The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod for seeing sims careers?

I'm going to start by saying that I've never used mods before, as I'm too much of a chicken and don't want to cause issues with my game, but I'm curious to know if there's a mod out there that would allow me to check on the careers of all sims in my game without either meeting them all and asking, or playing the household and looking at each sims career that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    I'm going to start by saying that I've never used mods before, as I'm too much of a chicken and don't want to cause issues with my game, but I'm curious to know if there's a mod out there that would allow me to check on the careers of all sims in my game without either meeting them all and asking, or playing the household and looking at each sims career that way.

MC Command Center comes with a log option to show that. get_pop c (with MC installed, of course) gets you the following:

[12/10/15 03:23:38]
    Get Population Details
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Bella Goth is employed in: career_Adult_SecretAgent on None
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Mila Munch is employed in: career_Adult_Culinary on None
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Jacques Villareal is employed in: career_Adult_Criminal on None
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Bob Pancakes is employed in: career_Adult_Culinary on None
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Nancy Landgraab is employed in: career_Adult_Criminal on None
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Gavin Richards is employed in: career_Adult_Writer on None

(etc. but you get the idea... that "on None" thing Deaderpool says means nothing... haha!)

After the careers (or any kind of get_pop) list, it also gives this:

[12/10/15 03:23:38]==================================================================================
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Sims: 69
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Female Sims: 38
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Male Sims: 31
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Grim Reapers: 0
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Babies - Female: 0, Male: 0
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Children - Female: 2, Male: 3
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Teens - Female: 6, Male: 5
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Young Adults - Female: 19, Male: 14
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Adults - Female: 10, Male: 7
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Elders - Female: 1, Male: 2
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Ghosts: 0
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Homeless Sims: 15
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Homed Sims: 54
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Married Sims: 22
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Pregnant Sims: 0
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Sims in Hidden Households: 0
    [12/10/15 03:23:38]Total Aliens: 1

There are SEVERAL switches, if this looks like a mod for you, the link to MC is in my sig. Don't let it overwhelm you, as long as your version is 2.2.2 you'll be fine. Documentation on the first page is very detailed. And Deaderpool is very helpful.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh wow, @egwarhammer that's great! I may look into MC then... For some reason I had looked at what others said about it and thought it wouldn't provide this info, but since it does I may take the plunge and try it. I'm assuming the "get_pop c" is a command I type into the cheat bar? (once MC is installed?)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Oh wow, @egwarhammer that's great! I may look into MC then... For some reason I had looked at what others said about it and thought it wouldn't provide this info, but since it does I may take the plunge and try it. I'm assuming the "get_pop c" is a command I type into the cheat bar? (once MC is installed?)

Yeah, best advice is go browse under the blue buttons on the description page. TONS of info. Config file looks like a wall of text, but don't let it scare you, in-game configuring with a computer > MC menu is EASY.

With the allfiles 2.2.2 zip, installing is really just download/open/select all (package and ts4script files)/Copy To... Mods/MC, and you're done. (Repeat for woohoo if you add that piece, info at MTS.)

Easy test to see if it's running AND answer your question above, when it's installed, from a LOT (not the world map, nothing MC will work there), open the cheat window and type in mc_help. It outputs commands and switches you can use based on what modules you have in.

• Options
    Thanks! I'll try it out. I had created famies to fill every house in my game, and gave everyone jobs, but didn't keep track of who went where. And I want to make sure I have a good balance of different careers that sims are in. But That's 35 households of sims that I'd rather not cycle through. I'm any case, if I have any questions I'll let you know!

• Options
    So I think I installed it correctly, the changes I made to some of the settings have worked, but typing in "get_pop c" as you said only gives me the total population count, I don't get any additional information
  • Options
    So I think I installed it correctly, the changes I made to some of the settings have worked, but typing in "get_pop c" as you said only gives me the total population count, I don't get any additional information

When you first load the game, are you seeing mc_cmd_center in the cc part of the Mods list, and the other ts4script parts under Script Mods? In game, try typing mc_help into the cheat window and let me know what you see. Screenshot would be cool.

Picture of mine, installed:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14361585/#Comment_14361585
  • Options
    yes, when i load my game i get the pop-up that shows mc_cmd_center under cc, and then all the ts4script mods under the script mods section.

here is my mod folder

modsscreen_zpstvrbg44b.png

and what i see when i type in "mc_help"

mcshot_zpswizo87w6.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    I want to see the careers for my sims but I can't since I get the above too
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I just wanted to note that I had uninstalled/reinstalled the mod and it didn't change anything... Still not getting the list of sims careers
  • Options
    I just wanted to note that I had uninstalled/reinstalled the mod and it didn't change anything... Still not getting the list of sims careers

Oh cool... well, not that it still isn't working, but, that you reminded me about this. Apologies, I really do have a terrible memory.

I can't imagine why it isn't working. Your screenshot has the same size files as mine. Should be the same version.

It isn't because "c" isn't shown on the list, it's never been shown on the list. :)

@Deaderpool some insight please?
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    mc_help is just kind of an index of what you can do or get in the mod. It is also an indicator that the mod is installed properly. In your case @Jesf8312 it is. To get the list of careers:
    1. Install the mod propercly
    2. Click on a home-computor and choose MC Command > Other.... > Notifications (or similar I am running with a translation so I cant remember the original wordings anymore). Choose to log messages.
    3. When you are on your homelot (This is important! Neighbourhood screen does NOT work) in your command window type: get_pop c
    4. You will, if done correctly get a number of sims in your population.
    5. To see the careers then exit the game and open the mc command log-file (a txt-file found together with your MC Command files) and have a look!
    6. Voila!
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    mc_help is just kind of an index of what you can do or get in the mod. It is also an indicator that the mod is installed properly. In your case @Jesf8312 it is. To get the list of careers:
    1. Install the mod propercly
    2. Click on a home-computor and choose MC Command > Other.... > Notifications (or similar I am running with a translation so I cant remember the original wordings anymore). Choose to log messages.
    3. When you are on your homelot (This is important! Neighbourhood screen does NOT work) in your command window type: get_pop c
    4. You will, if done correctly get a number of sims in your population.
    5. To see the careers then exit the game and open the mc command log-file (a txt-file found together with your MC Command files) and have a look!
    6. Voila!

Awesome! This worked! Thanks :smile:
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    I play the game in a window so I can open the log fil while the game is running. I then minimize it so I can open the file whenever I like. If the content have changed it will ask you to refresh.