow, he'll come back with a promotion the next time he goes to work.

As for the songs not counting, try repairing your game in Origin.

What do you mean when you say "you're enjoying Showtime"? That's a TS3 expansion pack, not a TS4 one.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    @floridameerkat - His performance bar is full all the time and has had a tick now for ages but still nothing.

I have done so a few times re my game and nothing. I am trying this career in another game to test it as i was informed that there is an can be a glitch, it's saddened me if there is a glitch to this game as it's my ISBI challenge and not a game i want to delete but continue to play.

I may have confused the titles... i keep saying showtime but i did mean the sims4 version i don't play sims 3 any longer.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,949 Member
    bebasim wrote: »
    @floridameerkat - His performance bar is full all the time and has had a tick now for ages but still nothing.

I have done so a few times re my game and nothing. I am trying this career in another game to test it as i was informed that there is an can be a glitch, it's saddened me if there is a glitch to this game as it's my ISBI challenge and not a game i want to delete but continue to play.

I may have confused the titles... i keep saying showtime but i did mean the sims4 version i don't play sims 3 any longer.

The entertainer career and the music aspiration are both from base game. Fame system is in Get Famous ep.
    Or what pack you got it confused with?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    There is a music career? Anyways to clear the writting songs on the asperation you need to select the instrument and if you have high enough skill there should be a thing that says write songs, don't click on write lyrics that came with CL when they added the singing career and doesn't really count as part of a instrument for some reason I have no clue why.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,805 Member
    bebasim wrote: »
    Not sure where to put this, but i have my sims working on the Musical career as i'm loving showtime... his singing, guitar and piano are maxed out, he is level 9 on violin... however for the past two weeks he's not getting promoted OR noted on the tally that he's written songs. He has written two now and i even can get him to perform them and he IS getting paid for them. However non are being accounted ... Is there a glitch or a problem... ?
    Any advise would be appreciated
    49259727-381570945941233-4719031858338201600-n.jpg
    50264372-512292365925421-3038376731250524160-n.jpg

I've noticed that same problem, too. My Sim also has that Aspiration. He has written at least three songs and still the tally didn't change. So, I did what I felt compelled to do. I used the MCCC mod to cheat that done. :open_mouth: I figured he'd finished the requirement and it's not his or my fault it wasn't logged. :hushed:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sometimes for some reason they won't complete unless they return home if they where at a community lot your likely have to return home for it to update. Also, I think the piano and villian are the two base game instruments that went with that asperation. I think the guatar and the others came with Out Door Retreat or the patch before it. Anyways that asperation needs to be updated to clear with all instruments even singing.

Edit: I will look into that in my game when I get a chance.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,805 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Sometimes for some reason they won't complete unless they return home if they where at a community lot your likely have to return home for it to update. Also, I think the piano and villian are the two base game instruments that went with that asperation. I think the guatar and the others came with Out Door Retreat or the patch before it. Anyways that asperation needs to be updated to clear with all instruments even singing.

Edit: I will look into that in my game when I get a chance.

My Sim was at home when he wrote his songs. He was even able to license them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/