Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why we need TWEENS / PRETEENS!?

Comments

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Game play for pre-teens means they shave off time from children and teens, pre-teens would be a different height, requiring new clothing, and taking some interactions from children, some from teens that are already in the game? Crushes? Just what this game needs, another child lifestae for adult sims to creep on, as if it isn't enough that parents, butlers, nannies, and every other adult in the game is having whims to flirt with toddlers, children, teens no thank you! So pre-teens will go to middle school, a rabbit hole, another rabbit hole that they disappear too for a few hours?
    How does any of this make for better game play?

Since when did Adults Sims creep on toddlers, kids, and teens like...wow what game are you playing because that don't sound like the sims. If your talking about the bug they fixed that awhile.

A vanilla (no mods/ no cc) game. The bug is still in the game btw. Maybe you have a mod in your game and you don't see it. My sim gets get texts from adults asking them out for dates all the time. The nanny is flirty with toddlers.

this is off topic please stop

How is it off topic? One of the suggestions for pre-teens is for them to have crushes. There is a bug currently in the game (which has not been fixed and has been reported multiple times) that adults have romantic whims and relationships with children.
    I disagree that we need another child life state added to the sims 4, if the developers cannot even fix this bug.

Another child life state? Lmao what? Maybe they aren't for you but remember some of us want them. I want it for height gap between child and teen, and a sub for shorter teens. Why can't any of you people understand that????

Being an adult who has raised two children from birth to now both being adults (my youngest still lives at home and she turned 18 in July). BTW, I also have a 1 year old grandson from my oldest daughter who is now 27? I have extensive knowledge of raising kids, how they behave at different ages, and the different phases they go through.

How many kids have you raised by yourself?
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Game play for pre-teens means they shave off time from children and teens, pre-teens would be a different height, requiring new clothing, and taking some interactions from children, some from teens that are already in the game? Crushes? Just what this game needs, another child lifestae for adult sims to creep on, as if it isn't enough that parents, butlers, nannies, and every other adult in the game is having whims to flirt with toddlers, children, teens no thank you! So pre-teens will go to middle school, a rabbit hole, another rabbit hole that they disappear too for a few hours?

Since when did Adults Sims creep on toddlers, kids, and teens like...wow what game are you playing because that don't sound like the sims. If your talking about the bug they fixed that awhile.

A vanilla (no mods/ no cc) game. The bug is still in the game btw. Maybe you have a mod in your game and you don't see it. My sim gets get texts from adults asking them out for dates all the time. The nanny is flirty with toddlers.

How is it off topic? One of the suggestions for pre-teens is for them to have crushes. There is a bug currently in the game (which has not been fixed and has been reported multiple times) that adults have romantic whims and relationships with children.
    I disagree that we need another child life state added to the sims 4, if the developers cannot even fix this bug.

Another child life state? Lmao what? Maybe they aren't for you but remember some of us want them. I want it for height gap between child and teen, and a sub for shorter teens. Why can't any of you people understand that????

Being an adult who has raised two children from birth to now both being adults (my youngest still lives at home and she turned 18 in July). BTW, I also have a 1 year old grandson from my oldest daughter who is now 27? I have extensive knowledge of raising kids, how they behave at different ages, and the different phases they go through.

I have no kids. I do have a 2, 5, and 8 year old nieces and nephew.
  • Options

So you have no first- hand experience in any of the suggestions you are making.

I disagree with adding pre-teens because it really doesn't add game play imo. This is a game. The most fleshed out life stages in the sims 4 currently are toddlers and vampires. You said it yourself that pre-teens should be taller than children in the game, but shorter than teens. That means that they would have to make new clothes for these pre-teens. All the other animations would have to be adjusted for the new height difference for this new life state.

They will not add disabilities to the game, probably because it's a sensitive and if not done right, could be offensive? They made pimples a CAS detail with parenthood because they didn't want to "trigger" people, remember? How do you think they can properly implement puberty and drama of middle school accurately without offending some?

This is a Game and there are just some things that cannot be implemented in a game for "realism".

I respect your right to want things and request things for the game. Maybe you should respect that not everybody agrees with you, just like you may not agree with other ideas or requests made by people.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited December 2017

asking someone about personal business is against the rules read them the rules and guidelines before you post or you will get banned.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

So you have no first- hand experience in any of the suggestions you are making.

I disagree with adding pre-teens because it really doesn't add game play imo. This is a game. The most fleshed out life stages in the sims 4 currently are toddlers and vampires. You said it yourself that pre-teens should be taller than children in the game, but shorter than teens. That means that they would have to make new clothes for these pre-teens. All the other animations would have to be adjusted for the new height difference for this new life state.

They will not add disabilities to the game, probably because it's a sensitive and if not done right, could be offensive? They made pimples a CAS detail with parenthood because they didn't want to "trigger" people, remember? How do you think they can properly implement puberty and drama of middle school accurately without offending some?

This is a Game and there are just some things that cannot be implemented in a game for "realism".

I respect your right to want things and request things for the game. Maybe you should respect that not everybody agrees with you, just like you may not agree with other ideas or requests made by people.

What's is her personal business have to do with the game she's acknowledging Preteens as a lifestages just like I do, you don't want the lifestages fine but asking about someone personal business and try to use it against them nah that's not gone fly here.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Toddlers were always meant to be in the game but due to reasons beyond their control at the time, they were left out. So when they did add them, they took the extra time to make them the best toddlers yet. Pre-teens have never been a thing and never will be because we have pre-teens in the game already, they are called children. You and I both know what you really want is shorter teens like we've had before. If we had been given shorter teens from the start, no one would ever have wanted or talked about pre-teens. So, do you want twelve year old sims (because pre means before, so before teens which is twelve) or shorter teens? Trick question because we will be getting neither of them.

So now your trying to think for me don't assume what I want. See you don't read what people just explained to you again I don't want shorter teens I wanted Preteens since Sims 2 and teens weren't as tall as they were today right? I could care less about the teens being tall I had no problem with them I'm not talking about how they added toddlers now in Sims 4 this how I know you don't pay attention to what you are reading. Toddlers were added in game in Sims 2 why? Because people thought it was weird for a baby to pop up and become a kid. Elders were added because again people thought it was weird for an adult to just die when the time came. I for one want to recognize Preteens as a lifestages because the gap between a child and teen needs to be filled.
    Also yeah we haven't had Preteens in game before that's the entire point of the thread also never say never.

They are not going to go to the time, money and effort of making 12 year old sims. And unless you play with aging off, they won't stay 12 long enough to enjoy all the "cool" new features you seem to think they will bring.

Again how do you know, do you work for EA? Do you actually know what's going on the office? Once I get a confirmation from the office about Preteens not coming than I will believe but if they don't say anything I can speculate and come up with ideas all I want.

If you have been paying attention over the years, you know EA doesn't confirm or deny future packs including possible life stages. People demanded toddlers and EA never said one word, one way or the other about whether or not we would ever get them. They were a surprise. Your surprise will be all the wasted time asking for something that will never happen.

Ok and so I can waste my time all I want asking for Pre-teens it might not come on this game but at least the devs will know some people have an interest for Pre-teens maybe in the future they will add in Sims 5 if we ever have a Sims 5 but until then Let me waste my time in peace what's it to you?

Until you can give them good reasons that include new game play options that would fit pre-teens and not kids or teens, they most likely will not even consider adding a new life stage just for twelve year olds,
  • Options
    Toddlers were always meant to be in the game but due to reasons beyond their control at the time, they were left out. So when they did add them, they took the extra time to make them the best toddlers yet. Pre-teens have never been a thing and never will be because we have pre-teens in the game already, they are called children. You and I both know what you really want is shorter teens like we've had before. If we had been given shorter teens from the start, no one would ever have wanted or talked about pre-teens. So, do you want twelve year old sims (because pre means before, so before teens which is twelve) or shorter teens? Trick question because we will be getting neither of them.

So now your trying to think for me don't assume what I want. See you don't read what people just explained to you again I don't want shorter teens I wanted Preteens since Sims 2 and teens weren't as tall as they were today right? I could care less about the teens being tall I had no problem with them I'm not talking about how they added toddlers now in Sims 4 this how I know you don't pay attention to what you are reading. Toddlers were added in game in Sims 2 why? Because people thought it was weird for a baby to pop up and become a kid. Elders were added because again people thought it was weird for an adult to just die when the time came. I for one want to recognize Preteens as a lifestages because the gap between a child and teen needs to be filled.
    Also yeah we haven't had Preteens in game before that's the entire point of the thread also never say never.

They are not going to go to the time, money and effort of making 12 year old sims. And unless you play with aging off, they won't stay 12 long enough to enjoy all the "cool" new features you seem to think they will bring.

Again how do you know, do you work for EA? Do you actually know what's going on the office? Once I get a confirmation from the office about Preteens not coming than I will believe but if they don't say anything I can speculate and come up with ideas all I want.

If you have been paying attention over the years, you know EA doesn't confirm or deny future packs including possible life stages. People demanded toddlers and EA never said one word, one way or the other about whether or not we would ever get them. They were a surprise. Your surprise will be all the wasted time asking for something that will never happen.

Ok and so I can waste my time all I want asking for Pre-teens it might not come on this game but at least the devs will know some people have an interest for Pre-teens maybe in the future they will add in Sims 5 if we ever have a Sims 5 but until then Let me waste my time in peace what's it to you?

Until you can give them good reasons that include new game play options that would fit pre-teens and not kids or teens, they most likely will not even consider adding a new life stage just for twelve year olds,

That was my point with @BuzzBuzz. All the time and resources that would be need to accurately implement pre-teens (new clothing, hair, facial and body differences) that's jus CAS. Then the animations needed to work with the height difference on top of that. Plus game play that would need to be added to make them noticeably different from children and teens. I just don't see the developers doing all of that for the overall amount of players that really would utilize it in game.just my opinion.

I would rather the developers flesh out the rest of sims life states such as teens, YA's, Adults, and elders.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I have extensive first hand experience with children of all ages and I would like to see another age group added between child and teen. My experience with children has absolutely nothing to do with my wish to have this life stage added. Height was my initial reason for wanting this but I also think this age group has the potential to add a lot to the game. There are many threads here full of ideas shared by very insightful creative people.

Having raised children or being around them has nothing to do with having an opinion on this topic. You do not need to have ever met a child in real life to enjoy playing sims children. A real human child is not the same as a sim. This is a game. I also enjoy games where I go around shooting people but I have no first hand experience of doing such a thing. This does not mean I do not get to play the game or voice opinions and ideas for the game. No persons opinion or idea is wrong not matter their background, education or life experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Again are you a dev are you in the office you don't know what they are looking or seeking for its not like they can't do research on the matter as well oh wait they probably can. Also again it goes back to YA since you claim Preteens add no new gameplay YA doesn't either they do the exact same as an adult tell me what exactly do they do in the game except looking younger than an adult sim can't and vice versa why are YA in the game when they don't add nothing new? Preteens are not just 12 years old they are 10-12 and some are even 13 depending on if they are still in middle school or not.
  • Options
    michelei wrote: »
    I have extensive first hand experience with children of all ages and I would like to see another age group added between child and teen. My experience with children has absolutely nothing to do with my wish to have this life stage added. Height was my initial reason for wanting this but I also think this age group has the potential to add a lot to the game. There are many threads here full of ideas shared by very insightful creative people.

Having raised children or being around them has nothing to do with having an opinion on this topic. You do not need to have ever met a child in real life to enjoy playing sims children. A real human child is not the same as a sim. This is a game. I also enjoy games where I go around shooting people but I have no first hand experience of doing such a thing. This does not mean I do not get to play the game or voice opinions and ideas for the game. No persons opinion or idea is wrong not matter their background, education or life experience.

Thank you so much for pointing this out especially the shooting game I play GTA as well but I would never try to do half those things in real life lol.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    They can add preteens when they REMOVE the toddler stage. Also, you can just adjust your gameplay to change the clothing and what they do to fit a preteen stage too. I just change my Sim's appearance half way through the kid age span and that works. I also skip toddler stage altogether since I hate playing it.

cool i actually really enjoyed playing with todlers more then i thought i would. however i cant stand playing as teens myself and i do think something does not need to be done about teens. i do agree its not impossible to make a kid look like a 12-14 year old but 2 issues 1)they do not act like 12-14 year olds in some cases. like not being able to cook. not being able to play the guitar granted i think that is an issue with kids in general. they still act like little kids even if you can make them look a bit older 2)secondly if you try to make them look any older it fails and you have age them up which just sucks because teens do not look like teens and other then going to school and not being able to get a job or get married or flirt with young adults and older they are young adults.
  • Options

Again are you a dev are you in the office you don't know what they are looking or seeking for its not like they can't do research on the matter as well oh wait they probably can. Also again it goes back to YA since you claim Preteens add no new gameplay YA doesn't either they do the exact same as an adult tell me what exactly do they do in the game except looking younger than an adult sim can't and vice versa why are YA in the game when they don't add nothing new? Preteens are not just 12 years old they are 10-12 and some are even 13 depending on if they are still in middle school or not.

YA's were originally created for the first University pack that was created. They NEEDED a stage out of high school but not yet an adult with adult responsibilities. So, they created a college age. There is absolutely no reason to create a new pre-teen stage that only lasts one year (12) before changing to the next stage anyway.

All you want is to fill a height requirement that you think needs to be filled. As I have said before, if you want this useless stage added, give them reasons other than "I want it to fit between kids and teens in height. Come up with concrete ideas that adds new game play. Game play is the key, not a new height.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    Oookaaaay. I'm seeing some posts here that count 5-year-olds as toddlers. Since when? 5 is too old to be considered a toddler. In fact, categorizing real life ages, it's always gone like this in my head:

Infant: Under a year old. First signs of an individual personality begin to appear.

Toddler: 1-3. By 1 year, too dang old to have their age stated in months. Personality really starts to shine through, the learning of right and wrong begins.

Pre-Schooler: 3-4. Too old to not know how to walk, talk, or use the toilet, but young enough to be allowed to stay at home with a parent without the parents being arrested.

Elementary School Aged: 5-10. Old enough that now it's a criminal offense to not ship them off to the meat grinder known as school unless you've gone through the process of being approved to homeschool your kids, but too young to date or go more than a few blocks away from home without an adult or teenager to escort them and definitely too young for a smart phone.

Middleschooler: 11-13. Old enough to learn algebra, do their own laundry, change their own bed sheets, start feeling those first stabs of puberty, and go a little farther from home without someone older to supervise. Too young to drive or date. The more responsible kids in this age group might be allowed to have something fancier than a simple flip phone if they keep their grades up and don't talk smack or cause trouble.

Highschooler: 14-17. Old enough to date and travel long distances away from home without supervision, really being slapped in the face by puberty now, and chomping at the bit to finish school so they can get a job and get out of their parents' house already. Can be allowed to have a smart phone if their grades and behavior are both good. Also, old enough at 15-16 to get kicked out of the house if they don't straighten up and fly right.

Young Adult: 18-25. Probably stuck in some form of education after high school because they don't want to be on welfare, just getting their first adult job after that, having a few years of selfish life enjoyment before thinking about marriage and children.

Young-ish Adult: 26-39. Old enough to start seriously considering marriage and children if that's their thing. If their job is good enough, they're probably even considering buying a house. If they decide not to marry or have children, they're finishing off those student loan payments, fighting their way to a favorable position in their career path of choice, and just enjoying life without kids to look after or parents all in their business. Toward the later part of this stage, many people forget just how hard it was to be a kid or a teenager.

Middle Age: 40-60. Hair starts going gray, body starts falling to pieces, kids (if they have any) are old enough to be in those middle school and high school years where they start to be a real pain in the butt and the parents are just as anxious as the kids for them to finally be old enough to go off on their own and take care of themselves. Mid-life crisis or happiness-hating crabbiness may occur if the individual bailed on way too many of their big life goals in exchange for a comfortable existence. By this time, most have totally forgotten how hard it is to be a kid or a teenager...some have even forgotten the hardships of their 20's and 30's.

Old Age: 60+. The body continues to deteriorate, hair goes totally gray, and being a grand parent may become a thing. Some old people become more mean and cantankerous, some completely give up on everything but watching reruns of 50-year-old shows on T.V., but some remain cool until their dying day. 99% have forgotten how hard it can be to be a kid or teenager. 90% have forgotten the hardships of all ages below 40.

And, that's life.

I think YA is still considered YA until you are 40. Then middle age is around 55 these days.

ETA: Oops I meant YA until 30/then that is adult until age 55 middle age.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

YA's were originally created for the first University pack that was created. They NEEDED a stage out of high school but not yet an adult with adult responsibilities. So, they created a college age. There is absolutely no reason to create a new pre-teen stage that only lasts one year (12) before changing to the next stage anyway.

All you want is to fill a height requirement that you think needs to be filled. As I have said before, if you want this useless stage added, give them reasons other than "I want it to fit between kids and teens in height. Come up with concrete ideas that adds new game play. Game play is the key, not a new height.

But yet we don't have university in the game now do we? So again why is YA in the Sims 4 game? Again you really don't pay attention it's not about height with me about why I want Preteens I could care less about how tall or short a sim is I recognize a Pre-teen stage as a lifestages how hard is that for you to understand again I'll say it again its not about height with me one more time hopefully this will stick it's not about height. Now I'm done debating with you because all I see you doing is running around in circles asking the same thing because you don't know what else to say besides "game play." And "height." over the topic. Come up with something new kid now getting bored and again the Preteen age is 10-12.
  • Options

But yet we don't have university in the game now do we? So again why is YA in the Sims 4 game? Again you really don't pay attention it's not about height with me about why I want Preteens I could care less about how tall or short a sim is I recognize a Pre-teen stage as a lifestages how hard is that for you to understand again I'll say it again its not about height with me one more time hopefully this will stick it's not about height. Now I'm done debating with you because all I see you doing is running around in circles asking the same thing because you don't know what else to say besides "game play." And "height." over the topic. Come up with something new kid now getting bored and again the Preteen age is 10-12.

We don't have University YET! It normally follows Seasons which follows Pets. Obviously, we have YA's because Uni will come at some point. Maybe YOU think pre-teen is a life stage, but no one else does. PRE means just before (12), not three years (10-12) before. You're the one running in circles wanting something that has been proven is useless and offers no new game play (the only reason to add a new life stage).

When you request something that makes sense (for a change) and offers new game play, I'll be right there supporting you. But I can't and won't support silly ideas like pre-teens that you think lasts three years. That statement alone shows how little you know about children's life stages. Baby, toddler, child, teen. Those are the life stages of a person who is not an adult.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

We don't have University YET! It normally follows Seasons which follows Pets. Obviously, we have YA's because Uni will come at some point. Maybe YOU think pre-teen is a life stage, but no one else does. PRE means just before (12), not three years (10-12) before. You're the one running in circles wanting something that has been proven is useless and offers no new game play (the only reason to add a new life stage).

When you request something that makes sense (for a change) and offers new game play, I'll be right there supporting you. But I can't and won't support silly ideas like pre-teens that you think lasts three years. That statement alone shows how little you know about children's life stages. Baby, toddler, child, teen. Those are the life stages of a person who is not an adult.

I know little about children lifestages if that's what you think be my guess. Also when uni comes what if it ran how Sims 3 uni did not just have YA going to college but even adults and elders went as well and if it the same as Sims 3 than my statement will still stand how YA is different than the adults? I'm not the one running in circles that's you it goes from new gameplay to height and back again saying the same over and over again. Also I don't care if you don't, want, or need to support the idea of Preteens because there's far more others that clearly do in this thread and also not only on this website but I see it on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube people like the idea of Preteens. Like I said before once I get a confirmed no on Preteens I say whatever I want on the idea of Preteens again I'll ask you since you didn't answer the first time What it to you or rather what's it to you that I'm asking for Pre-teens? I'll answer myself for you absolutely nothing you basically wasting your time typing because my mind is not going to change.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I know you guys are in the middle of an intense debate but, I would LOVE to have pre-teens in the game! It's such a cool idea. It would definitely fill in the gap between a child and a teen and it would make things a little more realistic. It would also be pretty nice if we got to go to middle school with the pre-teens. Actually it would be pretty nice if we got to go to school with all the stages like university.

I can't think of any gameplay or things pre-teens can add to the game at the moment but there are plenty of creative people in the community and on the Sims team that can. Overall I think it's a great idea to have pre-teens.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited December 2017
    Making a preteen is just as shallow as it is already with a shallow child and teen lifestage we have right now. Combining features from both LifeStage to create a new age group isn't practical in my book. And people would be begging after its release to get Adult-Elder, Toddler-Child, Baby-Toddler and all other mish-meshed variations of ages that would probably take a lot of harddrive space on comsumers computers with duplicated existing feature/animation code. I rather have developers save their precious time in improving the souless existing life stages (particulary children and teens), THEN moving to consider preteens with NEW never before features in the game that aren't copy&pasted from used up time that children and teens can do.

All the threads I came across with pre-teen request, I'm gonna be straight honest: (from the peoplee that suggested them) Preteens don't bring anything special to the gameplay!

Would yall really enjoy playing through an unnecessary prolong lifespans from baby, tweenbaby, crawling baby, toddler, preschooler, almost-a-child, child, tween, a-wee-bit-mature, towering-teen, young adult, middle adult, adult, senior, elder, almost-dead-elder ?

Same agruement goes with YA why do we have them? They do the exact same thing an adult do, do they not? We don't have university so why are they really in the game when the can do the exact same thing adults tell me something a ya can do that an a can't do and vice versa.
    Also only one simmer asked for all those lifestages so don't try to categorize the people who just want Pre-teens to a simmer who wants more lifestages than Pre-teens.

Which is why we don't need more. I do think YA needs improvement, and that's another story for another because If we're to dwell on it here, that would just be off-topic and you get the memo what might happen next. I wasn't categorizing and generalizing that people who wanted pre-teens will want more unnecessary (imo) life stages. I was referring to others, who would get pre-teens and start asking ("but why don't we have x and z's? We need those also because there are pre-teens now for the very first time."

There should a new body physique that makes a shorter height for the teens (And I'm talking about one/two presets of height, not sliders that have precise choices). Having a teen be smaller than adult but taller than a child at the start of its life span before shifting with just a quick stretch that turns them into adult height in the middle of the aged lifespan.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options

I know little about children lifestages if that's what you think be my guess. Also when uni comes what if it ran how Sims 3 uni did not just have YA going to college but even adults and elders went as well and if it the same as Sims 3 than my statement will still stand how YA is different than the adults? I'm not the one running in circles that's you it goes from new gameplay to height and back again saying the same over and over again. Also I don't care if you don't, want, or need to support the idea of Preteens because there's far more others that clearly do in this thread and also not only on this website but I see it on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube people like the idea of Preteens. Like I said before once I get a confirmed no on Preteens I say whatever I want on the idea of Preteens again I'll ask you since you didn't answer the first time What it to you or rather what's it to you that I'm asking for Pre-teens? I'll answer myself for you absolutely nothing you basically wasting your time typing because my mind is not going to change.

It's very obvious that you nothing about children's life stages. I hope when we get an Education pack, it is along the lines of one I have laid out elsewhere and will include, kids in grade school, teens in high school, YA's, Adults, Elders, part-time students, night classes and studying from home. Because you didn't understand, I will repeat my statement that YA's were originally created for a University pack. Now, they are a part of our game and will be available for an Education pack when it comes. Pre-teens will never be a life stage because they exist as children in our game already. Children ARE pre-teens.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    And honestly, does it really add a big difference If they include a life stage called with a label "pre-teen", due to mere recognition? We could simply make up for the lack of preteens in the game by using our imagination to pretend that they exist in a child from right before they're a few days before into turning teens. Time and resource saved. Next thing they could work is on actually improving the other existing life stages with deep meaningful gameplay mechanics. Make children to be noisy, obnoxious and runny. Have teens pull mischief and pull pranks on people again. YA - have them behave more as the stereotypical less or more college kids. Adults: mid-life crisis.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Well I definitely agree, but knowing EA they'll be like ''Mmmmmhm do you know how much effort we put into those toddlers you asked for non-stop? Now you want preteens? FINE we'll take AWAY toddlers and charge you 10$ for the half baked pre teens *Snaps finger*''
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2017

It's very obvious that you nothing about children's life stages. I hope when we get an Education pack, it is along the lines of one I have laid out elsewhere and will include, kids in grade school, teens in high school, YA's, Adults, Elders, part-time students, night classes and studying from home. Because you didn't understand, I will repeat my statement that YA's were originally created for a University pack. Now, they are a part of our game and will be available for an Education pack when it comes. Pre-teens will never be a life stage because they exist as children in our game already. Children ARE pre-teens.

Again you can assume anything you want about me I do not care. Okay Sims 2 YA were a separate lifestages when it came to Uni but when Sims 3 came all ages went to the uni so now I'm asking whenever we get uni or a school gamepack like you say if they will have all that what will be the different gameplay from YA to an Adult?
  • Options
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Well I definitely agree, but knowing EA they'll be like ''Mmmmmhm do you know how much effort we put into those toddlers you asked for non-stop? Now you want preteens? FINE we'll take AWAY toddlers and charge you 10$ for the half baked pre teens *Snaps finger*''

When did we pay for toddlers though if I remember they were a free update.
  • Options
    And honestly, does it really add a big difference If they include a life stage called with a label "pre-teen", due to mere recognition? We could simply make up for the lack of preteens in the game by using our imagination to pretend that they exist in a child from right before they're a few days before into turning teens. Time and resource saved. Next thing they could work is on actually improving the other existing life stages with deep meaningful gameplay mechanics. Make children to be noisy, obnoxious and runny. Have teens pull mischief and pull pranks on people again. YA - have them behave more as the stereotypical less or more college kids. Adults: mid-life crisis.

I get what your saying but that would not work because I like to tell stories through my Sims and I actually tried imagining but it just would not work and I can't even use mods because of incident in Sims 3 so I stay away from mids.
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    It's honestly too much work to use my imagination when it can just be there in the game. We don't have call age group pre-teens, if that bothers people so much. But I believe should a life stage between Child and Teen fill gap. Plus they wouldn't remove toddlers add pre-teens. That doesn't even make sense..
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top