The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solved!! Help Please! Sims 3 won't recognize graphics card GeForce GTX 750 Ti?

InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
Hello I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. I just got a new desktop recently and after downloading sims 4 and seeing the huge difference the new graphics card made in the details I wanted to play the sims 3. So I downloaded it powered it up and it was glorious for a few hours till it froze and crashed. It tells me that it doesn't recognize the graphics card. So I did what else but Googled the issue and I found this: simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game and so I tried that but I keep getting this [Found:0, Matched:0] in the deviceConfig file!
I've now spend approximately 2.5 hours trying to figure this out and fix it! I'm about ready to say forget it and uninstall it. So for the last ditch attempt. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

My PC stuff is:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160119-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
Page File: 1474MB used, 8618MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1380&SUBSYS_37513842&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4036 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1988 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: LG FULL HD
Monitor Id: GSM5ABB
Post edited by Invisibleaes on

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    what patch are you on? 1.69 or 1.67

If on 1.67 use the TS3w file. If on 1.69 use the ts3.exe file

add the sims 3 game to your Nvidia control panel. Under 3d settings/program settings click browse to find the TS3w file (ts3.exe if on 1.69 patch)

you must pay in full screen mode for vsync to work

in your Nvidia control panel under 3d settings click add then browse. Then you will be clicking on a bunch of files to get to the TS3W file which runs the game. computer C, to program files X 86 file, to origin games file, to the sims 3 file, to the game file, to the bin file. In the bin file you will find the TS3W file. Add that to control panel and put vsync on adaptive. This game must have vsync on or it will run your fps way to high. Also remind yourself every time you have an nvidia card update make sure it does not reset your vsync before playing. Nvidia card updates will also reset your game launcher settings every time.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    It's 1.69. Okay I think I got what you mean. When you said "vsync" is that short for Vertical sync?
  • Options
    It's 1.69. Okay I think I got what you mean. When you said "vsync" is that short for Vertical sync?

yes and it is a must with this game with med to higher end video cards
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Okay! Then I've done it right. What settings would you suggest I use?
    Well apparently it's default know is to set them all on the highest setting available.
  • Options
    Okay! Then I've done it right. What settings would you suggest I use?

I suggest turning off memories, they will bog down your game, stop the store from loading in cas and keep lot details on low. A patch caused the game to stutter for some so lot details on low helps. - The rest as far as playing on ultra or high, you would need to play with the settings and see what works for you
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! I'll tinker with some of those. I'm so happy I can finally play sims 3 again! I never got to explore in IP enough my old PC couldn't do it but know I'll be lost in sims land for a while! o:)
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! I'll tinker with some of those. I'm so happy I can finally play sims 3 again! I never got to explore in IP enough my old PC couldn't do it but know I'll be lost in sims land for a while! o:)

Your welcome ! enjoy!
  • Options

Your welcome ! enjoy!

I will!