Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    Adelin4504Adelin4504 Posts: 17 Member
    > I'm playing on a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB, and a Quad Core i7 2.3 GHz.
    > The version is the new 64 bit one.

Oh, and I have Big Sur installed.
  • Options
    I played around with the resolution of the game and the one of the desktop. It still does the screen tearing.
    I can remember, that on Windows you could limit the FPS. I think it's not possible on Mac, which makes it unplayable for me.

Or is the OS the problem? Maybe it works better with Catalina?
  • Options
    bibi2011brecelbibi2011brecel Posts: 7 New Member
    @puzzlezaddict As I looked up the graphicsrules.srg I noticed that I must have forgotten to change the "8800" to "GTX 1660", even tho I could swear that I did it...
    However, now that it's really changed, the deviceConfig finally says "found: 1, matched: 1". So, that problem is now solved.
    I also looked up the fps, most of the time it's 59. While playing for a while, I noticed that the game is way smoother than before.
  • Options
    Also, I have another little question: Right now I'm owning (and also playing oc) almost every Sims 3 expansion, except for generations and late night. I've heard a lot of warnings that the game isn't well playable with all packs. But I would really like to buy the last ones also... Is it true that you rather shouldn't play with all packs?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Adelin4504 - Sorry you are still getting the screen tears. We'll need someone with more feedback from players on Big Sur to comment on that. Sometimes we have to set out fresh catnip to get her attention, but I'm fresh out and I'm sure she will be along shortly (or you can find what others are reporting on the TS3 for Mac section of Answers.HQ).

Running at 70 fps with a refresh rate of 60 Hz shouldn't be causing overheating, it's not that much of an overrun. Running fps in the high hundreds or thousands and wildly fluctuating all over the place would be a different matter. But quite likely something else is happening there. I'm sorry to have to put it quite this way, but the just released 64-bit Mac version is a mess. Given that I have Windows by way of Bootcamp on my Macs and thus still have a choice, I would never want to play the Mac version "for real" as there are just too many things wrong with it right now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @bibi2011brecel - You are already running the four EPs with the heaviest load. Those would be Pets, Seasons, IP, and ITF. Gen and LN are on the much lower end of things. There is nothing wrong with running all packs if you have a system strong enough to carry them.

The generic warning that the Launcher displays for those on Patch 1.69 is something that everyone sees. It's nonsense, again for those with strong enough systems, and there should be a way to dismiss that message with "Stop showing me this" or the equivalent.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor good to know, thanks for your answer!
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    As tempting as catnip would be right now, I think I'm still stuffed from Thursday, so it's just as well no one thought to bring any.

@Adelin4504 Unfortunately, there's no good solution to the screen tearing issue, at least not right now. The game does that for most of us, on most configurations with most combinations of settings and resolutions. A few people have reported that changing resolutions has helped somewhat, but more have reported that it hasn't. You could also try switching between fullscreen and windowed modes, again at different in-game resolutions.

The fastest way to bring down framerates is to increase the graphics settings, as in, make the GPU work harder to render each frame, and it will produce fewer of them per second. The simplest way to do that is to increase the in-game resolution a bit. Bringing fps down to under the refresh rate of the monitor (60 Hz in your case) can help with screen tearing in many cases, although probably not in this one from the reports we've seen.

As far as the high fps itself, it's not really an issue for Macs the way it is for Windows PCs. MacOS is very good at limiting the strain on the hardware and preventing overheating, so you're not risking damaging your computer by playing at 70 fps. I don't know of any tool to force vertical sync or otherwise limit framerates in macOS though, sorry.
  • Options
    Thank you both for your answers! I will try your solutions.
  • Options
    ConwayConway Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Conway said:
    > Hello All, I recently began experiencing an issue with "Export a Sim" with CC and without. I tried to export a lot and it failed again. I exported 4 in a row and it suddenly began failing and I have been unable to do so since.
    >
    > I copy/pasted my game save and went in fresh and it still won't export. Anyone else having this issue as of late?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

Bump!
  • Options
    vaporvawevaporvawe Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought Hidden springs with simpoints at the sims 3 store. When I had it downloaded I pressed install. I waited for it to install and a message popped up saying "install failed for it, make sure that you have the latest updates" I have not been messaged about any new updates. What should I do?
  • Options
    MadelinStarSingerMadelinStarSinger Posts: 2 New Member
    I purchased the Prism Art Studio ages ago but recently, I discovered I can no longer access the jewelry that you make with the glassblowing station. I can MAKE the jewelry, but if I try to wear it, nothing happens, and it doesn't show up at all in CAS. Has anyone ever had this issue before or know how to fix it?
  • Options
    CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    Question about university. I am at my 5th generation and sent a young adult to university. Going at the meet and greet session on the first day there were full of teenage sims there. Is this a glitch ? I thought teens could not go to university and I’ve never seen any before this. The only mods I have are all nraas, master control, overwatch, error trap and traveller.
  • Options
    D3mattD3matt Posts: 4 New Member
    I am unable to log in to my Origin account in either the launcher or the game. The launcher just pops the login screen up over and over with no errors after I put in my password. The game tells me my email or password is incorrect. I'm pasting it out of my password manager and I am 100% positive it's correct as I was able to log in to Origin without any issues. I suspect this is related to MFA since the game predates MFA requirements on Origin. Any help?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @D3matt - The issue may be far less sophisticated than that. The game and the Launcher still use the resources of Internet Explorer to manage certain things, and IE's caches and cookies far too easily get clogged up with stale or bad data. What brings relief to most players unable to login is to clear the IE cache and cookies, being sure to deselect the option to retain data for Favorites. It must be IE, not other browsers. Even if you never use it yourself, IE is always in there someplace on all Windows installs.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=15141

The second thing if that doesn't do it is try changing your password, being sure to use only uses letters and numbers, no special characters.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @Coriandre - That's one I'm afraid I've never seen reported before. You are certain these are teens and not young looking YAs? Technically teens can be Uni students if the option is unlocked using NRaas Traveler, but that applies to the actively played household/group of sims at Uni World, not everyone else.

The demographics of Uni World does not favor teens (or children and younger), there are no schools for example unless the player places some. And by default, sims aren't typically making babies there who would later grow up into teens so it's kind of mystery as to where they would have come from. Are they really Uni students or just kind of hanging out on campus? (MC Status reports should reveal some information about them)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor thank you for your reply. They are teens. They are shorter and no romantic interaction is possible. I also checked in MC age and it lists 7 teenagers (along with 52 elders with only a few adults and young adults.......geriatrics university). I did not unlock the option in traveller and my teen sim at home was not eligible to go. What would you like me to check in status report as I never used this. I have a save before going to university and could resort back to this if you feel that this is a corrupt sequence.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @Coriandre - This sounds interesting, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of corruption just yet. I would check their career, personal, really any of the status reports on MC individually and now that I think about it their family trees. That should tell you if they are Uni Students (which would be really odd) or homeless NPC babysitters. I can't think of why else teens would even be in Uni World unless maybe local sims had been impregnated on a prior term there and these teens are the resulting offspring, of course older now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor - I checked the status. They are all unemployed and have no school. They all lives in houses (not all the same one) with other adults and they have the normal 4 traits for their age and their age vary (all teens though). They do have a family tree and the parents in each case is an original character from University like Sarah Mahoney and Nina Simons for example. The parents also all show as married.

On a separate note, my daughter in her game is stuck on an infinite baby loop. She goes in the hospital and you choose the babies traits. She then gets a series of error trap report on the babies name. The mother comes out of the hospital in maternity clothes and round belly and goes right back in to have an other baby and this is stuck in an endless loop. Resetsim does not fix this. Having the baby at home does not change the loop happening at home. She tried going to a previous save before she was pregnant and getting pregnant again but the birth still loops. Tried controlling an other house while she was giving birth and this worked but now error trap just keeps reseting the baby every couple of hours. I did a lot of research on this and found that you mentioned in a 2015 thread on steam that woohooer fixes this. Will just installing this fix the issue or are there functionalities that must be used in this mod.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @Coriandre - We're not actually allowed to discuss that mod here due other things it does being considered mature content. But yes, the mere presence of it should stop the infinite birth looping. You could also bring the issue to us at NRaas if it persists.

It sounds like those teens do belong in Uni World then. As local resident sims, unless you've added some rabbithole buildings there wouldn't be any places for them to work or go to school, and no City Hall for them to be registered as self-employed.

You can decide whether to make the town nicer for teens to grow up in, move the families out to other worlds (there are various ways to do that), or essentially ignore them. Still not sure why they would be hanging around a campus student union Meet & Greet, that was the part that was confusing me at first, but from the sound of it there wouldn't be much else fun or constructive for them to do in town around midday on a Sunday either. And maybe they each dream of going to Uni some day? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @D3matt - The issue may be far less sophisticated than that. The game and the Launcher still use the resources of Internet Explorer to manage certain things, and IE's caches and cookies far too easily get clogged up with stale or bad data. What brings relief to most players unable to login is to clear the IE cache and cookies, being sure to deselect the option to retain data for Favorites. It must be IE, not other browsers. Even if you never use it yourself, IE is always in there someplace on all Windows installs.
    > https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=15141
    >
    > The second thing if that doesn't do it is try changing your password, being sure to use only uses letters and numbers, no special characters.

I have cleared the IE cache and cookies already. I have not tried changing my password... Are you seriously telling me that The Sims 3 doesn't support non-alphanumeric passwords? Because, uh... Wow. I think I'll just stick to playing offline in that's the case
  • Options
    D3matt wrote: »
    Are you seriously telling me that The Sims 3 doesn't support non-alphanumeric passwords? Because, uh... Wow. I think I'll just stick to playing offline in that's the case
    I don't think there is any official lack of support for them. We just know that certain symbols (not sure which ones) seem to cause problems and players have found relief by not using them admittedly at the expense of their passwords then being a bit less strong.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    EquestrianSwimEquestrianSwim Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, so if I'm in the wrong, place for this, tell me. For ts3 my sims keeps letting their horse out of the stall. Any way to stop this? Mods?
  • Options
    @igazor Thank you for your help and insight. For university, I will just ignore the teens. I did not think that university folks could have children. It’s also quite weird to go to keg parties where everyone walks with a cane !

For the baby loop problem, I did install the W mod. It did not fix the problem though. What now happens is that the baby is born and the mother goes back home still pregnant. The baby does appear on the left hand panel but is unclickable. If you bring the mother back to the hospital she just stays stuck there and never exits the hospital. I will take this to the nraas site and will use the same user name.
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > I don't think there is any official lack of support for them. We just know that certain symbols (not sure which ones) seem to cause problems and players have found relief by not using them admittedly at the expense of their passwords then being a bit less strong.

I actually just looked and I guess my password for Origin doesn't have special characters anyway. Are there also any known length issues with TS3?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top