Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Next Quarterly Review Wash out or Winner? , You be the judge!

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
Well it looks to Me that I was right about not getting stuff that I was hoping for in the next Quarter, the video sneak peak did not show much of anything as far as I was concerned, I was hoping for Gothic Stuff for Halloween and such, what they showed as far as costumes ect was stuff we have already gotten, which bummed Me out, but anyway I will wait and see what we do get for Halloween and for Xmas before I decide if I want to say good bye to the Sims 4 or not, I am also wondering if I am the only one who felt disappointed with the new video, if I am then I guess it was just Me then, unless you think it was a Winner, which do you think it was? I would be interested to know what others thought.
P.S. fixed post a bit , sorry.. http://simsvip.com/2016/10/02/sims-4-maxis-releases-quarterly-teaser-2/
Post edited by BlueBlack007 on

Comments

• Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    edited October 2016
    I like the layout of the video, but there was honestly nothing new that was interesting in it. I know about CL and the day of the dead challenge (which I'm excited for). But the holiday pack isn't new and that stuff pack seems ok but it's nothing people have been asking for.

I also don't understand what those patch notes were talking about last week. Literally nothing game changing (that we didnt know about) was announced.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maybe something will come forth this week -- it's a Sunday and maybe they wanted to get the quarterly teaser out of the way before they make any sort of big announcement.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    I like the layout of the video, but there was honestly nothing new that was interesting in it. I know about CL and the day of the dead challenge (which I'm excited for). But the holiday pack isn't new and that stuff pack seems ok but it's nothing people have been asking for.

I also don't understand what those patch notes were talking about last week. Literally nothing game changing (that we didnt know about) was announced.

That is what I thought, that the stuff they showed was nothing new or stuff we already did know bout, I was bummed out when I saw it.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Nothing exciting or impressive about the content for me, but the presentation was nice and clear to follow.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Maybe something will come forth this week -- it's a Sunday and maybe they wanted to get the quarterly teaser out of the way before they make any sort of big announcement.

I do not know bout that, but I do hope your right, that they will come out with something better then that, cause it showed nothing much to Me.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited October 2016
    WAY more informative than last quarter's, that's for sure. I really appreciate that.

I like the 1960s fashion/decor pack, so I'm looking forward to that.

Everything else in the teaser has me scratching my head, though. What's up with Mortimer and Bella talking about hearts? Are we getting a new chemistry/turn-ons system?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I'm really glad they went back to the video teaser instead of a gif! And on a Sunday as well! However, I also thought it didn't really show much stuff that we didn't know about already.
    There's of course City Living; then the Day of the Dead challenge which modders have found out about already; and the expansion to the holiday pack didn't really surprise me either, they did the same last year.
    The only thing that's really new is the new SP - which seems quite cool to me on the first look, I do actually like the "retro" style.

I'm just wondering whether this statement about "ridges" at the end of the last patch notes means anything or if it maybe was just pointing towards the release of the teaser, which we now have? I was kinda hoping for something bigger as well.
    Maybe we'll hear something next week - even if it's just a confirmation that there's nothing big coming, that way at least I won't get my hopes up any further... ;)
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    WAY more informative than last quarter's, that's for sure. I really appreciate that.

I like the 1960s fashion/decor pack, so I'm looking forward to that.

Everything else in the teaser has me scratching my head, though. What's up with Mortimer and Bella talking about hearts? Are we getting a new chemistry/turn-ons system?

I did not notice the 1960's stuff, was probably to busy pouting, :) as for Mortimer and Bella, I have no clue, but you could be right, I sure hope we do, :).
  • Options
    I'm really glad they went back to the video teaser instead of a gif! And on a Sunday as well! However, I also thought it didn't really show much stuff that we didn't know about already.
    There's of course City Living; then the Day of the Dead challenge which modders have found out about already; and the expansion to the holiday pack didn't really surprise me either, they did the same last year.
    The only thing that's really new is the new SP - which seems quite cool to me on the first look, I do actually like the "retro" style.

I'm just wondering whether this statement about "ridges" at the end of the last patch notes means anything or if it maybe was just pointing towards the release of the teaser, which we now have? I was kinda hoping for something bigger as well.
    Maybe we'll hear something next week - even if it's just a confirmation that there's nothing big coming, that way at least I won't get my hopes up any further... ;)

Yup I can not wait to see what the new SP is bout, and as for Xmas, I am hoping for the Santa suit with Hat, and the Mrs outfit with a bonnet or hat of some kind, :).
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I thought that the preview was amazing! I'm very excited for all the fresh new content coming out between now and December 31st.
  • Options
    I thought that the preview was amazing! I'm very excited for all the fresh new content coming out between now and December 31st.

I am glad you liked it , and I hope that you get stuff you want for your game as well.
  • Options
    I just reviewed the video again, and I still did not see the 1960's stuff, the clothes I saw was stuff we already got, so I must be missing something, I will just wait and see if anything new will show up for this week, only time will tell I guess.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I just reviewed the video again, and I still did not see the 1960's stuff, the clothes I saw was stuff we already got, so I must be missing something, I will just wait and see if anything new will show up for this week, only time will tell I guess.

The Stuff Pack at the end has new clothes and decor objects, but they feel earlier than the 1960s to me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The Stuff Pack at the end has new clothes and decor objects, but they feel earlier than the 1960s to me.

Oh ya now that you pointed that out, I re-looked at the video and I saw what you mentioned, yes one dress looks like 1800-1900's, unless it is the same dress we already got, but I hope it is new, thanks, :)
    Update> nope that is a new dress, nice I can not wait for it then, :).
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I was thinking 50's, to be honest. Kind of that mid-century modern look. I know we've already gotten most of the October goodies but I'm really glad they went with Day of the Dead for this year. Living in central Texas, it's a huge theme down here so it's fun to see it in game, as well. This may actually be one challenge/collection I'll be doing since I love sugar skulls.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    Did you notice the smoke effect on the Day of the Dead People? I wonder what that's about?? Can we get that as a permanent effect? Now I'm really curious...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    that was a theme from Texas? now why does that not surprise Me none, I say that cause every time I hear bout something new for a game I play, Texas seems to be mentioned every time, what is wrong with other states or even Countries? the company's only mention the one it seems, I got nothing against Texas, but it would be nice if others were mentioned once in awhile as well, :)
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Did you notice the smoke effect on the Day of the Dead People? I wonder what that's about?? Can we get that as a permanent effect? Now I'm really curious...

Yup I saw it but have no clue bout what it was for, only time will tell I guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    that was a theme from Texas? now why does that not surprise Me none, I say that cause every time I hear bout something new for a game I play, Texas seems to be mentioned every time, what is wrong with other states or even Countries? the company's only mention the one it seems, I got nothing against Texas, but it would be nice if others were mentioned once in awhile as well, :)

Uh, what?

No, it's actually Mexican but where I live is probably 80% Mexican/Hispanic so Day of the Dead is very popular around here.

Not sure what you mean about the other Texas stuff. I haven't seen anything specifically related to Texas so far in this game. What am I missing?

ETA:

I saw that. Am wondering as well. It looks similar to the smoke effect from the new guitar patched in recently.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ebuchala wrote: »

Uh, what?

No, it's actually Mexican but where I live is probably 80% Mexican/Hispanic so Day of the Dead is very popular around here.

Not sure what you mean about the other Texas stuff. I haven't seen anything specifically related to Texas so far in this game. What am I missing?

ETA:

I saw that. Am wondering as well. It looks similar to the smoke effect from the new guitar patched in recently.

My reasoning was this, I play many games on My Computer, and every time new content shows up for one of them, I hear the word Texas, and I was saying is that the only state that the companies bother to talk bout and get involved? why not other states as well ? was My point, :)
    P.S. just ignore My ranting, I am tired , it has been a long day , :).
  • Options
    I think I only got 1 problem with this so called new challenge coming up, and that is The Fact that I can not use a new area or family in My game in order to do it, by the time the challenge is over with, We still wont have City Living by then, so I will have to use one of My families that is already in the game for this new challenge, and hope and pray that nothing bad happens to My saved Families already in game, for Me it will be nerve wracking to say the least, cause so far All My homes in game are taken.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Uh, what?

ETA:

My reasoning was this, I play many games on My Computer, and every time new content shows up for one of them, I hear the word Texas, and I was saying is that the only state that the companies bother to talk bout and get involved? why not other states as well ? was My point, :)
    P.S. just ignore My ranting, I am tired , it has been a long day , :).

Oh, I see. Interesting. I haven't seen that but we probably play different games, other than this one. No worries, I really just didn't understand what you were getting at. :)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016
    The stuff pack looks like Mid-century Modern (clock), maybe with a hint of Art Deco (long dress) or other vintage between 1920s - 1950s. Some of the stuff in CL is mid-century modern according to concept artists like ex-SimGuruPizza.

Things that fit in with that time period game play wise could be...

Kitchen appliances such as Smeg fridges, blenders, mixers, food processors.
    Household appliances like electric vacuum cleaners, washing machines and irons.
    Kids/teen activities like scooters, quad skates, mechanical toys like train sets and tin spinning tops and wind up toys.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think it was terrific!!! <3 I don't understand why people are disappointed and believe they can make huge assumptions based on a few seconds.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited October 2016
    Boring, most of it was what we already knew (City Living, month challenge). The Holiday stuff looks like more additions to the free DLC which is pointless since we don't have seasons, seasonal events, and holidays in game yet. And the Stuff Pack? Well we saw a couch, rug, clock?, new clothes and that was it. No gameplay object was shown. Sims 4 has been disappointing since it was revealed and just continues to disappoint. Maybe next quarter will be better and offer..........
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1