May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! My sim's adventure got canceled because she lost an important object?

SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
My sim had an adventure in Egypt called "The second relic" where she was supposed to find the relic of life. She couldn't complete it on her last trip because she ran out of time. Today I sent her back to Egypt, and as soon as she arrives I get a pop-up saying "It's very hard to complete tasks when you keep losing important objects" and the quest is gone. I assume that means she is missing some required object in her inventory, but I have no idea what she lost? Can someone help?

Edit: I think I have a backup save from the last time she was in Egypt, so tomorrow I’ll open it and write down everything in her inventory
Post edited by SeashoreLivia on

Comments

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    A keystone?
    Should you not be able to restart the quest if it has been cancelled?
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited April 2021
    It wasn't a keystone. I put back everything that she had last time she was in Egypt, and I still get the pop-up about losing important objects. It must be glitched.

I checked the adventure board and I can start a new quest, but I want to finish the quest I had before not start a completely different one. I’m going to try using master controller to give her the quest. I’ve never done that before, but read that it’s possible.
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    Some of the quests are glitched. I've had this happen to me a few times with different adventures. It is possible the object is missing from the treasure chest.

I made a video series with walkthroughs of every adventure (I might have missed some minor adventures but did all the tombs) and at the end I had to start a new save twice before I could get my sims into the Nectary tombs. In the end, the problem seemed to be I had them living in a private house. The only time it worked is when I got frustrated and left them at the base camp in France. So you can never always know for sure what is the reason for the failures. they just happen. In this case the adventure started off well but there was a point where they had to travel to Egypt and deliver something and find something else and each time they arrived in Egypt it dropped out and giving them the adventure using Master Controller didn't work as it still dropped out every time. It was so frustrating.

The one failure I suffered that was my fault was in another game years ago when my sim was doing the adventure with a helper second sim and that second sim collected the object they were looking for instead of my sim who had the adventure. That adventure was not able to be completed.