Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Highlander Crest: A legacy-ish game play challenge

Comments

• Options
    iamduniamdun Posts: 514 Member
    Callum's first work prank was a successful one! He's doing really well at work btw.
    2r7ppuc.jpg
    9s41ef.jpg

After work, Ailani threw a party for Callum's birthday. All of his siblings were there as well as Bailey and Vincent.
    2ch3vib.jpg2e2jjfq.jpg
    b5iiya.jpg345jwvb.jpg
    2qwilqb.jpg
    71p7ro.jpg
    21eahbt.jpg

Poor Ailani couldn't keep up! All of his children have passed except Bailey!
    33c4pc0.jpg
    He's making it through the skills though!!
    2lxvvis.jpg

Drake got an A in school, just in time for his birthday.
    2aexide.jpg
    There was a small get together with Drake's closest friends/family for his to celebrate. Cousin Dari already aged up!
    2mexp2d.jpg
    9pqqf7.jpg

zlyxw0.jpg
    Drake P. Baehr
    Slob, Foodie
    Joke Star

Aside from hanging with his friends, Drake has really been into taking photos on his little cell phone. So he got a inexpensive digital camera for his birthday.
    2n0pizr.jpg

Drake closely resembles his father, Callum.
    10y15bl.jpg209q4cn.jpg1hqg43.jpg2h5nu6s.jpg

Yep, he's a mama's boy just like his dad was!
    2iiv4hy.jpg

Grandma Bailey came over too. (She was suppose to be an elder already because Callum went to her birthday party. Idk what happened lol)
    x44qah.jpg

There we go..
    fdxbmr.jpg

Later that night, Callum and Pauline FINALLY tied the knot!
    28s4xuu.jpg
    2qx2iyg.jpg

Leaving you with a shot of little Dylan working hard on completing her aspiration!
    2con5zd.jpg
  • Options
    iamduniamdun Posts: 514 Member
    Dylan finally met Ridge Everest at school! Woot.
    9tpb49.jpg

Drake and Sabrina’s first date and first kiss.
    oh92si.jpg
    10wofx1.jpg
    33jr4tu.jpg
    Dylan and Ridge were dancing/watching.
    qqx345.jpg
    Eventually it just became a double date lol.
    14jqbrq.jpg
    15fgb9h.jpg

Drake’s got a girlfriend!
    182845.jpg
    2u7om7p.jpg

Drake is also into making ice cream and cooking.
    2ur70uf.jpg
    jj91xf.jpg
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Wow! Drake sure is handsome! I really enjoyed your update.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Finally got a chance to play for longer than a Sim day or two.
    Last night I was playing and celebrated Orion's transition from Teen to Young Adult.
    His basic traits are Genius (Child Birthday), Dance Machine (Teen Birthday) and just for fun .. on his YA Birthday he gained the Insane trait. He is full Alien and wears his disguise most of the time.
    He completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration. The last steps are a bit tricky.

Eat a Grilled Cheese in Space
    Talk to Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese.
    orion_10.jpg
    orion_11.jpg
  • Options
    In order for Orion to complete the Grilled Cheese Aspiration he had to Talk to Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese.
    To do that someone had to die.....
    Grandma Valeda was happy to oblige by WooHoo-ing an unsuspecting Elder in the Rocket Ship.
    HEY ..... do not judge ... he dies a happy man...

"URGH..."
    02-19-10.jpg
    The ultimate result?
    02-20-10.jpg
    Not just One ....
    baby_k10.jpg
    .... or two ...
    baby_k11.jpg
    ... but THREE
    baby_h10.jpg
    Yes ...... Triplets ! ! !
    baby_t10.jpg
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    LOL.....oh boy.errrrm...girl and boy!! Wow! :smiley:
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    In order for Orion to complete the Grilled Cheese Aspiration he had to Talk to Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese.
    To do that someone had to die.....
    Grandma Valeda was happy to oblige by WooHoo-ing an unsuspecting Elder in the Rocket Ship.
    HEY ..... do not judge ... he dies a happy man...

"URGH..."
    02-19-10.jpg
    The ultimate result?
    02-20-10.jpg
    Not just One ....
    baby_k10.jpg
    .... or two ...
    baby_k11.jpg
    ... but THREE
    baby_h10.jpg
    Yes ...... Triplets ! ! !
    baby_t10.jpg

HAHAHAHAAAA! I am assuming (unless you have a mod) that she wasn't an elder when she had triplets but, still hilarious! (I had a surprise elder birth (risky whoo-hoo mod with Elder birth turned off so.. VERY surprising) and OH MY. LOL!!
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAAAA! I am assuming (unless you have a mod) that she wasn't an elder when she had triplets but, still hilarious! (I had a surprise elder birth (risky whoo-hoo mod with Elder birth turned off so.. VERY surprising) and OH MY. LOL!!
    *Grin* Grandma Valeda is my founder / Highlander Sim and still a Young Adult. She gets to live forever (... or at least ten generations) via Youth Potion. Everyone else ages and dies. Valeda has earned enough to have ALL the traits. At one point she earned the Fertility trait. The father of the triplets was Pluto Martin from my Stranded by EQ household. Pluto and his Alien daughter Vestra were the stars of The Martian Challenge in my game. Pluto also had earned a ton of points and had the Fertility trait as well.

• Options
    *Grin* Grandma Valeda is my founder / Highlander Sim and still a Young Adult. She gets to live forever (... or at least ten generations) via Youth Potion. Everyone else ages and dies. Valeda has earned enough to have ALL the traits. At one point she earned the Fertility trait. The father of the triplets was Pluto Martin from my Stranded by EQ household. Pluto and his Alien daughter Vestra were the stars of The Martian Challenge in my game. Pluto also had earned a ton of points and had the Fertility trait as well.

DERP. I'm doing a version of this challenge so you think I'd have figured out she's your founder. Hahahaaa.
    I need to pay better attention to what threads I'm reading. LOL
  • Options
    SophieLogicSophieLogic Posts: 53 Member
    Woah. I definitely can't read all of these pages. I started reading all the way up to about page 7 of all the challenges you've all posted but I'm working on my own and I really wanted to post so finally I've given up. I will catch up however. But hold up a second. I've not introduced myself!
    Hi! I'm Sophie! I've been looking to do a Legacy for quite some time now but never really had the energy to actually do one. Then I stumbled upon this one and fell in love with the concept. I've already started my gameplay and blog but wanted to pad it out a bit before I posted anything here. But here I am. All shiny and new, Happy and ready to join in on this adventure with you all (If you'll have me of course :smile: ) I'll post my blog when I've done a little more work to it!
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi and welcome @SophieLogic look forward to reading about your Highlander crest adventures. It is a fun challenge a great one to start with. so good luck with it and Happy Simming!
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    Hey @SophieLogic
    This is a fun challenge. I am still working on mine but ran out of 'storytelling steam'.
    ;)
    My founder has gained all the traits except for some job related ones. The family so far has earned over Two Million Simoleons. I decided to reduce the funds after selling some excess inventory. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Thanks :) Also just realised that I need to build up my points etc before I can post it so that gives me much more time to flesh it out!
    @EuphorialQueen I've never stuck with a character so long as to master so much so I guess it just gets to the point where you are glad there are the other sims to give you a bit more to do!
  • Options
    Thanks :) Also just realised that I need to build up my points etc before I can post it so that gives me much more time to flesh it out!
    @EuphorialQueen I've never stuck with a character so long as to master so much so I guess it just gets to the point where you are glad there are the other sims to give you a bit more to do!
    Even without pictures you are welcome to share your challenge adventure. ;)
    @Buttonsginger did a great job setting this one up.
  • Options
    You make an excellent point @EuphorialQueen! I guess the writing style is much different to how other people seemed to have presented theirs. I guess it's more of past tense 3rd person layout. But it will be nice to explain it a bit casually :lol:
    So my Highlander's name is Anselmo Félix (I asked a friend to name him and turns out we are going down the Spanish route!) and I decided I'm going to be doing the Alphabetical names per generations. He's already had a first child but annoyingly they were born off lot as he still hasn't married Sofia (Spoiler alert, she's a default Get Together character) yet. I'm trying to gather name ideas with a Spanish theme for each generation. So any suggestions are welcome! I started this in a Legacy fashion where he had hardly any money and gradually built his way up. It definitely pushed me to get him painting and farming but now he has a lovely little thatched style house :) I moved him into the 64x64 lot as well so I'm thinking of gradually adding to it different houses for all the children (That still live in) and then building up from there :D
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm planning to start this challenge soon, with a little adjusted rules to fit the story I have in mind. Any tips? ;)
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee Excited to see how you decide to do it! I found it more interesting to go with a theme for mine. That and twisting in different things to make it more challenging. Having fun is the best thing for things like this!
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee Excited to see how you decide to do it! I found it more interesting to go with a theme for mine. That and twisting in different things to make it more challenging. Having fun is the best thing for things like this!

I really want to go in details of the psychological part of living for such a long time, I hope that'll speak to my readers too. For now I'm awaiting a build that I'm going to use. Then I'll start screenshotting and writing :blush:
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member

I really want to go in details of the psychological part of living for such a long time, I hope that'll speak to my readers too. For now I'm awaiting a build that I'm going to use. Then I'll start screenshotting and writing :blush:

This sounds really cool. I like the idea of this challenge and toyed with starting my own but between work, classes and family I can't keep up with my current stories, much less a third. I can't wait to read yours, the psychological effect is the part that interests me about this challenge too.
  • Options
    You make an excellent point @EuphorialQueen! I guess the writing style is much different to how other people seemed to have presented theirs. I guess it's more of past tense 3rd person layout. But it will be nice to explain it a bit casually :lol:
    So my Highlander's name is Anselmo Félix (I asked a friend to name him and turns out we are going down the Spanish route!) and I decided I'm going to be doing the Alphabetical names per generations. He's already had a first child but annoyingly they were born off lot as he still hasn't married Sofia (Spoiler alert, she's a default Get Together character) yet. I'm trying to gather name ideas with a Spanish theme for each generation. So any suggestions are welcome! I started this in a Legacy fashion where he had hardly any money and gradually built his way up. It definitely pushed me to get him painting and farming but now he has a lovely little thatched style house :) I moved him into the 64x64 lot as well so I'm thinking of gradually adding to it different houses for all the children (That still live in) and then building up from there :D

I'd suggest finding a baby name site and searching just Spanish heritage names. I use those sites a lot for my Sims. :)
    It's a great way of getting names that aren't as 'obvious' or typical - you can find a lot of really interesting and unique names you may never have heard/thought of!
    I like the theme you started with Anselmo though - I can kinda picture him with his farming and country farm house, raising his family and then being around to watch the future generations as they build up the lot over time :)
  • Options
    I'm planning to start this challenge soon, with a little adjusted rules to fit the story I have in mind. Any tips? ;)

In regards to adjusting the rules - I do this for everything (I am Sim-rule rebel apparently LOL) and as long as you have an idea of what you want to do, or the backstory, it's not hard to see where you may need to tweak things.
    Like, my founder is a Sim that I used from another challenge. When I found this challenge it just seemed like the perfect continuation for his story - he was the winner (spoiler) of my 'Warehouse on Back St' challenge where 6 Sims all live in a locked warehouse and compete weekly and the lowest sim for the week is sent to a red room to die (it's morbid, I know LOL!). Gideon won and this was a perfect after challenge.
    So I tweaked the rules to fit his story - which is that he is now the sole survivor and is cursed with living forever until he can appease the ghosts of those that dies in the warehouse - it was that or he had to 'run' the warehouse games for 6 others and he just couldn't do that and watch 5 other Sims die.
    So my version of this challenge is only 5 generations - and he has to name his children after the fallen (so, I use their names to dictate the first letter of each generations kids names <- not clear at all am I? Like, if the first to die was Bob, Gideon has to have 3 kids and named with the first letter 'B' for the first, 'O' for the second, and 'B' for the third... then whichever of those kids is the heir has to do the same for the second sim to die). Ok that's a lot of info and a bit confusing... my main point was to show how I adjusted the challenge to fit my story :)

So just kinda see what works with your story and if something really doesn't fit, then adjust it or skip it :)

Also - I think focusing on the psychological effects would be a really interesting story. There's definitely a lot to work with in this challenge! My poor guy is haunted by the ghosts from the prior challenge, so that def adds, but just imagine how your founder is gonna feel with the ghosts of his wife and kids and etc all haunting him! Rough! LOL

• Options
    @kayt45 Shall I send you a link when I have my first chapter up? :blush:

@Spacey72659 That's such an awesome idea! I already have my first chapter typed out, but I am awaiting a build before I can screenshot anything at all. Ugh, the anticipation! :lol:
  • Options
    @kayt45 Shall I send you a link when I have my first chapter up? :blush:

@Spacey72659 That's such an awesome idea! I already have my first chapter typed out, but I am awaiting a build before I can screenshot anything at all. Ugh, the anticipation! :lol:
    @Sterretjeee Yes please ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top