Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I hope we won't be getting an EP that is as bugged as Eco Living was/is.

But in the end, no one can blame EA for releasing unfinished and buggy packs when we're all still buying them.

To my defence, I didn't buy EcoLiving an Batuu.
    But I did buy the Country Kitchen Kit and I'm interested in getting Bust the Dust, so I cannot say EA didn't get plenty of my money.

Eco Lifestyle isn't that buggy. I'd say it's as buggy as almost everything else in TS4 at this point.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I think the patch will drop Thursday and we ll get a Livestream as well.
  • Options
    EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    @83bienchen I understand what you mean but we buy new content cause it's available, no ? 😉 We choose what we buy, I agree. I'm OK to wait a month or two more for less bug. Bust the Dust is almost fixed now, it's really cool !
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

But in the end, no one can blame EA for releasing unfinished and buggy packs when we're all still buying them.

But I did buy the Country Kitchen Kit and I'm interested in getting Bust the Dust, so I cannot say EA didn't get plenty of my money.

Eco Lifestyle isn't that buggy. I'd say it's as buggy as almost everything else in TS4 at this point.

True that! In some ways Eco Lifestyle is a strong pack in terms of assets and gameplay items. Unfortunately it's main features are faulty by design....
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Didn't happen or do you mean next week?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

True that! In some ways Eco Lifestyle is a strong pack in terms of assets and gameplay items. Unfortunately it's main features are faulty by design....

I really like Eco Lifestyle since it is the pack has the most potential to mess with my Sims, since Vampires has been become so toothless
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Didn't happen or do you mean next week?

Next Week.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EpsiPlay wrote: »
    @83bienchen I understand what you mean but we buy new content cause it's available, no ? 😉 We choose what we buy, I agree. I'm OK to wait a month or two more for less bug. Bust the Dust is almost fixed now, it's really cool !

I think Bust the Dust is nowhere near to almost fixed: an overwhelming inspired mood, autonomy super exagerated to the point that it's useless to have a maid: she'll leave the house dirty cause she vacuums non stop even if the house is pristine, and so on... i need 5 mods just to fix this kit. It's super unbalanced.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for your input on Bust the Dust. I'm not okay with the kit concept as it is now, so after I bought the Country Kitchen Kit for my daughter on Easter, I decided to not buy Bust the Dust on full price because two kits are in no way near the content included in one Stuff Pack.

I'll see whether kits go on sale at all.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I figure we will be getting an expansion pack in the mid May to early June range. That seems to be the MO that they have had with past years.
    With May 1st being a week from now, we could see some sort of announcement and patch in the next two weeks if the plan to release by the end of May.

After that, I figure there will be some sort of "virtual EA presentation" around the same time that the virtual E3 happens where we will likely get 3 additional pack announcements (2 game packs and a stuff, unless they announce more due to the whole kits thing). Then probably their usual expansion pack between the Thanksgiving and Christmas time frame.

Again... based on their MO the past few years.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Next Game pack announcement will now likely be August or September. I expect we'll see an EP in June like the last three years and I don't see them putting out a GP the month before, though it's not entirely impossible, just unlikely.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    We'll get a June Expansion Pack, a Stuff Pack in July or August, a Gameplay Pack in September & a November Expansion Pack.
  • Options
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    I figure we will be getting an expansion pack in the mid May to early June range. That seems to be the MO that they have had with past years.
    With May 1st being a week from now, we could see some sort of announcement and patch in the next two weeks if the plan to release by the end of May.

After that, I figure there will be some sort of "virtual EA presentation" around the same time that the virtual E3 happens where we will likely get 3 additional pack announcements (2 game packs and a stuff, unless they announce more due to the whole kits thing). Then probably their usual expansion pack between the Thanksgiving and Christmas time frame.

EA has their own event EA Play. They don't show off stuff at E3 anymore.
  • Options
    FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    Surely it's about time for a new EP before we'll get another GP.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    ghamrick75 wrote: »

EA has their own event EA Play. They don't show off stuff at E3 anymore.

I'm quite aware of that. I did not say their event would be AT or even a part of E3 but around the same time as the virtual E3 event. The "EA Play event in 2019" (not using last year as an example for anything) was around the same time as the 2019 E3. Their 2019 event was on Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9 whereas the 2019 E3 which took place June 11–13, 2019. The dates being that close to one another qualifies as being around the same time as one another.

And since E3 was announced as a "virtual event" several weeks ago (if I recall correct) then I suspect that they will do a "Virtual EA Play presentation" around the same time frame as the virtual E3 event. They may opt not to do their "virtual EA Play" that close to a virtual E3 but them doing so would not surprise me.

I hope that clears up for you what "around the same time" means.
    Cheers.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2021
    Simgurupopcorn just confirmed next GP is to be announced very soon!
    [Old Titantic Lady]: "Its been 84 years!"
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Popcorn mentioned it's right around the corner.

Can someone please remind me what days GPs are usually announced?
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    That might give us some kind of indication about when to expect an announcement.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited April 2021
    Generally they announce GPs two to three weeks before their release, and the trailers usually come out on Tuesdays.

My guess is that the kit will come out next week, and the trailer for the GP in two weeks.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Interesting. A GP in the April-June quarter hasn’t happened since 2017. I wonder what this means for the next EP. Without a roadmap they can really surprise us this year..
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    edited April 2021
    It seems we will have a new Game Pack and a new Kit very soon!

• Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Interesting. A GP in the April-June quarter hasn’t happened since 2017. I wonder what this means for the next EP. Without a roadmap they can really surprise us this year..

Or disappoint us!
  • Options
    Popcorn mentioned it's right around the corner.

Can someone please remind me what days GPs are usually announced?

Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Options

If the GP comes in May the EP could still drop in Late June I'm hoping.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

If the GP comes in May the EP could still drop in Late June I'm hoping.

hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please