The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to: Water Pump on off-the-grid lots

Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
Like many others I was really frustrated, when I found out that even though the water pump was announced as a possible source for water collection, it is not available in debug build mode. But after some testing I found a solution to the problem.

Since the water pump is not part of the normal debug items, its rules are a bit different. For one, it cannot be moved around like other items and it also cannot be included in rooms to upload. The only way to "transport" it between lots is by saving the whole lot. Then it is included and functional.

I made 20x15 lot, that contains nothing but the water pump. It can be found here on the gallery
I also have a finished off-the-grid lot, which includes the pump, if you want to test how it works. Link

waterpump.png

There are two ways to use it. If you don't want to use any mods, you have to place the water pump first. Then you can move it around by moving the whole lot around, until it is where you want it.
If you don't mind using mods or want to place it in an existing lot, you have to use the T.O.O.L. mod by TwistedMexi to move it around. To place it in an existing lot, just place it in an adjoining lot and then move it over from there.

Comments

• Options
    plantasimplantasim Posts: 28 Member
    thank you !!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited June 2020
    How did you get the pump to put on the lot in the first place?
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    I had to use the T.O.O.L. mod to do so, it allows you to pick up items outside your active lot. But once it is on a lot it can be saved with the lot and moved with it. At least that much is possible without having to use a mod.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Thank you. I did figure it out finally. I didn't realize you had put it on an empty lot first or that you could do that with a mod.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg