The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should The Sims 4 End Here ?

Comments

• Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think the main problem with The Sims 4 is the engine itself. The games is super limited it feels like they're struggling to add the most basic things. Olympus pretty much broke this iteration and they can't barely do anything to delete the Olympus heritage.

Should The Sims 4 end now? Well, that's a hard question because I don't see Maxis saying "Ok, The Sims 4 is a flop and now we're focusing on The Sims 5. Don't expect any news or any new content until ¿2019?" and also I don't see we Simmers being that patient :p I play The Sims 4, I kinda enjoy it but only for 30 mins - 1 hour. It's not my favorite Sims game and I know it's a flop and I wish they end The Sims 4 now and start working on The Sims 5, but being realistic that's not gonna happen.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    No. I don't think it should end after EP3, for better or for worse it does need to be allowed to run its course ... its full course.

They do need to push the base engine more to its limits and get it to whatever it can do. I would hate to have another Sims game have the release like Sims4 had. Besides, the average lifespan of any sims series is 5-6 years. We are now at the two year mark for the game. Given the timeline, base work for Sims5 should begin sometime this year.

Yes that was what I was thinking.

Pulling the plug now would just mean a couple of years of no Sims releases what so ever. How is that supposed to fund TS5 which, if it is coming, would be in early development stages...

That is another aspect of it too. It isn't like IF they decided to end Sims4 today it isn't like in 6 months Sims5 is released. It takes years. So yes, let them make content for Sims4 ... cause like it or not, parts of Sims4 will be incorporated into Sims5. Let those who like Sims4 buy the products that will help fund Sims5.

I, for one hope that the club feature from Get Together is added in. It makes me curious as to what else might come in for Sims4.
  • Options
    lillyfoxlillyfox Posts: 21 Member
    @Dramatic-Gamer If it ended now, I would be fine with it.
  • Options
    carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2016
    In my opinion I would be glad if they just stopped the sims 4 and go on to the sims 5. They would look at the stupid mistakes they made in the sims 4 and realize they can't do that in the sims 5. Do you really think they would make another sims game without toddlers or an open world? I mean look how much trouble they have been receiving because they didn't give a lot of simmers what we wanted.
    baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    And if they did stop Sims4 right now to put out Sims5 ... no one complain when Sims titles get a two year run before being dropped so the next brand new base game with a brand new 50 dollar + price tag released.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    carly552 wrote: »
    In my opinion I would be glad if they just stopped the sims 4 and go on to the sims 5. They would look at the plum mistakes they made in the sims 4 and realize they can't do that in the sims 5. Do you really think they would make another sims 5 without toddlers or an open world? I mean look how much trouble they have been receiving because they didn't give a lot of simmers what we wanted.

I don't really believe there will be a TS5. If there were I would be very hesitant to buy it. In the later years of TS3 I noticed that the short cuts started to appear. Although, from the beginning TS3 had less interactions. Just look at the difference between make out scenes between 2 and 3 or the interactions with toddlers between 2 and 3.

Going on the appearance of these cuts in 3 from 2 and now how superficial 4 is I don't think 5 would hold much with the exception of the grind. It really would be like Diner Dash.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No.

/End thread.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Maybe.

/thread resurrected
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Oh yes, let's end the Sims 4 off the advice of a very vocal minority. It's not like alienating millions of fans will kill the franchise just because a few thousand were mad about a color wheel and a few toddlers. It's like the AFA; believing that their little boycott is make a difference against Target when in reality, Target is not affected and they're a tiny vocal minority.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Gabe_oz I dont think the sims 4 should end here (mostly because I believe they should finish what they started & add what is missing). But a) even though by now I feel I should just copy/paste my previous posts but, again, this is not just about toddlers (and definitely not about a color wheel for that matter, even if yeah, it was a nice feature); and b) this is not a "tiny vocal minority"... I invite you to go look at the results of, for example @esharpmajor 's survey (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895020/the-unofficial-simmer-census-closed-final-results-posted/p1) - which, if nothing else, will show you that even with a margin of error, we're not just talking about 10 % of simmers here - & and these metacritic scores:

Sims 1: 92% Metascore / 38 critics - 7.9 User Score / 439 Ratings
    Sims 2: 90% Metascore / 61 critics - 8.8 User Score / 652 Ratings
    Sims 3: 86% Metascore / 75 critics - 7.7 User Score / 860 Ratings
    Sims 4: 70% Metascore / 74 critics - 3.9 User Score / 2012 Ratings

Look especially at the user ratings, or the drop from first to fourth game in metascore & then tell us: why do you think that is? Why isn't this series improving? And could you possibly imagine that people who want "TS4 to end" may in reality just want TS4 to either become as good as what they were used to, or to be able to move on to TS5 as quickly as possible (because they do still have some faith in EA to turn this trend around)?
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    I know there are a lot of moving parts, but I seriously think EA just needs to own up to the fact this iteration has failed and move on. But, the fear is, will THE SIMS 5 be worse?

They need to take a look at THE SIMS 2 and take from that iteration.

If Sims 2 has the graphics of Sims 4, that game would sell like hotcakes.
  • Options
    kazz2829kazz2829 Posts: 6 New Member
    I really don't want sims to end but I feel sims 4 isn't going anywhere good it just doesn't feel like the sims 2 and 3 but there are good points and I really really wish they would start on sims 5 and look at all the good points on the games so far. I hate the lack of control when traveling using two areas at once it just doesn't work at the moment although there's lots of skills it doesn't feel good to complete them...or its to much work to complete them for the game play. My favourite is sims 3 although it's a nightmare I love all the extra items I bought and the ponds and the general feel of the game. I play sims from when it first came out in hated it! I felt the same way...just bored. Sims 2 came out and I played it on the Xbox with nightlife I think but I stopped playing it for years I feel in love with sims 3 and really wished they carried on making sims better but it feels that were not really getting as much for our money on the packs. Or they just don't have the heart in it anymore like they use to. I have much more to say this is one of the only posts I've done but I seem to be checking for new things everyday and I am very disappointed.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Daleylife wrote: »
    I know there are a lot of moving parts, but I seriously think EA just needs to own up to the fact this iteration has failed and move on. But, the fear is, will THE SIMS 5 be worse?

I respectfully disagree. I loathe the graphics of TS4. Too sparkly Disney Princess looking, too claymation, too lumpy.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member

That's my fear, too. There's now a precedent to shortcut and shortchange.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited August 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I respectfully disagree. I loathe the graphics of TS4. Too sparkly Disney Princess looking, too claymation, too lumpy.

It's migraine inducing! Ugh, who ever thought that was a good art style should be throttled. My kids don't even like it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited August 2016
    yes it should end here. i can't imagine the things that they will screw up in a sims 5

No it shouldn t. I want 4 completed not ending early. As I said if it ends now we have 3 or more years to wait.

wait on what a sims 5 that EA will develope lol look how the sims 3 and 4 have been screwed up, and you think that there will a sims 5
  • Options

I really had thought that Sims 4 would have been a combination of all the great aspects of Sims 2 and Sims 3, with a sprinkle of innovation with ideas from Sims 4 (like functioning multitasking, improve weight gain system, hair that can be worn with hats, no maternity clothing, etc.) But instead we got a short cut Beta game sporting an Alpha game price tag. We are essentially playing and testing a Beta game for EA/Maxis.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I personally love this game. I have played this series since day one. I do not play with cc or mods, and have loved it since release (yes, even base game).
    This has been my favorite in the series so far, followed by 2, then 1, and last is 3 (even though it had Unicorns).
    Are there issues? of course.
    Have there been times when I got bored with the game and stopped playing for a little bit? Yes. (which btw also happened with all the other titles). Do I come back to the game and get enamored all over again? Every time. I simply find a new challenge to start, or find inspiration to start a new home and I'm sucked right back in.
    I love the emotion system, I love the characters I've created and I've even started building some half decent houses and community lots myself, which I've never been able to do in any previous releases thus far.
    I feel like each pack that is released is better than the last, and compliments the game, and the previous packs nicely.
    Do I want toddlers? yes. I do feel that this is a missing puzzle piece from base game, however, should we get an announcement that they will never be added to this game, I will not stop playing it. Toddlers will not make or break this game for me, and I am mostly a family, rotational player.
    I would have been absolutely overjoyed if they had included certain aspects of the previous series' packs (the expected ones like seasons and pets and so on) into the base, so they could have introduced new things to the game - more things like get together, which I love - but TS4 is not a re-done 3, or 2, or 1. It's a new game, with new things that I'm learning to do in the game. I've never been a very social player. My sims rarely had friends outside of their own families and it's something that the club system has opened up for me.
    I took TS4 base game for what it was - a new base game, and I do see a lot of potential for it still, and in fact, I see even more potential for the game as it's progressing.
    I do have some complaints - everyone does and everyone will - the ropes that EA has tied around the gurus with releasing information has always been an issue with this series, but the live streams (before release) are a big step forward, and I appreciate that. They definitely hype me up, and they help me form a more informed decision on whether or not I want this pack in my game. Am I going to use these objects, or do I want this pack simply because I'm a collector? For example, I had no interest in buying Spooky Stuff... did I complain about them making it? No. I just simply chose not to buy it... I made a decision that when/if a seasons EP comes out, I would be more likely to use it then... and will consider buying it then. I did however enter a giveaway and ended up winning it, so yay for me.

Over the 16 years that the series has been around, EA has created many groups of players that all learned to play in different ways and appreciate different parts of the game. After this many years... it has become impossible to please everyone. They get a lot of information that we don't know about from our games which I'm sure play a big part in what future content will include. I'm pretty sure they know, by stats, and yes numbers/sales, whether or not they are making the majority of simmers happy with what they are releasing. I think it's very unfair to make comments like "most people hate this game" or "they're losing half of their players". There are millions of simmers around the world who have played this game, and I truly feel if they have lost, or are losing players by the bucketfuls that it would be continuing. But it is, because I feel like there are still millions of people logged in and playing, and enjoying the game right now.
  • Options
    thekey23thekey23 Posts: 37 Member
    I am a day 1 player of the sims. From sims 1 to sims 4. Does sims 4 suck..yes but I don't think they should just scrap it. I think it should somehow be enhanced. Listen to the people and make some changes in the expansions. Will it probably be the worst of all the sims..yup but they can still made lemonade out of this lemon. I go back and forth between playing sims 3 and 4. I like the personality of sims 3 and open worlds. i feel so restricted in sims 4 and that there is no family just sims who want to party all the dang time. So when they are done partying and they clear out their house what is left? Sims with no real family culture in the house, lets just sleep until the next party or gathering. I at least hope to be able to follow the kids to school or something in the near future. I will say I like the careers where you follow them to work but outside of that bored, thats when I switch to sims 3 and play my families
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    carly552 wrote: »
    In my opinion I would be glad if they just stopped the sims 4 and go on to the sims 5. They would look at the plum mistakes they made in the sims 4 and realize they can't do that in the sims 5. Do you really think they would make another sims game without toddlers or an open world? I mean look how much trouble they have been receiving because they didn't give a lot of simmers what we wanted.

We can dream can't we?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think if they quit with Sims 4 right now I would just pick up a Uzi, invade EA and say, "This is daylight robbery!"

Then I'd get their fingerprints all over the Uzi. Then I'd go rob a drug-store with it. Then they''d get arrested for daylight robbery.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I think the main problem with The Sims 4 is the engine itself. The games is super limited it feels like they're struggling to add the most basic things. Olympus pretty much broke this iteration and they can't barely do anything to delete the Olympus heritage.

Should The Sims 4 end now? Well, that's a hard question because I don't see Maxis saying "Ok, The Sims 4 is a flop and now we're focusing on The Sims 5. Don't expect any news or any new content until ¿2019?" and also I don't see we Simmers being that patient :p I play The Sims 4, I kinda enjoy it but only for 30 mins - 1 hour. It's not my favorite Sims game and I know it's a flop and I wish they end The Sims 4 now and start working on The Sims 5, but being realistic that's not gonna happen.
    They should just put the Olympus stuff back - the story and online modes.

If people like story and online modes, then spin it off as a separate product, have BioWare this story/online Sims in the future. Alternatively, let it fail, and then they'll never think of forcing grinding or griefing play on us again.

Keep TS3 optimized and updated with fresh content in the meantime. The money is there, and TS4 will clearly be targeted towards a different market from the traditional Sims fanbase.
    But instead we got a short cut Beta game sporting an Alpha game price tag. We are essentially playing and testing a Beta game for EA/Maxis.
    Alpha actually means a product less developed than Beta.

Cool! I did not know that! :D See, learn something new everyday!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    thekey23 wrote: »
    I am a day 1 player of the sims. From sims 1 to sims 4. Does sims 4 suck..yes but I don't think they should just scrap it. I think it should somehow be enhanced. Listen to the people and make some changes in the expansions. Will it probably be the worst of all the sims..yup but they can still made lemonade out of this lemon. I go back and forth between playing sims 3 and 4. I like the personality of sims 3 and open worlds. i feel so restricted in sims 4 and that there is no family just sims who want to party all the dang time. So when they are done partying and they clear out their house what is left? Sims with no real family culture in the house, lets just sleep until the next party or gathering. I at least hope to be able to follow the kids to school or something in the near future. I will say I like the careers where you follow them to work but outside of that bored, thats when I switch to sims 3 and play my families

I've had plenty of family culture in my games -- granted, no toddlers but I've had a lot of fun playing families with children and teens. My Sims rarely party -- they'll have their best friends over for a dinner party once in a while, and they go out to breakfast on Sundays when Mom is off from work and the kids don't have school. Or they'll play Don't Wake The Llama in the evenings after the kids finish their homework. The kids are teens now, so I've got them starting on the skills they'll need for their careers (thank you Boost Week!) but I still plan on continuing the weekly breakfasts out since that was a tradition in my family.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited August 2016
    No this game still has a long way to go and can be better with more player control and a lot of bug issues fixes.
    A super lot of twinking it to get the right balance.
    It very slowly coming together, just not enough player control to custom players worlds.
    It's like having your Mother over your shoulder watching you play and controlling your play.