Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kitchen Counters

Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
I hope I can explain this, but how does one access the various add-on counters that don't show up under the 'Surfaces' heading? I have been trying to find the rattan end counters in my game since Island Living and haven't had much luck. I was playing around in buy mode today and by accident (because I had no idea this option was available) a variety of counters in different shapes showed up, briefly, in what looked like a drawing. I have no idea what I did to access this and can't figure out why it popped up. Let's just say I am feeling a bit stupid because I have been building a lot in Sims4 and this is the first time I have ever seen that display. I saw many different shapes that I would really like to use.

Comments

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Little box that says autocounters or something like that. Change it to off and click on the counter you want to buy. Selection should pop up. The little box is in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • Options
    I tried that and all I get are the different color choices. Oh wait, do I need to click on the counter before I actually purchase then place it? Thank you for responding so quickly. <3
  • Options
    Yes you turn auto counters off first then pick a counter. It drove me nuts for MONTHS before I figured it out.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. LOL I did it by accident and cannot figure out how I did it! So you just don't place the counter before activating the design tool?
  • Options
    Yes. The choices are when you buy. You can't get them when you use the design tool from the top of the screen.
  • Options
    Reloading game and taking another shot at it. :D
  • Options
    On a phone so I can't show you. Maybe someone on their computer will come in here with pictures.
  • Options
    Yay!! It finally worked. And, by the way, who was the genius that thought this was a good way to do it this way? All of those should show up under miscellaneous surfaces rather than being hidden. Good grief. LOL Thanks so much @JACKIEJOY <3
  • Options
    You are very welcome. Glad could help.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,907 Member
    I was wondering how people did it too, then one day I clicked on a counter to select a swatch and......” wait! Whaaaaaat ?! I could have used that the whole time ?!”

They should make it more obvious.