Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Snowy Escape

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Didn't see one of these so I'm adding one. We got a lot of info from the Livestream and Gamechangers yesterday.

Did You Know?

There is a Frozen Waterfall in the snowy part of the world

You can get Thundersnow in the mountain region

Simmers who don't have seasons will still get Icy Conditions,Blizzards and Thundersnow

When your sim uses the gondelas you see them go in the rabbithole building. The door opens then shuts then your teleported.

The train is unfortuanly set dressing.

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Did you know...

- Sims can take their pet dogs on a walk through the hiking trails.
    - You can leave gifts (and bow) at some of the tombstones in the graveyard during the festival of lights.
    - The festival of lights has paper lanterns everywhere throughout Senbamachi, including the hiking trails and graveyard/tombstones.
    - Taking a quick shower to rinse off body sweat/dirt/dead skin cells before getting into a public hot spring is a common practice (and usually mandatory) around the world, not just Japan. It's also a common courtesy to do so before getting into a public swimming pool too.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Did You Know?

1)There is a new aquarium coming with Snowy Escape. It's not too small and not too big.
    2)One of the districts has a waterfall in a Maxis made Hot Spring Waterway
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I dont have a ‘did you know’ but I’m hoping it’s answered. What happens if a sim doesn’t shower before using the entering the hot spring?
  • Options
    I dont have a ‘did you know’ but I’m hoping it’s answered. What happens if a sim doesn’t shower before using the entering the hot spring?

They get embarrassed and other sims look at them weird.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ooh. That's a fact I like.
    According to this article from The Sims Community, the indoor footwear rules can also be set with shoe racks (the decoration item that comes with the base game). So you don't need a big sign to say no shoes allowed. You may just have a shoe rack and it will do the same job.

That makes me think actually: will indoor footwear rules come with an update? Only time will tell I guess.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    So much going on I can barely catch up. That's what I get for staying away for a few days, I guess. I really like the fact you can take doggos along on hikes. I will probably have a lot of Sims hiking. Guru Graham stated in the live stream that the hikes won't always be the same. We can expect different events to happen. I like that small touch. I am very curious about the different wildlife that might be lurking around. I know we'll have various types of bugs to contend with, but I am hoping for other wildlife as well. Different birds maybe? New feathers to collect?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    You can practice rock climbing with the wall climbing machine from the Fitness Stuff pack, the hidden skill from that pack will carry over to this pack.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I though so. I got my new caster lady to practice her rock climbing with the machine to be ready for her Winter vacation.
  • Options
    Did You Know?

Proper sims can court
    Koi will be fishable
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Sims get a Thundersnow Moodlet. The moodlet is called Squall of Wonder. I recommend clicking on the picture then it takes you to Twitter and click on it again for the whole picture.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Do we know if people with Seasons and SE can have the thundersnow weather in other places aside from the mountain?
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Do we know if people with Seasons and SE can have the thundersnow weather in other places aside from the mountain?

I've asked Graham and George on Twitter and haven't got an answer. I'm going to assume we can with the weather machine but we won't know until the Game Changers get their hands on the game next week once the embargo lifts. Right now they just have an early build with base game only.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »

I've asked Graham and George on Twitter and haven't got an answer. I'm going to assume we can with the weather machine but we won't know until the Game Changers get their hands on the game next week once the embargo lifts. Right now they just have an early build with base game only.

Here's hoping, then!
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2020
    I know this thread is for SE but I literally just learned there is a hidden skill connected to the aqua zip in IL. I feel a little stupid now,lol
    Post edited by deedles64 on
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Did You Know?

Proper sims can court
    Koi will be fishable

What's a proper sim?
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Did You Know?

Proper sims can court
    Koi will be fishable

What's a proper sim?

It's a new trait.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    But my sims get koi from fishing normally...
  • Options
    But my sims get koi from fishing normally...

You ll be able to add them to fountains.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Simmers who don't have seasons will still get Icy Conditions,Blizzards and Thundersnow

Ok honestly I'm not a fan of them adding weather conditions with the pack, I don't mind snow being on the ground but weather conditions is literally one of the main features of seasons.....
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Ok honestly I'm not a fan of them adding weather conditions with the pack, I don't mind snow being on the ground but weather conditions is literally one of the main features of seasons.....

Actually, thing that is thundersnow actually exists in the game files of Seasons, though to get it, you'll need to use a cheat (and to be able to use the cheat, you'll need TwistedMexi's All-Cheats mod).
  • Options

In this pack if you don't have Seasons those conditions are limited to the mountain. No other worlds will get them.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

In this pack if you don't have Seasons those conditions are limited to the mountain. No other worlds will get them.

That doesn't change anything though, it's still a seasons feature being taken out and put into another pack.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

That doesn't change anything though, it's still a seasons feature being taken out and put into another pack.

That's not too bad in a way. If you want to escape the heat, you know for sure that there is snow in Mt. Komorebi. It rains a lot in may game and I would love to know that if I go to another neighbourhood I am guaranteed to find sunny weather. I think we need some sort of advance weather forecast for all worlds.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

That's not too bad in a way. If you want to escape the heat, you know for sure that there is snow in Mt. Komorebi. It rains a lot in may game and I would love to know that if I go to another neighbourhood I am guaranteed to find sunny weather. I think we need some sort of advance weather forecast for all worlds.

Yes sims can leave their hot summer town and go on a cold winter vacation. l like that.