Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally bought it!!

So I finally broke down and bought Spooky Stuff! I have been debating about buying and looking at people's pics got me excited so... I'm downloading it and I am really excited! :p

Comments

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I just bought spooky stuff and cool kitchen for my birthday. They are both awesome packs. My birthday was yesterday. October 15th.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,643 Member
    I just bought spooky stuff and cool kitchen for my birthday. They are both awesome packs. My birthday was yesterday. October 15th.

Hello @AtomicSimmer :) Happy birthday! I hope that your new birthday year ahead holds many special times for you! :)
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2015
    I broke down and got it today too, I was going to pass but I needed something new in my game to try and make it more interesting. The pumpkin carving table is ok but unless one can unlock other items it will get old very quickly. I am waiting for a sim week end to try out the costumes in a party, and that hopefully should be fun. This pack also comes with a "robotic spider" however it does appear that the robotic is in the name only as the spider hasn't moved in the last 48 sim hours. It does look cool with the decorative webs. There are a lot of other spooky items and making a haunted house will be great fun. So all I have to do is find a ghost somewhere and my haunted house will be complete.

Edit: The carving table gives you more choices as your handiness skill increases. Getting ready to throw a kick butt Halloween party, will try all the goodies and see what happens.

Edit: As the message stated, the party was truly frightening, the costumes left something to be desired, I truly hope this is not a sign of what we can look forward to with get together. My mixologist never showed up, I guess nobody could be found with those skills and my caterer made two dishes that nobody touched but fortunately I had one of the catering tables from Luxury Party along with a fountain that I filled with chocolate. I ended up with enough food to last a family of eight for a week or two, if I had a fridge that could keep food for that long.

My guests intermingled and one carved a pumpkin, to go along with the two I carved. I forgot to take care of the music but apparently it wasn't on my party todo list, so music wasn't missed. As previous parties never seemed that much fun either, whether hosted by one of my sims or by somebody else, it wasn't much of a surprise and that silly spider just sat on the wall, I had hoped it would come alive in the party but nope. I feel the event was overkill, and maybe next time I will only have a few things there and no mixologist or caterer.
    Post edited by Ethyrdude on
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    @AtomicSimmer Happy late birthday! Hope you enjoy your new games!

I actually do like this pack,for ten bucks its not bad. I did throw a party and it was pretty fun! My sims carved pumpkins I had my sim serve a zombie cake and the guests loved it!
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I think cool kitchen and spooky stuff packs are awesome. I like how you can carve a pumpkin and then if you put it on the ground you can smash it.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,643 Member
    @AtomicSimmer Happy late birthday! Hope you enjoy your new games!

I actually do like this pack,for ten bucks its not bad. I did throw a party and it was pretty fun! My sims carved pumpkins I had my sim serve a zombie cake and the guests loved it!

It is great that you are enjoying the pack @jbreland1230 , and that your spooky party went well! The new spooky themed food items are great! They are fun to have our sims make and serve at the spooky parties! It is fun having a sims carve the pumpkins then putting them on display in our homes.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    @jbreland1230, glad you're enjoying it.

@Ethyrdude, I'm sorry your party didn't go as planned. I've found my Sim parties go better when they don't hire any staff and do all the work themselves. Better luck next time.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    @jbreland1230, glad you're enjoying it.

@Ethyrdude, I'm sorry your party didn't go as planned. I've found my Sim parties go better when they don't hire any staff and do all the work themselves. Better luck next time.

I found this too. You can prepare cake and place in the fridge with candles/topper already on it, prepare some food and either put in fridge or leave out (guests help themselves either way), make coffee or tea/get a cooler/drinks tray/pre-make and refrigerate drinks for the drink factor (or drink milk/juice quick meals). You don't need an entertainer, but you need music and a card table is handy in case you get the goal to play games.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    @EmmaVane and @greenXen: That is exactly what I plan on doing. Throw a party and not hire anyone as they either don't show up or just make the party worse. There are things I also forgot to do but that's ok, the next party will rock. Too bad Celebrities don't show up when you throw killer parties but maybe this feature will be added at a later date?
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Actually, a fellow Simmer here bought the Spooky Stuff SP for me and I couldn't be more excited! In my humble opinion, I think it's much, much better than Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, or Cool Kitchen SP (the last one being the worst of all) and I think the Sims team moved towards a better direction with this last SP. So glad you're enjoying it too!
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2015
    Enjoy the pack, mate. I hope your spooky party is better than mine. None of the guests showed up except for the hired help, although I managed to get Gold rating...
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2015
    So I finally broke down and bought Spooky Stuff! I have been debating about buying and looking at people's pics got me excited so... I'm downloading it and I am really excited! :p
    You should definitely try grabbing a treat from the candy bowl. It's a blast. And the pumpkin carving station, that's fun to play with too. I recommend using the pumpkin carving station as a means to quickly level up your sims in handiness. With a high level in handiness, your sim has a greater chance of creating a masterpiece in carved pumpkins. And you get the option to preserve those masterpieces too. I suggest having your sim inspired before they start carving a pumpkin. Their chance of creating a masterpiece in a carved pumpkin goes even higher when they are inspired.