The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why isn't the sims 3 included in steam sales?

I was really looking forward to black friday sales to pick up the last few packs I don't own yet, but the sale on steam only include the sims 4. :'(

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Sims 3 hasn't been on sale since Sims 4 was released on Steam. Maybe it's an internal Steam decision, just to try to direct traffic and money to the newer, more profitable game. But part of me wonders whether the deal with EA included a lockout period where Steam couldn't offer Sims 3 on sale. It does seem like the kind of thing EA would do.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    That's a bummer. I got all my packs on Steam sales. They rotate what games are on sale, though, so hopefully next time for you.
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2020
    Weird. I got most of the packs on sale through Steam (except for Ambitions, which was not on sale at the time) for $5 each summer last year.

I can see why--TS3 packs have more substance compared to TS4 packs.
  • Options
    Hal2003Hal2003 Posts: 27 Member
    Its EA decision as prices are set by Developer or Publisher and not by Steam. Even Amazon stoped selling digital copies and only offering limited number of retail copies they have. As i looked at some selling portal that offering cheap keys the prices of Sims 3 franchise doubled due limited retail copies available.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    That sucks, plenty of other games for sale on steam though.
  • Options
    emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 50 Member
    I'm still waiting for a Sims 3 EP sale too! I've seen keys on sale on eBay and also used copies of physical EP on eBay from Goodwill but not sure if those would be actually working prod codes since I play on Origin.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    I'm rather disappointed myself...as I was hoping to catch a good deal on EPs, just in case I have to revert to 1.67. However, I'm at the point where I'm going, "Heck with it, Sims 3 is one game that I'll actually pay full price on...if I have to."

Unlike that other one that they're trying to flog right now which I'm not dropping a single dime on.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't think Origin had any sale for TS3 either. I guess they just want to push TS4 sales more.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Don't want to cannibalize it's younger sibling.
    ihavemultiplegamertags