Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October is Pink Ribbon Month !

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
Hello, I just want to say that I hope that many have donated and helped in anyway they can for the cure, I have Donated money and time for this month for Cancer Pink Ribbon items and charities, as well as Made a few No CC characters for My Gallery all in Pink for those who would like to add them to their games, I just ask that My creations not be re-uploaded in any way shape or form thank you, and also I just wanted to know if anyone else has done things to help out for Cancer month or even gave to help for the Homeless with food items and items needed, especially for the harsh winter months to come, People do need help once in awhile when they are down, it is nice to know that people like myself are out there doing all they can to help out.Happy Simming one and all, :)

Comments

• Options
    Is anyone else out there doing what they can and helping out? if so then I applaud you and say Bravo!!, it is a nice feeling to be able to give back, and help out don't you think? let me know how you feel bout helping others out, was it a great experience or not so much, either way I say thank you.
  • Options
    Wow it seems no one wants to say they did something good for another, only Me aye, oh well, at least I am happy and proud that I help out when I can, I am sorry that no one else feels Happy bout helping others, it is sad that I hardly do see anyone other then a hand few of people on the forums help others out anyway, seems to be a waste of time to even be on the forums as of late, all anyone wants to do lately is just complain bout the games, but I guess to each their own, I got games to play and stuff to do, so I say TTFN.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It can take hours to get a reply on here.

I don't donate to pink ribbon charities, because most of the funding goes back into admin and raising awareness, rather than actually trying to cure cancer. It's the same with most charities, not a lot of the money actually does anything. You're better off donating direct to the places that do the science.

Why pour more money into raising awareness?
    It's like that great Gruen joke
    [img]https://lh4.ggpht.com/-bm3ZBpAfcnM/V8__e-KM4XI/AAAAAADJMyA/Zj5qyZw0Rg4/w560/socialfeed-🐸🐸🐸🐸-we-forgot-to-wish-you-happy-awareness-day-awareness-day-probably.jpg[/img]
    Oh, we missed it.

Then again, maybe I might dontate to the charity that is trying to raise funds for research for treatment of one of my illnesses. They've upfront, so far, with where the money is going.

I really wonder why there are so many different cancer charities. Why can't they all band together, and cut admin costs, and raise far more money for the actual work?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Yup your right, that is why I try to donate to a few and not just one, to make sure that the money I donate actually goes to where it belongs, I help out any way I can with the homeless as well, it just makes me feel good inside to know that I try to make a difference, instead of standing by and do nothing i guess, glad you help out as well, Bravo I say, thank you for sharing, :)
  • Options
    Wow I see that many have read this thread, but no one will say anything bout helping out another person? wow, just wow, but thanks for readng just the same, much appreciated.