June 24th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Multiple Foundation Heights

I asked SimGuruDaniel if it was possible to have different foundation heights on one lot. He said "Yes in theory but not easily."

That gives me hope for multiple foundation heights in the future. Is this something other people would want?


ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 21,442 Member
    Only if it meant I could create the U-turn staircase. I haven't seen too many houses with multiple levels to the foundation. Sounds chaotic. Do you have a picture of a real house so I could get a better visual? Sounds like it could be interesting.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited October 2015
    Thank for sharing this info @Misskermit99
    Only if it meant I could create the U-turn staircase. I haven't seen too many houses with multiple levels to the foundation. Sounds chaotic. Do you have a picture of a real house so I could get a better visual? Sounds like it could be interesting.
    @GalacticGal
    Yep! We coulod have split level stairs, decks, foundation and attached garages - all of this without cheats.

    traditional-staircase.jpg
    clean-simple-split-level-living-room.jpg
    qb-split-level-5.jpg
    0a8adeda06398cbc21e8b6f311acbdf4.jpg
    garage-attach.jpg

    I've been wanting this forever.
    NO BACKDROPS IN TS5, PLEASE!

    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)

    Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims. Also Music Bands.
  • TankCrazeTankCraze Posts: 34 Member
    It'd be nice if they made it easier to do so.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,397 Member
    TankCraze wrote: »
    It'd be nice if they made it easier to do so.

    I agree @TankCraze. Splitlevels without warped walls would be the best.
    NO BACKDROPS IN TS5, PLEASE!

    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)

    Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims. Also Music Bands.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    would love this feature to be added:)))
    00.jpg


    Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I would love to be able to have the house on a foundation (so I could have porches) and the garage on the ground, with a few stairs up into the home. Or the house on a foundation and a shed or pool house on the ground.

    I would also love to be able to have different structures on the same level have different wall heights. A house with a tall wall height does not need a shed with a tall wall height. You would not be able to connect them, but that would be OK.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited October 2015
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I would love to be able to have the house on a foundation (so I could have porches) and the garage on the ground, with a few stairs up into the home. Or the house on a foundation and a shed or pool house on the ground.

    I would also love to be able to have different structures on the same level have different wall heights. A house with a tall wall height does not need a shed with a tall wall height. You would not be able to connect them, but that would be OK.

    This would really add so much to building. I wish they add it. @Piperbird


    Edit: Also wish they add half width (not length) walls. Or quarter tile walls.
    NO BACKDROPS IN TS5, PLEASE!

    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)

    Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims. Also Music Bands.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,781 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Thank for sharing this info @Misskermit99
    Only if it meant I could create the U-turn staircase. I haven't seen too many houses with multiple levels to the foundation. Sounds chaotic. Do you have a picture of a real house so I could get a better visual? Sounds like it could be interesting.
    @GalacticGal
    Yep! We coulod have split level stairs, decks, foundation and attached garages - all of this without cheats.

    traditional-staircase.jpg
    clean-simple-split-level-living-room.jpg
    qb-split-level-5.jpg
    0a8adeda06398cbc21e8b6f311acbdf4.jpg
    garage-attach.jpg

    I've been wanting this forever.

    Some of that can be accomplished in the game already. It takes some manipulation, but it can be done:

    f5SDbALCnhNFN_Rhou2q5clhzBUskU5NTW4pTlLUC7UJfHb1DnvXIv0nQ39lCWBWFdVaWewy4C6cXI1O2QD4JgHcU5zFY2zofVqTCy1OWLW6eQpd5tb-W7YlJHm_QXQACHsvDFnNCe_7aZ5A9IKhUN0gs10uB9VKAcPoEBPf-gz5Nv9jCKTeQ8c5N7hHnyQuewP3k0hg2RsdAOMFN6asGpvzW9LYfVlhxDOURzk5ysWbbaoRWU2JrKxtig7e2WLGc3aDvYtNcvAyDbuanA1xtZG1-HNpxn6_C98_PdNbGJnAsy3v_YOf6RThSJug7989P9E10CRt5lMCVAS9Z3Wa8a3Jk-sJN2HS4VZgTD-6_hVsnhqj6t6DLNFKtgH3Btcn_BbeNAWS0rbbQgrUe1GHVH3ZEzANfiI0i54WvSUiWpOZI8LX69JhhEpT4aQoeQkM_68tLxF60_rpEVMbZuHp0B6wJQTpsaV_ovSawL3ZmVPJQgA8G_1yRkRm7MeLcbOV-hy6-aZresHRvikg0YFAbZW5Ku0K5La9hKPDKB9oH6c=w1769-h995-no

    52mpob5PugZz4fhyusY46XPvDO60IrpSHDEcjISUMsF7oziiCQXpk4RwdDG3z3eORFHzN9GYEFPJYZpJtSJebXRb-xnTUTl0iii0iah6uGSWrYNUgHZsAZa1leBkGvkDQDSoPjVgob3ovUz21TfmXT7fNoE834nSTa-AR1r7dJFESuy5rwR7YKI5xmF4UE4sY_1l8ZjXdUvb3IOFfhPx-QsJ3mV4gNyohCH-Cz8mwSaVNHs6HEzCM2m3bqgbdgKcmZFMWLEC5fL6KXWyekRQ4RzcV1KFqj9qytz1erK17rr5kntWjGgubwSgFAEy-sKDstTtlzhouFtKtCqLQOgTDPi_9qH4DJ1r3QTTJqbp7BC_zNN1spKEWXiZKPAV-9ctNy-yi25khptG0hl1hcRztIuyp9hDz2sKSXNRF7PHtJQENE5Q73cX29Q6yEI4MPEprisNGP88qsLeuqdCOrxsFkh6MX3mYQYOISboGy7EOqPwOB1c4eLKWEOLOgvkxp4moaO467wSllkEvD8IXV-exAoNjacusW5FyQAJQQ3B8QTZ=w1769-h995-no

    But I would like to be able to do something like this:

    MTS_mstybl95-219684-512VenturaLaneFrontView.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,973 Member
    I don't know, "Yes in theory" sounds like "no" to me :/ It's possible, but it would be very, very expensive. I'm still waiting for chatting while fishing. If it's not there in Get Together, that's another one which I think will never show up.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 3,997 Member
    As i understand, it is difficult as the system used to make a room as one thing.

    Then the room at 2nd photo, if implement it, would be 2 rooms
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,397 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Thank for sharing this info @Misskermit99
    Only if it meant I could create the U-turn staircase. I haven't seen too many houses with multiple levels to the foundation. Sounds chaotic. Do you have a picture of a real house so I could get a better visual? Sounds like it could be interesting.
    @GalacticGal
    Yep! We coulod have split level stairs, decks, foundation and attached garages - all of this without cheats.

    I've been wanting this forever.

    Some of that can be accomplished in the game already. It takes some manipulation, but it can be done:

    f5SDbALCnhNFN_Rhou2q5clhzBUskU5NTW4pTlLUC7UJfHb1DnvXIv0nQ39lCWBWFdVaWewy4C6cXI1O2QD4JgHcU5zFY2zofVqTCy1OWLW6eQpd5tb-W7YlJHm_QXQACHsvDFnNCe_7aZ5A9IKhUN0gs10uB9VKAcPoEBPf-gz5Nv9jCKTeQ8c5N7hHnyQuewP3k0hg2RsdAOMFN6asGpvzW9LYfVlhxDOURzk5ysWbbaoRWU2JrKxtig7e2WLGc3aDvYtNcvAyDbuanA1xtZG1-HNpxn6_C98_PdNbGJnAsy3v_YOf6RThSJug7989P9E10CRt5lMCVAS9Z3Wa8a3Jk-sJN2HS4VZgTD-6_hVsnhqj6t6DLNFKtgH3Btcn_BbeNAWS0rbbQgrUe1GHVH3ZEzANfiI0i54WvSUiWpOZI8LX69JhhEpT4aQoeQkM_68tLxF60_rpEVMbZuHp0B6wJQTpsaV_ovSawL3ZmVPJQgA8G_1yRkRm7MeLcbOV-hy6-aZresHRvikg0YFAbZW5Ku0K5La9hKPDKB9oH6c=w1769-h995-no

    52mpob5PugZz4fhyusY46XPvDO60IrpSHDEcjISUMsF7oziiCQXpk4RwdDG3z3eORFHzN9GYEFPJYZpJtSJebXRb-xnTUTl0iii0iah6uGSWrYNUgHZsAZa1leBkGvkDQDSoPjVgob3ovUz21TfmXT7fNoE834nSTa-AR1r7dJFESuy5rwR7YKI5xmF4UE4sY_1l8ZjXdUvb3IOFfhPx-QsJ3mV4gNyohCH-Cz8mwSaVNHs6HEzCM2m3bqgbdgKcmZFMWLEC5fL6KXWyekRQ4RzcV1KFqj9qytz1erK17rr5kntWjGgubwSgFAEy-sKDstTtlzhouFtKtCqLQOgTDPi_9qH4DJ1r3QTTJqbp7BC_zNN1spKEWXiZKPAV-9ctNy-yi25khptG0hl1hcRztIuyp9hDz2sKSXNRF7PHtJQENE5Q73cX29Q6yEI4MPEprisNGP88qsLeuqdCOrxsFkh6MX3mYQYOISboGy7EOqPwOB1c4eLKWEOLOgvkxp4moaO467wSllkEvD8IXV-exAoNjacusW5FyQAJQQ3B8QTZ=w1769-h995-no

    But I would like to be able to do something like this:

    MTS_mstybl95-219684-512VenturaLaneFrontView.jpg

    Very nice! Thats looks good. Only thing we can't add doors or windows to the lower levels.

    I really want different shaped stairs.
    ffa619a981d719b9f29ca3e7a21e4931.jpg
    11de6ba760358c084af791d0f76f5246.jpg
    NO BACKDROPS IN TS5, PLEASE!

    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)

    Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims. Also Music Bands.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,781 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Thank for sharing this info @Misskermit99
    Only if it meant I could create the U-turn staircase. I haven't seen too many houses with multiple levels to the foundation. Sounds chaotic. Do you have a picture of a real house so I could get a better visual? Sounds like it could be interesting.
    @GalacticGal
    Yep! We coulod have split level stairs, decks, foundation and attached garages - all of this without cheats.

    I've been wanting this forever.

    Some of that can be accomplished in the game already. It takes some manipulation, but it can be done:

    f5SDbALCnhNFN_Rhou2q5clhzBUskU5NTW4pTlLUC7UJfHb1DnvXIv0nQ39lCWBWFdVaWewy4C6cXI1O2QD4JgHcU5zFY2zofVqTCy1OWLW6eQpd5tb-W7YlJHm_QXQACHsvDFnNCe_7aZ5A9IKhUN0gs10uB9VKAcPoEBPf-gz5Nv9jCKTeQ8c5N7hHnyQuewP3k0hg2RsdAOMFN6asGpvzW9LYfVlhxDOURzk5ysWbbaoRWU2JrKxtig7e2WLGc3aDvYtNcvAyDbuanA1xtZG1-HNpxn6_C98_PdNbGJnAsy3v_YOf6RThSJug7989P9E10CRt5lMCVAS9Z3Wa8a3Jk-sJN2HS4VZgTD-6_hVsnhqj6t6DLNFKtgH3Btcn_BbeNAWS0rbbQgrUe1GHVH3ZEzANfiI0i54WvSUiWpOZI8LX69JhhEpT4aQoeQkM_68tLxF60_rpEVMbZuHp0B6wJQTpsaV_ovSawL3ZmVPJQgA8G_1yRkRm7MeLcbOV-hy6-aZresHRvikg0YFAbZW5Ku0K5La9hKPDKB9oH6c=w1769-h995-no

    52mpob5PugZz4fhyusY46XPvDO60IrpSHDEcjISUMsF7oziiCQXpk4RwdDG3z3eORFHzN9GYEFPJYZpJtSJebXRb-xnTUTl0iii0iah6uGSWrYNUgHZsAZa1leBkGvkDQDSoPjVgob3ovUz21TfmXT7fNoE834nSTa-AR1r7dJFESuy5rwR7YKI5xmF4UE4sY_1l8ZjXdUvb3IOFfhPx-QsJ3mV4gNyohCH-Cz8mwSaVNHs6HEzCM2m3bqgbdgKcmZFMWLEC5fL6KXWyekRQ4RzcV1KFqj9qytz1erK17rr5kntWjGgubwSgFAEy-sKDstTtlzhouFtKtCqLQOgTDPi_9qH4DJ1r3QTTJqbp7BC_zNN1spKEWXiZKPAV-9ctNy-yi25khptG0hl1hcRztIuyp9hDz2sKSXNRF7PHtJQENE5Q73cX29Q6yEI4MPEprisNGP88qsLeuqdCOrxsFkh6MX3mYQYOISboGy7EOqPwOB1c4eLKWEOLOgvkxp4moaO467wSllkEvD8IXV-exAoNjacusW5FyQAJQQ3B8QTZ=w1769-h995-no

    But I would like to be able to do something like this:

    MTS_mstybl95-219684-512VenturaLaneFrontView.jpg

    Very nice! Thats looks good. Only thing we can't add doors or windows to the lower levels.

    I really want different shaped stairs.
    ffa619a981d719b9f29ca3e7a21e4931.jpg
    11de6ba760358c084af791d0f76f5246.jpg

    I used to do those in TS2. The stage thing that came with Nightlife in combination with elevation cheats. You could make some really unique houses. I miss my terrain tools! Waaaaaahhhhhh!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 21,442 Member
    Looks fantastic! The one where the kitchen is above the dining room reminds me of one of the houses we looked at just prior to our moving here. Had it not been so old and rundown looking, I may have gone for it. I liked the notion of the kitchen being at a different level. But, I finally have my two-story house. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I would also like to be able to adjust foundation size by room, to be able to have different height rooms on one lot. An example would be having a ground floor garage and steps leading up to the main house, especially if the kitchen connects to the garage.

    I may have explained that badly. :-(

    Another similar tool I'd like to get back is foundation or stage objects that can be placed block-by-block, like in The Sims 2. They did not adjust the wall height or anything but some objects could not be placed on them. You could also use these as a landing for stairs. Example:

    snapshot_00000005_14ce25a5.jpg
    snapshot_00000005_94ce25c0.jpg
    snapshot_34e2dd69_94e2eece.jpg

    We can do things a bit like this in The Sims 4 but build mode can be very restrictive (you couldn't have a door at ground level because it would be considered a foundation, not a room, for example). I really hope they add more tools soon, and add extra helpful details like being able to delete single floor tiles.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

    I used to do those in TS2. The stage thing that came with Nightlife in combination with elevation cheats. You could make some really unique houses. I miss my terrain tools! Waaaaaahhhhhh!

    This. ;_;
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,258 Member
    But I don't want manipulation. :(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

  • rconercone Posts: 404 Member
    Yes I would. There are so many things in build I would love IE Curved roofs or even octagon roofs freeform stairs for curved spiral or split level so many of my plans have multilevel stairs
  • DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    I'd want that. I like to build. :smile:
    I'd think it'd be in an Architect's Game Pack or something. Who knows. Then again, the Terrain Tool would likely come before then --- in preparation.
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    It's surprising to me that these features that made building so interesting in TS3 are still missing years later.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • boysaremessyboysaremessy Posts: 2 New Member
    I think an Architect's Game Pack would be a great idea! Terrain tools, more landscaping options would also be nice in that pack. Split level stairs, pre-made dormers so you don't have to spend hours on roofing, round rooms (to match the new round roof), more detail in the roof edges with gutters and corbels! Being able to size windows would be really nice as well. Also, adding trim styles to windows and doors!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,824 Member
    I hope they will do this for TS4, the current foundation system is just a mess and makes the game seem like it's outdated. :s:s
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,824 Member
    Made something to illustrate the need of multiple foundation heights/ foundations by room
    wMFEab9.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Made something to illustrate the need of multiple foundation heights/ foundations by room
    wMFEab9.png

    I knew this was a photo-manip, but it still made me giddy.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top