The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim is unroutable at work

SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 835 Member
My sim lives in Bridgeport and works in law enforcement at the public services office. Every day when she goes to work after a few hours I get a pop up that an unroutable sim was found and it lists my sim's name. Then she gets teleported to her apartment lobby and just stands there for the rest of her shift and then at the end of the day she teleports back to the work location to then walk home. I've read that Bridgeport has some routing issues, but I don't understand how my sim is unroutable when she's in a rabbit hole. Does this mean there is a problem with my game or is it okay?

I have some nraas mods: error trap, overwatch, master controller, retuner, and saver.
Post edited by SeashoreLivia on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It's often difficult to tell when it's Overwatch or the game itself that is detecting unroutable sims and resetting them. But if it's OW, the solution is to let the detection happen but not the auto-reset thus usually letting the player decide for themselves if the reset part is needed or not. That's a good practice anyway, because it's impossible to tell what a sim is complaining about if they have already been reset to their home lot by the time the player gets the notification.

NRaas > OW > Settings > Stuck Check > True
    NRaas > OW > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset > False

It's possible that your sim is leaving or trying to leave work early when this happens so they are no longer really in the rabbithole, but it would help if you could see where exactly they are located when the unroutable message comes in and what might be in their action queue.

Bridgeport does have some breaks in the world lot and EllaCharmed's fixed version of the world can help address those. But it's not a great idea to install her fixes and hope that they help an ongoing game that's already being played, they are really meant to be in place from the beginning. Adding NRaas GoHere to the mix might help improve things though, as it injects its own less fragile version of world lot routing into the game and nothing needs to be started over. Plus it's totally removable if it turns out to not be helpful or the player doesn't like it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I turned off auto reset and this time I clicked on her picture when the notification popped up. It just takes me to the middle of the rabbit hole building. She doesn’t have any actions queued up either. At least she stayed at work and isn’t standing at home anymore.
  • Options
    She doesn’t have any actions queued up either. At least she stayed at work and isn’t standing at home anymore.
    Does that mean she is no longer working, or rather that is the only action staying in her queue? :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    She doesn’t have any actions queued up either. At least she stayed at work and isn’t standing at home anymore.
    Does that mean she is no longer working, or rather that is the only action staying in her queue? :)

She only has work in her queue.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Okay phew, that's a good sign then. I don't know why OW doesn't like that particular combo rabbithole lot then, there were fixes for the combo lots put into place generally but that was years ago now. But the mod does kick up false positives in many cases so if switching off the auto-resets fixing things, then all should be well (or at least better).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    an update: I added nraas traveler and go here and I didn’t get the unroutable pop up last time my sim was at work. So I think the mods helped. I got traveler too because I’m having a lot of fun with world adventures and I read it would help prevent glitches.

Thanks igazor for helping me!