Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to reset all vampire stats?

MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
To elaborate, what I mean is there a way to reset all powers, weaknesses, ranks and power points on a vampire Sim? I want to make it as if the Sim became a vampire for the very first time. I also do not want to lose all of my Sim's relationship statuses in the process.
Post edited by MMX on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd look over these here. I've never set a vampire back to the beginning rank but I have reset their perks/weaknesses so I could redo 'em via these cheats.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Get your vampire lore skill up. You learn a recipe to make at the bar that resets vampire weaknesses and powers. When you drink it your sim gets all their points to spend again but their vampire level stays what it was before drinking it.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    If you really want to start from scratch, get to Vampire Level 15 and make the Ultimate Vampire Cure. It's a 10 Wolfsbane, 10 Garlic, and 10 Plasma Fruit cocktail.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    If you really want to start from scratch, get to Vampire Level 15 and make the Ultimate Vampire Cure. It's a 10 Wolfsbane, 10 Garlic, and 10 Plasma Fruit cocktail.
    I've tried that, but when you turn your cured Sim back into a vampire, they will still retain their rank and power points. The only difference now is to reselect your powers and weaknesses, which can be a bit troublesome when you're at a particularly high rank. Basically, if you want to ever get any powers when you turn back into a Grand Master vampire, you have no choice but to select five weaknesses.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You need the Draught of Reconfiguration.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. What I mean is resetting the vampire all the way back to Rank 1, like a first time vampire.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited September 2017
    Edited to add. Nevermind. I couldn't get the sim back to a first time vampire.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. What I mean is resetting the vampire all the way back to Rank 1, like a first time vampire.

The following cheat will set your rank back to the beginning - minor vampire: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 202

Won't affect your powers or points though.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited September 2017
    As I understand it, you basically want to do the following:
    1. Reduce your vampire's rank to level 1;
    2. Cancel all your vampire's powers;
    3. Cancel all your vampire's weaknesses;
    4. Reduce your vampire's power points to 0.

There are cheats to enable you to do no's 1 - 3 (incl) -- see Twistedmexi's cheat list on this link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/vampcheats

But I do not see any cheat that will enable you to do no 4. There is a cheat to add power points, but not to reduce them. I have not tried any of the above cheats myself, but it seems that, when you cancel a strength, your sim will get the relevant power points back. Still, 3 out of 4 is not too bad.

I don't know whether you also want to reduce your sim's Vampiric Lore skill level, since this skill is available to all sims and does not depend on being a vampire, but if you do, there is a cheat for this too. Just look under Skill Cheats on the same website, or use Carl's Sims 4 Guide:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php
    Post edited by FKM100 on
  • Options
    LizzyMacTownieLizzyMacTownie Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sorry to necro an old topic, but I found it by searching google, wanting to do the same thing. Although there doesn't seem to be a way to reset the power points to 0, I did come up with a workaround. See, I wanted to basically play Vlad, but from the beginning of his life when he was a new vampire. (Because it's my first time playing with Vampires, I wanted to start with a fledgling but I really wanted to play Vlad after giving him a makeover.)

So what I ended up having to do in order to create this same effect was Take Vlad and save him to my library. This was easy b/c I already had him in my library from my makeover video. Then, I went in to Manage household and added a second copy of Vlad to the family. I made the copy female and renamed her. So now I had Vlad and Vladette, as it were. I chose "Play with Genetics" to add their child to the household and made him a teen. The resulting Sim looked very very very much like my original. I honestly can't see the diffference between them, so he may even be identical.

So that gave me a fledgling vampire that looked exactly like Vlad, but with no history of the higher ranked skills that Vlad had. No skills, points, or anything. (You could cheat those up if you wanted.) Now I'm just going to kill off the "Parents" and I have a fresh Vlad, or, maybe I'll play him as Vladislaus Straud V, son of Vladislaus Straud IV.