Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims don't autounomsly use interactable objects in new packs!!

Can you guys please update this? Why do our sims not use new objects introduced in packs themselves without us making them do it? This will help in making our sims feel more alive.

For example our sims dont use the fabrication machine, the youtube station, juice fizzing, etc. alone. They can only be directed to do this even WITH the traits that should encourage this.

Comments

• Options
    ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    They did use (or test ) the recycle machine on their own . You didn't give some nice examples since all of them need specific ingredients to work . Maybe give some other examples that you think should be autonomously used .
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2021
    @sam123 Sims will not use objects that require funds or ingredients automatically. That is correct. Do you really want to be charged $80 every time your sim decides to start a new cross-stitch as an example. Many players do not want sims to use items that cost money automatically. They already may risk that for Sims ordering things from food stalls or at the bar.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I agree with @NorthDakotaGamer and @Imagebear. These are objects I would not be interested in Sims randomly using at a fund and ingredient cost. Plus, I'd have to regularly clean out their inventories like I do my knitting Sims. (I know I can take it away, and sometimes do, but autonomously they always seem to pick deco instead of clothes I could add to the wadrobe.)

So I am decently satisfied with the autonomy. Mine go out of their way to care for their animals on their own.