Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creation's Claiming to be made by Others?

I do not know what is going on with Sims 4, but I got the Vintage pack today, and I just made a Beautiful character from it, and when I went to put her into the Gallery, it is saying that she is not made by Me, but she is Made by some one named MaxisCreator_01, I looked into that persons catalog and none of that persons creations look like the one I made or even have the same name, so Why is MY creation saying it is made by another person? I chatted with a EA Rep named Jaideep Singh who wanted Me to uninstall the game and re-install it again for the 3rd time, I am so not going to do that, it has to be a Glitch or Bug, My Computer was Wiped clean to factory status, so I know it is Not My computer, it has to be the Sims 4, I have tried to change her hair color and give her a new name, and it still told Me she was that persons creation, which is so Not true, The game obviously needs to be fixed, GRRR.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,709 Member
    Hello
    MaxisCreator_01 sims are usually the sims that are featured in trailers or screenshots for sims 4 packs, You may have perhaps downloaded one of these sims and used her as the base for your sim. That is why it is showing their name.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    MaxisCreator_01 sims are usually the sims that are featured in trailers or screenshots for sims 4 packs, You may have perhaps downloaded one of these sims and used her as the base for your sim. That is why it is showing their name.

Nope rosemow I did not, I do not use anyone else's creations, I only use My own creations in the Sims 4, I just logged back into the game, and it is now saying that She is My creation, so they must of fixed it, cause I know it was not My Computer like the EA rep was claiming, what a waste of My time it was to contact EA, But thank you for your info just the same, much appreciated, I hope this does not happen to anyone else, cause it is a Huge pain, thanks again, and Happy Holidays rosemow.:)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @BlueBlack007 this is an old bug that seems to happen randomly to people, but it's harmless. The creation usually looks fine to others on the gallery, i.e. does not show up with the MaxisCreator_01 in the Original By field and is just a local (on your computer) issue. Glad it has resolved for you locally as well. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @BlueBlack007 this is an old bug that seems to happen randomly to people, but it's harmless. The creation usually looks fine to others on the gallery, i.e. does not show up with the MaxisCreator_01 in the Original By field and is just a local (on your computer) issue. Glad it has resolved for you locally as well. :)

Thanks, cause I was freaking out when I noticed it on My creation, I was like OMG no it did not do that I thought to self, I was not happy when the EA Rep wanted Me to uninstall and reinstall My game after My computer was wiped out and back to factory setting, I told that person no way was I going to do that, and thanks for not helping and wasted My time, then I said goodbye to them, cause it made Me so mad that the person basically had no dang clue, I put in the survey they wanted Me to do, that the EA Reps there should know what the Games are about before trying to help customers, but thanks for letting Me know BryonyRae that it is a old Bug, glad to know that, apparently EA and their Reps have no clue bout it.