Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifestyles and Sentiments?

It sounds like our sims might actually have some more depth and personality. I hope they truly feel unique with this system.

(read the last point)

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/expansion-packs/the-sims-4-snowy-escape

Comments

• Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I'm really excited about this!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I got that too, I'm hoping that they will go into more detail on this in the livestream for Snowy Escape. I'm mainly curious to see how this new system will affect the current traits. Traits like the good trait, evil trait, and the mean trait. I'm wondering how will this new system change these traits. Or will it even have any affect on them at all.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I got that too, I'm hoping that they will go into more detail on this in the livestream for Snowy Escape. I'm mainly curious to see how this new system will affect the current traits. Traits like the good trait, evil trait, and the mean trait. I'm wondering how will this new system change these traits. Or will it even have any affect on them at all.

I'm hoping we get an update to traits, whims, and aspirations as well.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

I'm hoping we get an update to traits, whims, and aspirations as well.
    If we do get an update to the traits. Then we'll know soon enough because they will update the game around the time that they release Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    What exactly does "UNLOCK new personality and relationship effects"? So, does that mean it's goal oriented? Our sims will have to accomplish something in order to have these effects in the game?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,520 Member
    What exactly does "UNLOCK new personality and relationship effects"? So, does that mean it's goal oriented? Our sims will have to accomplish something in order to have these effects in the game?

I think that the traits and actions of the Sim determine which type is unlocked and the behaviors that go with it. If it truly does change Sim behaviors, then different animations and autonomy would fall under each type, so your Sim doesn't get everything, they only unlock one type of Lifestyle, which dictates what they like to do based on their previous choices.

I hope that made sense, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    @LiELF Yes, that makes sense, and that's better than what I what I was thinking. I was picturing it like a "goal' type of thing you had to reach before you ever got the benefit of it. So, that's good if it is indeed like that.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I just hope it's part of the patch that everybody gets and not just related to this pack.

If it's just with this pack, what happens when you leave Mt. Komorebi and go home? Does you sim forget everything? Do they suddenly remember everything if the return to Mt. Komorebi? I really hope it's a patch feature.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I hope that sentiments does involve some kind of memory system, I loved that so much. Like if someone became a grandparent they would have that as a sentiment.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited October 2020
    I had this bug in my game, I think it could be somehow related. "Life skill" was flashing in the place where the fame normally shows. I took a screenie but now can't find it. It is reported on the answers HQ though, there's a picture too:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Life-Skill-Instead-of-Celebrity/m-p/9510990/highlight/true#M156872
    Maybe the system is somehow similar to the fame system?

Edit: found my screenie
    3AkbPWm.png

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I think that the traits and actions of the Sim determine which type is unlocked and the behaviors that go with it. If it truly does change Sim behaviors, then different animations and autonomy would fall under each type, so your Sim doesn't get everything, they only unlock one type of Lifestyle, which dictates what they like to do based on their previous choices.

I hope that made sense, lol.

I'm really hoping that this is how it works! If so, they can have my money, I've wanted something like this since forever.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    @musteni Huh. One of my sims has that glitch too and I had no idea what was causing it. Couldn't even find it online. Glad to know I didn't corrupt my game with mods after all. :D For me it wasn't the fame bar though, it was reputation.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I had this bug in my game, I think it could be somehow related. "Life skill" was flashing in the place where the fame normally shows. I took a screenie but now can't find it. It is reported on the answers HQ though, there's a picture too:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Life-Skill-Instead-of-Celebrity/m-p/9510990/highlight/true#M156872

That's interesting! I never saw this in my game. Seems like a way to sum up how "wise" a sim is from life experiences? Might just be adding to the score when experiencing something extreme - good or bad - perhaps as simple as from reaching the "Very ..." level of any emotion?

I hope the sentiments thing is a bit more complex and allows us to decide which of those 16 types we want for each sim. I'd hate it if the game throw random personality to sims I played for 6 years already. I know those sims better than EA does ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 764 Member
    I'm going to keep my hopes down. I had very high hopes for NAPS, and I have it disabled in my game.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member

That's interesting! I never saw this in my game. Seems like a way to sum up how "wise" a sim is from life experiences? Might just be adding to the score when experiencing something extreme - good or bad - perhaps as simple as from reaching the "Very ..." level of any emotion?

I hope the sentiments thing is a bit more complex and allows us to decide which of those 16 types we want for each sim. I'd hate it if the game throw random personality to sims I played for 6 years already. I know those sims better than EA does ;)

I agree. Some of the fame quirks are so grindy to get and I know I would be guarding my sims so strictly over what they do so they don't end up with wrong sentiments. I will take any improvement to personalities, but there's still hope the system is better than what Get Famous had. I still like the idea that sims may gradually gain the access to those sentiments, maybe by gathering life skill.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member

I agree. Some of the fame quirks are so grindy to get and I know I would be guarding my sims so strictly over what they do so they don't end up with wrong sentiments. I will take any improvement to personalities, but there's still hope the system is better than what Get Famous had. I still like the idea that sims may gradually gain the access to those sentiments, maybe by gathering life skill.

Ah, I was seeing the sentiments as static, but you must be right, they should be developing through life, at least until reaching Young Adult. In RL it's not very common that such things change a lot through adult life. And I also think avoiding ever changing sentiments based on every little activity would reduce game lag on the older computers, and not really add anything but confusion to the game play...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    im interested in what it will be like. i really hope it adds some depth to the game. so far im excited about this new feature. i cant wait to see how it works in the game.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this will work & hope they show this in the livestream. I'm curious how this new system will affect some of the more 'negative' traits such as evil, mean, etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sims will react more to situations.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I'm going to keep my hopes down. I had very high hopes for NAPS, and I have it disabled in my game.

That’s true, they seemed like they were going to be great but most people seem to dislike them. But hopefully this will be different
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I really hope an update to emotions, whims, aspirations and traits is coming as well. All these systems if improved can make TS4 the best Sims game ever.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I just hope it's part of the patch that everybody gets and not just related to this pack.

If it's just with this pack, what happens when you leave Mt. Komorebi and go home? Does you sim forget everything? Do they suddenly remember everything if the return to Mt. Komorebi? I really hope it's a patch feature.

The problem is that you shouldn’t have to go Mt. Komorebi at all to get a lifestyle update.

I’m really worried that these lifestyles are just going to be related to this snow pack and not at all a personality update like we think.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020

I hope so too. I have a feeling, though, that if it's tied to the pack, no matter what, people are going to be angry. It will also probably be buggy (though I hope not). I have a feeling that anyone who's expecting a fundamental change to the sims and they way they act and interact are going to be disappointed.

I'm keeping my expectations in check. I'm looking forward to the live stream and seeing how it actually works.

Edit: Ever quote the wrong person? Yeah, that's what I changed in this edit.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

I hope so too. I have a feeling, though, that if it's tied to the pack, no matter what, people are going to be angry. It will also probably be buggy (though I hope not). I have a feeling that anyone who's expecting a fundamental change to the sims and they way they act and interact are going to be disappointed.

I'm keeping my expectations in check. I'm looking forward to the live stream and seeing how it actually works.

Edit: Ever quote the wrong person? Yeah, that's what I changed in this edit.

It's not really a sims personality overhaul if it only affects sims in one world. It needs to be in the pre-patch.