Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Vie is 100% Scam !

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
NEWS
PROJECT VIE IS 100% A HOAX!
10 hours ago17 CommentsJovan Jovic11,515 Views2 Min Read

UPDATE: The folks behind this hoax posted the screenshots of “the game”. This is the last update on this project as it’s obviously all photoshop and scam.

You’ve probably heard about Project Vie, a new, promising life-simulation game that was supposed to compete with The Sims in terms of features.

Well, that project is 99,9% likely to be a hoax. How so you may ask?

For starters, MadameButterfly warned us a few weeks ago that Project Vie was a growing project by a banned member aimed to do nothing more but troll the community with a fake life-simulation game that would raise our hopes up and give us a new Sims competitor that we’ve been waiting for a while now.

We’re only a few hours from their announcement that should take place at 18:00 GMT. They provided us with some material including logos, game summary and information about the people behind this project. What’s interesting is that, from their “About Us” document, I still don’t know a single thing about anyone from this Project Vie “team”.

Here’s a small excerpt from their game summary, which obviously references to Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” chorus, which is usually used nowadays for trolling on the internet.

I have nothing to say except add this Tyra Banks GIF:

This is just so heart wrenching, the people who did this should be ashamed of themselves for lying to others bout this project and getting peoples hopes up for nothing, what makes them think that they can lie and get away with it is beyond Me, in My opinion they should be locked up on fraud charges, that is how I feel bout it.

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I feel like there is something missing here.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I knew about that since that come out. At the end of day some people do stuff like that for attention. That member that did that got banned for doing that.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    I knew about that since that come out. At the end of day some people do stuff like that for attention. That member that did that got banned for doing that.

In My opinion Banning is not good enough, cause they only make another account and come back to cause more grief , they should be locked up for fraud , then maybe they will get the message, one can only hope they got the message that is.
  • Options
    It seems My thread was moved to Off Topic Chat when I had put it in the Sims discussion area, Not sure why since this does have something somewhat to do with the whole sims franchise, cause if this would of been real then they would of had a competitor, but I guess they do not think that they will ever have one after this scam.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If others need to check this out, I copied this information from the Sims 4 Community page, thanks.
  • Options
    I see that others are also making threads bout this fact, so it really must be true, it is a scam.which is so sad.
  • Options
    Again I wish to thank MadameButterfly for her letting everyone know bout the scam as well, I do hope that others were not as bad as I was in hoping that the game would be real, I did have My doubts about it and am very thankful that I can get passed this and not be bummed out by it, I still think that the person or people who are doing this should get arrested for fraud, is there not a law bout doing that on the internet? , if so why are they still free to harass others lie and get away with it? , if there are no laws bout this there should be in My opinion, to think that high school students have nothing better to do then to cause trouble, instead of leading a respectful life, it makes me wonder what the future is truly going to hold for good people when you got low lives like that in the world still. :(