Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just watched a replay of the vet clinic and cant help but wonder....

WOW!
Cant wait looks fantastic and love how the vet clinic runs....and it got me thinking this is how a medical clinic/ doctor surgery should run!
Patients not standing around at check in, actually sitting down and waiting, examinations running smoothly, it looks much more better thought out and better implemented than Get To Work
PLEASE go back and redo hospitals and doctors career to run like this!!!!!

Until you do bugger the human patients im of to study to be a vet and look after the pets!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,502 Member
    I agree. I want the doctor career fixed. Maybe the upcoming big patch will fix it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I could see some tweaks to the doctor career moving forward if possible. I know the desk receptionist is "realistic" but all they do is they sit behind the desk. At least they could get up and help with clean up when there is no one waiting to be checked in.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They aren't going to change what we already have. It's too complicated and a waste of time. Some may like the career as is, then they are unhappy. My suggestion would be to create a Human Clinic GP, similar to the vet career, but for humans. Make it an addition to the existing career. We have small clinics where I live that I call Doc In A Box. It's for quick in and out stuff, not emergency, big hospital stuff.

It could work the same way. Sims come in if they are sick to see a doctor just like at the hospital (only get medicine from the computer if you don't want to see a doctor). They get examined and treated and sent home. If your sim should discover that they are pregnant, your sim and S.O. can go to the clinic while pregnant and get an Ultrasound to see the baby. They could even get a ultrasound picture in their inventory.

Kids could come in for school vaccinations. If they do well, they get a lollypop. If the doctor finds something serious, they could recommend that they go to the hospital for surgery. This could be done with the doctor showing the patient an x-ray and describing the issue in a consultation.

This way, if you like the old system, use it. If you want something more personal and interactive, then the clinic is for you. But there's no need to trash or edit the GTW career. Plus, you can be the doctor or the patient which the hospital does not allow.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I like your ideas!
    Id love to have a home doctor surgery, a small country practice, and treat local patients from the village, getting ratings and running it like a proper business

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They aren't going to change what we already have. It's too complicated and a waste of time. Some may like the career as is, then they are unhappy. My suggestion would be to create a Human Clinic GP, similar to the vet career, but for humans. Make it an addition to the existing career. We have small clinics where I live that I call Doc In A Box. It's for quick in and out stuff, not emergency, big hospital stuff.

It could work the same way. Sims come in if they are sick to see a doctor just like at the hospital (only get medicine from the computer if you don't want to see a doctor). They get examined and treated and sent home. If your sim should discover that they are pregnant, your sim and S.O. can go to the clinic while pregnant and get an Ultrasound to see the baby. They could even get a ultrasound picture in their inventory.

Kids could come in for school vaccinations. If they do well, they get a lollypop. If the doctor finds something serious, they could recommend that they go to the hospital for surgery. This could be done with the doctor showing the patient an x-ray and describing the issue in a consultation.

This way, if you like the old system, use it. If you want something more personal and interactive, then the clinic is for you. But there's no need to trash or edit the GTW career. Plus, you can be the doctor or the patient which the hospital does not allow.

I love it.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thanks. The great thing is that everything is already in the game. We have the equipment, clothes, illnesses, interactions, game play from GTW. The programming and setup from C&D. It would only take a few new program tweaks to make it happen. I really wouldn't even need to be a GP.