The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No one said we are getting toddlers. Calm down.

The photo with the toddler is just a gift to the CEO and his wife on the birth of their new baby per @SimGuruLyndsay Apparently they have a toddler.
I want toddlers too but lets all just calm down. I knew the forum was going to explode.
I do hope if they ever do add them, they will be as adorable as that one with those big eyes and chubby cheeks.
ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter

Comments

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    They should have told the woman who posted it on social media not to do that. I think they wanted us to see it. Lyndsay has said it was just a render of the guys toddler in real life but it's still given some people hope. Another dangling carrot. As long as we believe they are coming we'll buy Get Together right? Yeah....no.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    its pathetic and unprofessional
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Apparently I wasted my time posting at all.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

No you didn't. My reaction was the same as yours -- oh, a gift. They must have a toddler as well as a new baby. It's a family picture.

It would have been weird had they given a family portrait in Sims 4 style without their entire family.

Hopefully toddlers will come soon -- the sooner the better. But if people take this for evidence, they're most likely going to be very disappointed. Wait for an announcement.

I will say this, though -- the way so many people glomped onto the render hopefully will reinforce that this is something that so many of their fans whom they haven't lost yet still really, really want.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »

No you didn't. My reaction was the same as yours -- oh, a gift. They must have a toddler as well as a new baby. It's a family picture.

It would have been weird had they given a family portrait in Sims 4 style without their entire family.

Hopefully toddlers will come soon -- the sooner the better. But if people take this for evidence, they're most likely going to be very disappointed. Wait for an announcement.

I will say this, though -- the way so many people glomped onto the render hopefully will reinforce that this is something that so many of their fans whom they haven't lost yet still really, really want.

Thank you and maybe it will help us get them.
    I just keep seeing people talking about how they spent their money on this game and didn't get toddlers when we all knew before hand that they weren't included.
    Some act like the people who work for EA/Maxis are not even people same as us who have a life and feeling same as us.
    Thank you again for your reply.

• Options
    ejoslin wrote: »

Professional life and personal life. TWO different things.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    There was no reason to actually develop a toddler for the picture. Whether or not it was crafted only for the sake of the picture or actually rendered is irrelevant. They know we've been wanting toddlers for over a year now... this was simply disrespectful to their fanbase.

I didn't know it was bad manners to make a picture of a toddler in to congratulate their boss with his new baby. I guess i'll have to write down a thoughtful gesture as rude in my book.

Thank you @Gabe_oz

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    My reaction was also the same as yours. However, I don't think it was a prudent choice for the team to make this gift. They have created this mess with how they mishandled communication with fans, and how they continue to do so. They're intelligent folks, they should have known that anything that vaguely refers to toddlers would cause a firestorm. Honestly, how many more times can they be "surprised" at how vehement some players feel? It's like the Keystone Cops for Wright's sake.
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    There was no reason to actually develop a toddler for the picture. Whether or not it was crafted only for the sake of the picture or actually rendered is irrelevant. They know we've been wanting toddlers for over a year now... this was simply disrespectful to their fanbase.

I didn't know it was bad manners to make a picture of a toddler in to congratulate their boss with his new baby. I guess i'll have to write down a thoughtful gesture as rude in my book.

Did i say rude? Mmmm. Nope!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @SimGuruBChick or @SimGuruDrake or whoever is here tonight; Please delete this thread. I would prefer it disappear before people get in trouble here.
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Just saying....It was a brave thing for the CEO to post considering so many of us are looking for toddlers! Now we all know THEY have one. ;)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,004 Member
    It was a very nice gift! And probably a hint as well. We can always believe!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well said, OP :smile:

It was a nice thought for some to think that toddlers are coming but disappointment seems to be a killer around here

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    We can't know for sure. But we can specilatluate
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I think it was a very thoughtful gift. However I feel they knew what was going to happen when people saw that render. Regardless of what's happening as a reaction of the picture, I'm glad someone made such a sweet gesture to that woman. :) that'd be an awesome thing to have, especially if she's a sims fan!
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    I do believe Most people realize it's a render when they read it. All this, "Calm down" stuff is just .... well, not needed.

People will calm down when they're ready. It's not like everyone is running around with real pitchforks.. It will calm down like it always does.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I do believe Most people realize it's a render when they read it. All this, "Calm down" stuff is just .... well, not needed.

People will calm down when they're ready. It's not like everyone is running around with real pitchforks.. It will calm down like it always does.

Irony is that after at least a couple of months of many MANY toddler threads things had calmed dowm.

And they decide to do this.

I would gift the CEO a marketing for dummies book :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Can you make me a plumbob with a custom pitchfork please! <3 I want it to have little red devil horns on the outer tips. ;) I'm feeling particularly wicked tonight.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I thought as much...nice gift though.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I doubt it was meant as disrespect. The Sims team gave their a boss a gift, they probably didn't think his wife would post a picture of it on social media.

I would imagine there are probably a ton more equally interesting images floating around the offices and homes of various EA employees, it has nothing to do with us as customers. Was it a bad decision to put the image on social media? Yes. Was it done with malice? More than likely, no.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

The reason to put the toddler in the picture is because she is part of the RL family. Now mom and dad can show her the pic of their new family. Toddlers are sometimes unsure of things when a new baby comes in to the family. Can you imagine how the little girl would have felt if the sims team did a render of mom, dad and the new baby only?

It would have been very sad for that little girl!
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    This thread is closed per OP's request.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top