Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What'choo lookin' at?

My sim was out in San Myshuno and I wanted to boost her photography skill. I had her whip her camera around to frame a shot and caught this crazy moment of Sigrid Ritchie, who was passing through, glaring right into the camera as if to say, "I don't think so!" I shoot photography as a hobby in real life, and this is exactly how people look if they notice you have a camera pointed in their direction. I wonder if it's just coincidence that the game had Sigrid give this look, but if it's not, it's a brilliant touch of detail.

tumblr_oow3mhluEu1vzg6zeo1_1280.png
EiFlric.png

Comments

• Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    For game play, you're right, that's a nice touch to have the subject look into the lens. Good candid shot, BTW.

In real life I've had the opposite happen where the person will deliberately turn their head away (my MIL is the worst about it).
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I think that it was on purpose that this ended up in the game.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited April 2017
    For game play, you're right, that's a nice touch to have the subject look into the lens. Good candid shot, BTW.

Thanks!
    In real life I've had the opposite happen where the person will deliberately turn their head away (my MIL is the worst about it).

Wow, I wish I had the problem, lol. I become afraid of looking at my photographs after an event because there's always that one shot where one or two people give me "the look". Here is a shot from an obscure photographer from the 1950s named Angelo Rizzuto who took street photos of New Yorkers going about their business. Uncanny, right?

522214_3756290539133_1920215674_n.jpg

This one's even worse! GRRRRR!!!

547841_3756294299227_1870580666_n.jpg
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The people that turn their head away from a camera are camera shy. The drummer for the legendary British rock band The Rolling Stones, he's certainly camera shy. Or at least he acts like he is. Because every time I see him in a video or a photo of him. He's always looking a way from the camera.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »

If so, then may I tip my hat to the devs because this is an amazing attention to detail. They really didn't have to have this level of detail in the game but if they did, it's outstanding.

Side by side comparison, because I'm crazy like that:

thelook.png
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    TFS this. You don't realize til you see a shot from real life, the level of detail the developers incorporated into the game.
    ts1depot wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

If so, then may I tip my hat to the devs because this is an amazing attention to detail. They really didn't have to have this level of detail in the game but if they did, it's outstanding.

Side by side comparison, because I'm crazy like that:

thelook.png

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    My sim was out in San Myshuno and I wanted to boost her photography skill. I had her whip her camera around to frame a shot and caught this crazy moment of Sigrid Ritchie, who was passing through, glaring right into the camera as if to say, "I don't think so!" I shoot photography as a hobby in real life, and this is exactly how people look if they notice you have a camera pointed in their direction. I wonder if it's just coincidence that the game had Sigrid give this look, but if it's not, it's a brilliant touch of detail.

tumblr_oow3mhluEu1vzg6zeo1_1280.png

Yeah that selfie definitely says "NO!" lol
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Hello
    The picture of the sim and the real life picture look so very much alike! It is a very nice realistic touch to the game! :)
    Thankyou for sharing the pictures !
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Here's my sim making what I call mad face - the welcome wagon showed up and that is the look she gave the guy with the fruit cake. I laughed so hard when I saw that. She obviously hates fruit cake.

2883y85.png

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Here's my sim making what I call mad face - the welcome wagon showed up and that is the look she gave the guy with the fruit cake. I laughed so hard when I saw that. She obviously hates fruit cake.

2883y85.png

LOLOLOL! That look says it all! Poor thing. Can't say I blame her. There is nothing worse than fruitcake, either in real or sim life! :D

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I frequently use this sim for challenges as she has some nice skills - as I originally made her for the GTW ep for the Scientist career - which is how she got well skilled and all - but then when GT came out I reset my game - I had all my sims backed up but did not add them back to the game - but for a challenge I bring her back and she always gets another starter house, in a new hood and always a new welcome wagon - so she is well versed into the welcome wagon and that offensive fruit cake. But this has to be the first time I saw her give that totally disgusted face when she saw it.

As usual I added her to the game for the plant sim challenge - so this was right after I moved her into one of the open starter houses in Windenburg - - for a change though instead of saving her and taking her back out of play this time I decided to keep her in even though she has completed the challenge - I think she has had enough of welcome wagons... lol.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I do photography in real life as well and I'm always scared to take pictures of people because of that look, so I focus on plants and animals instead. At least my cat doesn't mind me fumbling around with the camera and pointing it directly at him. Whenever I'm surrounded by people I always try to hide my camera and since it's a Nikon that's almost impossible. I'm just too awkward for street photography :lol:

The sim and the picture from the 50s indeed show a pretty uncanny similarity but I'm really not sure if that was intentional by the game developers because it would be quite a small detail.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Karlia wrote: »
    I do photography in real life as well and I'm always scared to take pictures of people because of that look, so I focus on plants and animals instead. At least my cat doesn't mind me fumbling around with the camera and pointing it directly at him. Whenever I'm surrounded by people I always try to hide my camera and since it's a Nikon that's almost impossible. I'm just too awkward for street photography :lol:

The sim and the picture from the 50s indeed show a pretty uncanny similarity but I'm really not sure if that was intentional by the game developers because it would be quite a small detail.

Technically if it was not something the devs did - we would not see it - everything the sims do - every look of distain, disgust, or joy and love even - is due to the team effort of the devs and programmers - seeing Sims are just art without those people programming them and making the various expressions for different emotions or feelings. So yes - it is small detail but the beauty of art and programming to bring the Sims to life. It does reflect on these things real humans do and show they did pay attention to detail.

Like my sim showing she is just plain sick of fruitcake by a sim showing up with a fruitcake - that sim couldn't have reacted like that had it not been a little detail a dev, an artist, a computer, point dots and a real human subject, and a programmer put in the game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Sorry to bring up an old post, but I think I have some confirmation that this is actually a thing in the game. I had another beginner start taking pictures at a party, and look at how one of the sims reacted.

tumblr_opwatuXO1w1vzg6zeo1_1280.png

Remember, I didn't use the "Take Photo Of..." option. I used the "Take Photo" option where you swivel the camera around and take pictures of wherever you happen to be standing.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,903 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm glad I caught this one. LOL She and her newlywed hubby just arrived home. I have no idea why she gave him this expression.

[img][/img]04-05-17_12-41-00nbspPM.jpg

This is her when she's not giving him 'the look'. As you can see, I found something a tad closer to an 18th century cap.

[img][/img]05-07-17_2-39-23PM_1.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I'm glad I caught this one. LOL She and her newlywed hubby just arrived home. I have no idea why she gave him this expression.

[img][/img]04-05-17_12-41-00nbspPM.jpg

She looks really annoyed, like, "Not right now!"
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,903 Member
    edited May 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

2883y85.png

LOLOLOL! That look says it all! Poor thing. Can't say I blame her. There is nothing worse than fruitcake, either in real or sim life! :D

Actually, if it's made correctly it's quite yummy!

@ts1depot, I think you may be onto to something. LOL She does have that, "Oh, you've got to be kidding." look, doesn't she.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/