Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    @tammyjo329 Thank you! I am glad to finally be a Murklander :smiley:

@crissylp89 Thank you so much for the MC Command tip. I haven't used mods yet in Sims 4 but I just might be tempted with this challenge....the phone is annoying. All the text messages are driving me nuts to 'X' off. Buttons got one to congratulate her on her promotion.....ummm...no job...lol...and to go out to dinner at the Puffer Dome to celebrate! Yikes....that just might end a career :wink:

@EuphorialQueen BSBFs till the end! <3

Okay now for a few questions;

Are we able to use public sinks to brush teeth/wash hands (for example....at GF there is a sink outside the buggy toilet). What about public toilets?

How on earth do you get rid of the stink on the bush on your lot? Buttons used it once and it is oozing green all over the place! Can we go into buy mode and replace the bush with an clean one? Do they clean themselves over time?

Are we allowed to do the magic bean challenge? I've placed the long table on the lot in Button's inventory and put the stump in it's place. I had to scoot a palm tree just a smidgen also to make room for the stump.

I tried buying the first herbalism book when Buttons arrived at GF from the supply shack but it wasn't there. After she harvested and tasted a few unidentified plants the option to buy was there....yhea!

Are we allowed to buy/read/ other skilling books? Can we build all skills or should we stick to just the gardening/herbalism and charisma skills?

That's it for now.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Okay now for a few questions;

Are we able to use public sinks to brush teeth/wash hands (for example....at GF there is a sink outside the buggy toilet). What about public toilets?

How on earth do you get rid of the stink on the bush on your lot? Buttons used it once and it is oozing green all over the place! Can we go into buy mode and replace the bush with an clean one? Do they clean themselves over time?

Are we allowed to do the magic bean challenge? I've placed the long table on the lot in Button's inventory and put the stump in it's place. I had to scoot a palm tree just a smidgen also to make room for the stump.

I tried buying the first herbalism book when Buttons arrived at GF from the supply shack but it wasn't there. After she harvested and tasted a few unidentified plants the option to buy was there....yhea!

Are we allowed to buy/read/ other skilling books? Can we build all skills or should we stick to just the gardening/herbalism and charisma skills?

That's it for now.

OK lets see if I can answer your questions:

using sinks to wash hands and brush teeth ... I'm not sure but I would thing same as the shower only OK on Monday/Wednesday/Friday

The tree will eventually stop fuming on it's own. It just takes a while.

I am pretty sure you can read books at the library ... I've not tried reading any skill books, we should ask Brennachan about that, though there are no rules about not being able to skill up on other skills, so I am pretty sure it is OK to build up any skill you want.

Have a murky day! :smiley:

• Options
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    @Cmarieg971 @peatock and @BUTTONSGINGER
    Welcome to Murkland! Cant' wait to read about y'all getting murky!

BUTTONSGINGER I giggled at your question about washing your hands. Reminded me of the endless hand-washing of Pinstar's Apocalypse Challenge.
    I've already read the Handiness skill book at the library, so I hope that' s okay.
    I want higher Handiness but not a bunch of objects that will only raise my bills. Plus, the barista offers coffee!

@tammyjo329
    I just read your latest chapter and...Wow, congrats on all of Jaxton's perfect trash plants!!!
    What a sneaky guy, silently evolving all his trash plants like that!
    Thank you for showing us that life as a Murkland Plantsim is not only survivable but also enjoyable.
    What's left for Jaxton? Yard sales? Writing bestsellers?
  • Options
    Thanks for reading Shizu!

Jaxton just needs to get his yard sales going $$$. He needs to earn around 5-6k to finish the challenge. I want him to visit the other Murklanders before I finish his story ... not sure if he has time to visit them all before he reaches his last goal.

I think I will do a short story with Aspen for the library side challenge though. Maybe she will get to visit the other Murklanders that Jaxton misses out on! :smiley:
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Yard sales are a bust for me. I made a decent amount at the first one on my home lot. Since then ... not so much. I even took my table 'on the road' to another lot. Still nuthin' :disappointed: I have offered a variety of things but nothing sells. Think I will just concentrate on collecting and selling from inventory.
  • Options
    Finally, your sim must save at least $15,000 from the above activities.
    This is cash on hand and not total earned ... correct?
    All the text messages are driving me nuts to 'X' off. Buttons got one to congratulate her on her promotion.....ummm...no job...lol...and to go out to dinner at the Puffer Dome to celebrate! Yikes....that just might end a career
    @Buttonsginger I know ... ummm .. promotion ? Even better the not so friendly Mad Mud calling:
    "You and I haven't always gotten along. but maybe we can become friends. What do you say to breakfast at Puffer Dome?"
    Y-I-P-E-S!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Oh wow! I have some catch-up reading to do. Welcome to all the new Murklanders! Prepare to get murky! I have a new chapter of Kate's misadventures up ready to read, and I am hoping that I will have another chapter up tomorrow.

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/04/murkland-wednesday-chapter-11.html
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    I'm just starting this challenge out. The amount of effort you've put into this is incredible and it looks awesome! I posted my sim, Aster, on the gallery and I'm gonna try to do a story around the challenge, but I'm probably gonna write a couple chapters of it before posting them anywhere because I've never done a story with sims before. :blush: Anyways, I'm excited and here's Aster:
    x4x1l.jpg

That is awesome would love to read it ...

Oh, Aster is wonderful! I have already downloaded her as a Nukecrest neighbor.
  • Options
    Ok, this is catch-up Sunday for me! We are year-end, month-end at work in rl, so have been busy. I wanted to welcome all the new simmers to the Murkland Challenge @crissylp89 @asaoyoru @thea85 @kittenfists2003 @masajo @Simluvur @solvorsh @EuphorialQueen @BUTTONSGINGER
    If I have missed anyone, I welcome you, too :)

@Shizu9no1 - I just read both of your new chapters, and they are a hoot! Yep, I #keepitclean too, because I just want to write fun stories! Can't wait for the next chapter! And great tips on the little statues and the Geo Council in those chapters. Things I still didn't know about! Haha! And your bonsai bush! lol That was a good one!

@Asaoyoru - Wow! For someone new you have accomplished a lot. And 3 chapters already! Woot! Love your sim, Stardrop, and her misadventures in Murkland. She is a fire girl for sure! Thank goodness she hasn't burned down her whole camp. Looking forward to more chapters.

@EuphorialQueen - read your intro and your sim Valeda Tivona looks great. Can't wait to read the start of her life in Murkland!

@masajo - ooohhh....read your chapter - Rex Turbo Pumpkin! He is cute, in a klepto kind of way! lol

@solvorsh - am looking forward to watching your Let's Play video.

Congrats to so many sims who have recently received a Maxis fav! @ladyloial for the Murkland Squatters and @lisabee2 - for Lisa Bee - grat job!

@tammyjo329 - am reading all your new chapters, love that you made a TrashPlant Dancers gardening group and tend the trashplants of your neighbors. I think I may have missed another story, so will go back and look through the pages again. I just love your stories about Jaxton. I have Jaxton in an up-coming story which may be released later today -- still working on the darn thing, is taking me forever!

@reggikko - thanks so much for the info on the dragon dragonfly. I caught one in GF when I was there, but am holding on to it, for the last cashout to get the simoleons. I find that if I sell stuff, my sim just uses it to make tofu dogs, or fruit on the grill. I am still working on those trashplants and have not yet maxed my charisma or gardening skill. I have almost maxed dancing, but not quite. Ok, so my sim is a late bloomer! lol

On second thought, maybe carrying items in inventory for too long, is not a good idea! Ok, garage sale here we come! Have a murky day all!

what_the_heck_is_this_bill.png

• Options
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

@tammyjo329 - I just read your Plant Sim chapter and it is so great! Wow! 12 perfect plants! You are doing fantastic!
  • Options
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

I love your chapter - congrats on getting your trash plants all to perfect! Woot! Jaxton rocks!
  • Options
    Cmarieg971 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Tweed! ( my mother and I share a sims account. ) I'm going to be trying to do a version of this challenge with the base game ( and hopefully City Living if I get it for my birthday next week. ) and i'm very excited. I took your suggestion and used a version of my sim self for the challenge. I made Shabby little Shacks that look like poorly renovated park restrooms to replace tents and the like. Here's what I designed for your challenge!

tumblr_oos2xhR5M31w8en91o1_540.png

@Cmarieg971 - Welcome to Murkland - I look forward to reading about Tweed!
  • Options
    Well, I have finally done the finishing touches on Chapter 12. This ties in with the chapter that I just published, so enjoy the read. I really worked very hard on this chapter and it took me more than a week to do with all the screenies (well, ok, maybe I am just slow lol). But anyway, here goes, so enjoy the new misadventures of Kate in Murkland and have a wonderfully murky day!
    http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/04/murkland-saturday-chapter-12.html
  • Options
    Also on a side note, unrelated to Murkland, but kind of related...if anyone knows Blogger, I could use some help. I have no idea how to set up a Chapter Index, so that all my stories can be found together instead on in the different months. So, if anyone can help, let me know. I am not very techno. Thanks in advance. :)
  • Options
    Wow Soulgal you are really busy today getting all caught up!

Loved both of your two new chapters! The dance off contest was fantastic! I loved seeing all of our Murky Friends entering the contest as well! I can't believe Jaxton fumbled ... oh well he is just an inexperienced teenager! I'm sure he will do better next time :wink:
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 and @masajo

Soulgal, you mentioned in your post that you'd read masajo and EQ's murky writings.
    I've been waiting to read masajo's story but didn't know it's already available to read.
    Could you or masajo please post a link? *feels left out (hehe)

• Options
    @Shizu9no1 - so sorry, I had to go through like 50 posts this morning, and masajo had just mentioned that she was falling for Rex in a post. For EQ, I clicked on the BIG BOX, then noticed that she had Valeda gets Murky under her signature on the left hand side. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    Oh okay, thank you! I thought maybe it was a Facebook thing. *grins sheepishly

Hey, I absolutely love your latest Freezer Bunny Dance-Off chapter!
    I'm so impressed at how much time and thought you put into each chapter!
    Love every dance crew and their costumes. I was tickled pink to recognize oshizu in the Doomsday Divas (who, if not for that move by @lisabee2 ) should have won the contest! You even had contest prizes!

How hilarious that Paolo ended up paying off his tab by dishwashing, just like Kate had done when Paolo....
  • Options
    minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    I'm working on updating windows on my new pc! ( just installed the os) then ill have to install origin and my saved games etc etc I can't wait to get my murky on with out comp lag!
  • Options
    minkydpain wrote: »
    I'm working on updating windows on my new pc! ( just installed the os) then ill have to install origin and my saved games etc etc I can't wait to get my murky on with out comp lag!
    @minkydpain Hooray! Another Murky Salamander :)
  • Options
    reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

what_the_heck_is_this_bill.png

Were you by chance in Granite Falls when you got this bill or just off lot when the bills were delivered? There is a bug that causes huge bills if you are off lot when they come. I try to remember to stay at home on Mondays until after the bills arrive.

• Options
    minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    @EuphorialQueen I've already completed the starter challenge with my simself Minky Rivers, which you can find on the gallery. But I am planing on doing the library challenge when the new comp is ready and of course I can't wait for the next challenge.

I might be just a tad impatient.....(horribly impatient) lol
  • Options
    minkydpain wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen I've already completed the starter challenge with my simself Minky Rivers, which you can find on the gallery. But I am planing on doing the library challenge when the new comp is ready and of course I can't wait for the next challenge.
    I might be just a tad impatient.....(horribly impatient) lol
    I remember seeing Minky Rivers just had not made the connection :flushed:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Hello Murkland! Valeda is making progress but I am way behind on posting (and forget to take pictures heh heh heh)
    You are welcome to check out my meager update where Valeda Gets Murky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top