Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Hints For Bands?

So there is already speculation that stages may be related to performing bands. Now, maybe it's just my game, but music instruments have been popping up in all kinds of weird places in my game. Tonight, one replaced the product that actor Sims show off during one of their gigs. In this picture, the second guitar on the pedestal used to be a bottle of laundry detergent or something.

50596337301_799550b916_c.jpg

Maybe I'm just doing some wishful thinking, but this seems strange to me.
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i want a band expansion so badly, lots of different instruments, the ability to join a rock band or even like a traditional band
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    So do I! I would love it if the system were flexible enough to even include things like a capella choirs and orchestras. And I’m dying for saxophones, drums, and cellos.
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I have a feeling its gonna be the stuff pack
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Live band performances at bars and lounges (on their new raised platform stages)? Yes please! :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    I have a feeling its gonna be the stuff pack

I kind of hope it isn’t. If it’s a gamepack instead, it could include a lot more and go deeper. But I’ll take whatever I can get! :)

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    My dream for this would be "Sims 4: On Tour" either gamepack or Expansion pack, with bands and cars, and the world maybe being not so much one large world, but three smaller ones, one with a bar (with stage) one with a variant on the Nightclub lot type, and one with an "arena" lot type, so you can play progressively larger venues.

Obviously, if it's a game pack, it wouldn't come with three neighborhood sized worlds, just one neighborhood type world that was some sort of stopover town (Think Strangerville, but without the strange - and maybe not American Southwest in feel)

(Okay, what I'd really like is a selection of single lots you progress through like Rock Band's World Tour mode, but I think I can safely say I'm alone on wanting a world like that.)
  • Options
    I like your idea of having a bar, a nightclub, and an arena. It would be fun to progress through those levels.

I definitely wouldn't mind another Strangerville-sized world. I really enjoy Strangerville. I think it would be cool if the world were based on London.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    That's... Such a weird change and nothing is implemented without a purpose in this game so yeah, at least one of the future GP or EP is related to music.
    Bands should have been implemented in Get Famous though. I wonder how a band system could work without a fame system.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    As much as people want bands I wish for updated dancing,ballet and dance groups with boy bands!
    But I'll take this too 👀 lol
    It's a big possibilty. They even changed the stage in sanmyshuno from foundation to a platform according to some people. I didnt check.
    The one that come in the lounge or bar lot.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    As much as people want bands I wish for updated dancing,ballet and dance groups with boy bands!
    It's a big possibilty. They even changed the stage in sanmyshuno from foundation to a platform according to some people. I didnt check.

Oh, yes. I'd like updated dancing too. Ballet would be lovely (so that mods are not necessary). But also two Sims slow-dancing!

But I also want more instruments. Drums, for instance. Bass guitar and standing bass. Bands would be nice, as would the option for having a quartet who could do music from the past. (Not that I'd need to *hear* it. I play with all the sounds and music turned off.)
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    I would like a music pack even if it's not band. I just want more music instruments like african instruments such as drums, djembé, Shekeres, Balafons, Valiha. Of course more western music intruments too (Harps and drums, bass, saxophone, trumpets, accordion) And Asian ones (Ehru, Guzheng, Dholak/Bhajan Nal, Sarangi)...I definitely want more music instruments.
  • Options

I’m hoping we get bands and dancing in one pack! 🙂
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing how SimGuruGraham mentioned the platforms could be used as stages and the April survey that had bands as a option the next expansion or game pack could easily be bands.

Here's what the survey had so this is what we would get...

Bands
    Go solo or build your own super group, find your style perform your way from YouTube celebrity to sold out stadiums.
    Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands and the needs of adoring fans.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see how EA would do stadiums! I wonder if they would just be rabbitholes or whether we could build our own.
  • Options
    skrattarinaskrattarina Posts: 3 New Member
    Let them play music TOGETHER with drum and bass - like sims 3
  • Options
    Let them play music TOGETHER with drum and bass - like sims 3

I hope for this so much!
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I like your idea of having a bar, a nightclub, and an arena. It would be fun to progress through those levels.

I definitely wouldn't mind another Strangerville-sized world. I really enjoy Strangerville. I think it would be cool if the world were based on London.

Yessss no better place to gig than in London :D
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Out of curiosity has there always been a band on the comedy tv channel ? Never noticed it til now if so ... there is
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I really hope if they do bands they include the singer this time. Always been my biggest gripe about bands in this series.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really hope if they do bands they include the singer this time. Always been my biggest gripe about bands in this series.
    Bands without the option of a singer would be horrible
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    I agree that a singer career is a must have! It would be great if it had more than one track, to accommodate Sims who want to be pop stars or operatic singers, for example.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    The irony... you guys dreaming of bands and saxophones, and here I sit playing my game with no sounds at all for the 5th day... ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    The irony... you guys dreaming of bands and saxophones, and here I sit playing my game with no sounds at all for the 5th day... ;)

That's not fair! Hopefully you'll be able to play with sound soon. Did you download today's patch?

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

Did you try playing offline? This seemed to do the trick for me, no crashes whatsoever since I've been playing offline, did not have to disable sound.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Did you try playing offline? This seemed to do the trick for me, no crashes whatsoever since I've been playing offline, did not have to disable sound.

I always play offline, but game crashed anyway after the patch. I'm fine though, I've been building and planning some blog updates while listening to non-game music :)
    Rouensims wrote: »
    That's not fair! Hopefully you'll be able to play with sound soon. Did you download today's patch?

I'll give any new patch a day before I grab it, I'll just void playing any musicians while I wait :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg