Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hourglass Legacy Saga. RETURNS!!!

Comments

• Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just posted a Big Announcement!!! on the The Hourglass site. Please check it out and I would like to hear everyone's opinion.
    Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on
  • Options
    OKay gang I decided to use The Sims as a sort of testing ground for the Graphic Novel I will be writing Featuring the cast of The Hourglass. When I first began The Hourglass I was very new to the world of CC and SimLit. So now with the knowledge I have acquired I will be doing a prequel/reboot of the series. It will begin three years before the events of Blue Hearts began. Its focus at least in the first three parts will be Garret's rise through the Outfit. While it will have some similarities, this saga will not follow the same continuity of the original story, however we will see several of the same characters and situation but with a different twist. The series, instead of being divided into Generations, will be divided into seasons. Giving us a chance to delve even deeper into the characters and the story. In this new saga we will see the old gang from The Hourglass as well as some new characters, and one very special character who will be a recurring presence, everyone's favorite anti-hero/Mafioso, and lover, Tony "Meatball" Corleonsi and the Salvatore Family, who have graced many storied from The Heffner Legacy by @Maladi777 to Day & Knight by @pammiechick among many others. I will post a link to the new site once I get it set up.

I hope you guys will like this. This series will be reformatted and rewritten as a graphic novel (to some extent) so I really want everyone's feedback. Let me know what you guys think and don't hesitate to tell me if there is something you are not sure about.

Just a quick note though. The Graphic Novel version of this story I will plan to get published will not include other people's characters unless I get written permission to use them. I will only use them in the SimLit.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I like the graphic novel format. Looking forward to it (and yet another saga with the infamous Meatball. >:)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick thank you, I really enjoyed the first Gen of Knight and Day, I haven't gotten a chance to get on Gen Two yet. The comic will be a bit different than what I will be writing for obvious reasons. But I will make sure to post a link so all my Simming friends can read it.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @pammiechick thank you, I really enjoyed the first Gen of Knight and Day, I haven't gotten a chance to get on Gen Two yet. The comic will be a bit different than what I will be writing for obvious reasons. But I will make sure to post a link so all my Simming friends can read it.

Sounds good. Very interested! (And so glad you liked Alex’s gen of D & K!) :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm looking forward to this. I'm really excited about the graphic novel format and curious what mood you'll go for. I love me some mafiosi in simlit anytime! Fingers crossed!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    @Maladi777 Thank you. Comics are my first love so I am really looking forward to doing it. The Graphic Novel wont be the simslit though, the simlit is more or less just a version of the same story with Sim characters. In the graphic novel I will replace some of the characters and also change a few names. (Example Garret Blake will be Garret Cassidy etc.)
  • Options
    I need some help guys. I can't seem to think of a good title for my Hourglass reboot. There will be much of the same characters but this will be an all new story in a different continuity. As I described above.
    OKay gang I decided to use The Sims as a sort of testing ground for the Graphic Novel I will be writing Featuring the cast of The Hourglass. When I first began The Hourglass I was very new to the world of CC and SimLit. So now with the knowledge I have acquired I will be doing a prequel/reboot of the series. It will begin three years before the events of Blue Hearts began. Its focus at least in the first three parts will be Garret's rise through the Outfit. While it will have some similarities, this saga will not follow the same continuity of the original story, however we will see several of the same characters and situation but with a different twist. The series, instead of being divided into Generations, will be divided into seasons. Giving us a chance to delve even deeper into the characters and the story. In this new saga we will see the old gang from The Hourglass as well as some new characters, and one very special character who will be a recurring presence, everyone's favorite anti-hero/Mafioso, and lover, Tony "Meatball" Corleonsi and the Salvatore Family, who have graced many storied from The Heffner Legacy by @Maladi777 to Day & Knight by @pammiechick among many others. I will post a link to the new site once I get it set up.

I hope you guys will like this. This series will be reformatted and rewritten as a graphic novel (to some extent) so I really want everyone's feedback. Let me know what you guys think and don't hesitate to tell me if there is something you are not sure about.

Just a quick note though. The Graphic Novel version of this story I will plan to get published will not include other people's characters unless I get written permission to use them. I will only use them in the SimLit.

Anyone got any ideas?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Sorry, I have a hard enough time coming up with titles for my stuff. I do try to think of a theme, though the legacies mostly just get named for the family.
    image.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Perhaps "Sands of Time" could work as a title (kind of a play on Hourglass).
  • Options
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Sorry, I have a hard enough time coming up with titles for my stuff. I do try to think of a theme, though the legacies mostly just get named for the family.

@SimTresa Yeah I know what you mean. I thought about calling it The Blake Dynasty but because I write ensembles, I prefer to do a title without the name. And this story will take place over the course of 20 years, so it won't be generational except in the sense that we see the children grow up. But all Seasons will focus on one generation.
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Perhaps "Sands of Time" could work as a title (kind of a play on Hourglass).

@VanPelt81 I thought of doing that, one of my possible titles is Sands Through The Hourglass. The original title was based off the intro of my great grandmother's (whom Mildred Hughes is based off of) favorite soap opera Days of our Lives. At the beginning a deep voice always said "Like sands through the Hourglass So are the days of our lives." Not a fan of soap operas myself but I always remembered that lol. When her soap was on it was the only time I was not allowed to have control of the T.V. at her house. (The rest ofthe time we watched documentaries I enjoyed or we watched cartoons)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    OkVc6fS.jpg
    The Siggy banner for my series, Sands in the Hourglass. Coming November 1st.

From Left to right, Patricia Grayson, Jason Dean, Garret Blake, Carol Thomas, Franklin Lewis
  • Options
    8BeA1Ni.jpg
    I decided to redo my Siggy Banner for Sands in the Hourglass. For one Franklin Lewis looked to much like @AudreyFld Cole Murdock, and second it was just too dark. I also downloaded several new hairstyles. Once again from right to left is Patricia Grayson (An AU Ben Murdock and Emma baby from @AudreyFld ), Jason Dean, both new characters, and returning characters Garret Blake (Jr.), Carol Thomas and Franklin Lewis. I will likely begin posting November 1st, that gives me time to get a few stories ahead. I will begin posting updates as they come.
  • Options
    I am closing this thread and opening a new one for my new saga Sands in the Hourglass Check out the new thread Here
  • Options
    Jsut a reminder to all who follow this thread I have moved to a new thread for my new saga Sands In the Hourglass Please follow the new thread here so you will know when the episodes for this new saga are posted. It is a bit different with a new take on familiar characters and some new characters as well. If you enjoyed The Hourglass Legacy you will enjoy this one even more. Hope to see you guys on the other side.
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    I loved the ending !!!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    MINEZ wrote: »
    I loved the ending !!!

@MINEZ
    Of the new stroies or the old? If you are reading the new ones please comment on the new thread. Easier for me to keep up with them. Plus it keeps them higher in the top of listings in the Forums. I hope you enjoy this new saga, it's a bit different but I'll be delving into the characters alot deeper.
  • Options
    As some of you know I am not going be finishing Sands in The Hourglass which was originally going to be a reboot of this series. Instead I have decided to return to the characters you know and love in The Hourglass Legacy. It will be begin with a story that is going to once again crossover with @AudreyFld New Beginnings and it will continue beginning in 2019 with a new installment of The Hourglass. I am going to try to do it on this on the original site for as long as I can. But with the limited space that might prove a bit difficult. I will likely do a part two of this Gen and a third Gen before wrapping up The Hourglass to work on something completely new.
  • Options
    Hit & Run: Part One
    36Zfrko.png
    A very distraught Ben pays Blake Ranch a visit.

The Hourglass Legacy Returns with an all new stories. I am beginning with this crossover with @AudreyFld New Beginnings and I will continue on the old site. This will follow the original cast of the Hourglass Legacy.

• Options
    Hit and Run: Part Two
    4yMKiyH.png
    Mickey begins his investigation into Ami Murdocks accident.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Mickey’s good at his job! :)
  • Options
    @Audrey of course he is. He learned from one of the best.
  • Options
    HIT & RUN: PART THREE
    PZRWtAe.png
    Mickey cracks the case.
    How it all ends will SHOCK YOU!!!

This will be it for me in 2018 guys. However I will be back in January with THREE Generations of craziness in THE HOURGLASS LEGACY:DYNASTIES
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I'm more shocked by
    Spencer & Avery conspiring & doing the deed being investigated than by Meatball killing Spencer

Still what a way to end 2018 with a bang.
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    I'm more shocked by
    Spencer & Avery conspiring & doing the deed being investigated than by Meatball killing Spencer

Still what a way to end 2018 with a bang.

I am glad you enjoyed it!!!! Dynasties, which will continue Gen two and go to the end of Gen Three. is the final installment of the Hourglass Legacy, I can promise for lots of action and drama.